ASUS Strix RX 480 8GB OC
 AMD FX 8350 4.2 Ghz
 Kingston Hyperx Fury DDR3 1.600 Mhz 8 GB RAM

&

Orbx = Global - Global Vector - Open LC/Europe

REX Sky Force for P3Dv4

Aerosoft Airbus A319

----

I can't get the performance I want. I've shared the necessary information with you. What can I do to get a smooth and beautiful image.

1 hour ago, tr00tr said:

MSI 970A Gaming Pro Carbon
 ASUS Strix RX 480 8GB OC
 AMD FX 8350 4.2 Ghz
 Kingston Hyperx Fury DDR3 1.600 Mhz 8 GB RAM

&

Orbx = Global - Global Vector - Open LC/Europe

REX Sky Force for P3Dv4

Aerosoft Airbus A319

----

I can't get the performance I want. I've shared the necessary information with you. What can I do to get a smooth and beautiful image.

Be aware that the Radeon Crystal software impose limits via it's software. It can even cause stutters and particle redraw distortions under certain circumstances so I would recommend removing it and leave the Windows driver only.

It also appears your RAM memory is a bit small and slow.. so depending of the display settings you are selecting for your simulator it wouldn't be a surprise to see you are struggling to get what you want.

S.

In addition to Simbol's advise; turn off all roads in OrbX Vector. They require quite some processing power. Hate to bring it to you, but for P3D your system is quite marginal to say the least. Only thing you can do is make the simulator as light as possible for it.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

@tr00trP3Dv4.3 doesn't really benefit from tweaks, it's not like FSX. Some people still like to mess about fibre time fractions and a few other bits but any improvements are debatable/marginal and if you do it wrong you will make things worse!

If you're not getting adequate performance, you need to turn your settings down, some make much more of an impact than others (FXAA and dynamic lighting are two very big framerate killers you should disable); having the sliders to the far right in FSX is probably equivalent towards the middle of the sliders in P3Dv4.

Here are the settings I use, my system is a bit faster than yours so you won't be able to run as high as me. But don't worry, my sim still looks pretty! https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30739392_10160615911835122_5580108243532775424_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeG2qFirDONJVgQs7Kdy9IWIbDhpmsLRpyJPQm4dHgDAoC9pOGTAgLWtrHtqR4J0ZbS4gMhB5jweiBbg0DImWMLLADocynacTVEa0-a3ri0OPQ&oh=506cf39f4cd5cd8f179facf1ed355d65&oe=5B67FBB2

I don't think your system is as slow/underpowered as everyone else in the thread is making out. However, nVidia cards work better with P3D than AMD (the RX480 performance is similar to the GTX970 so it's not outright slow) and P3D leans on the graphics card much more than FSX ever could . P3D still likes high processor clock speeds though. One thing you didn't mention is what resolution you're running P3D at and across how many screens; there's a significant difference between 1080p and 1440p. Also I believe the Aerosoft Airbus is quite taxing graphically.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Agree with the above responses!  The best tweak is a system like mine (specs in signature).  P3DV4.3 runs at 100 plus FPS with default scenery/aircraft/settings.  It even runs great with max settings (with default aircraft/scenery).  So P3D is already tweaked.  Then you add things not tweaked like scenery and aircraft (I call it eye-candy) and things start going downhill from there on.  Best you contact the addon developer as to why his/her addon does not allow P3D to perform very well and requires tweaking if you purchased it already.  Most developers provide their own recommended settings that work great on some systems but not on all.  And, remember, an addon was probably developed and tested for a certain version of P3D.  The addons made for P3DV3 or FSX may not work properly in P3DV4.  AVSIM and others provide reviews of products to let you know about issues with an addon but we do not have reviews for every product.  Before purchasing an addon or installing a freeware addon, I would recommend getting advice from others who have installed the addon or look in the support forum the developer has created. Most members have already stated how much they like an addon (or not) in these forums.  If others are having issues, beware and be cautious before purchasing!  Of course you can go ahead and buy the eye-candy and take a chance but you will probably have to lower your settings in the P3D.cfg and/or disable other addons to make it work properly for YOU. 

The fun thing about flight simulation is tweaking your system to make it work and perform well.  Everyone has been doing that since the beginning of flight simulation.  If I remove cloud reflections or shadows, I could have better performance for certain flights.  You can do a lot of it on the fly by clicking on the Options Menu within P3D like all of us here at AVSIM.  Even though I have a superfast and powerful computer system, I have to "tweak" my settings.  I want scenery to render immediately and let there be no blurries!  Not possible in most cases.  But I continue to tweak the settings to make it happen (or try to make it happen).  Then, once I have it tweaked for a flight say, from Los Angeles to San Francisco, I decide I want to try another flight, say, from London to Rome and the settings that worked great before no longer work for the new flight!  Okay, back to tweaking it again! 

Still, with a system like mine, overclocked to 5GHz, with overclocked memory modules, and a fairly good GPU like the GTX 1080TI (a GPU does not make for clear textures), you don't need to tweak as much as someone who has an i7 2600K with a GTX 780. 

Just remember, if everyone had a system like mine and were seeing crystal clear scenery with awesome performance, the developers will see this too and upgrade their aircraft and scenery accordingly to throw even more performance killing eye-candy at you.  And you will buy it as the scenery or aircraft simply look awesome.  Wow!  It has the ability to show people boarding my aircraft before takeoff?  Look at all of those vehicles servicing the aircraft!  The scenery uses DirectX14 technology?  That means I can see people on buildings and on beaches!  Floods.  Fires. Tornadoes. The engines catching on fire.  Car accidents on the ground.  Scenery looking better than Google Earth!  Got to have that!!  But first, I'm going to have to upgrade my computer to handle it all!  Oh my!  Have fun tweaking!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10