Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

ASP4 networked configuraton Windows 10 and Windows 7

Hi guys, as title says I have to confiigure my home network to work with ASP4 and P3D4. This is my actual configuration:

server: Windows 10 + P3D4

client: Windows 7 + ASP4 

a little clarification; before passing server to w10 I ran w7 on my server and connections between asp4 and p3d was perfect, no one problem following this superb guide:

http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/8/instructions-for-networked-configuration-with-simconnect

so i followed the same procedure for w10 with no luck; I can see from client all shared folder on server with no problem but I can't connect asp4 with p3d on server. I also installed XPAC/SP2 simconnect from p3d directory as sugegsted, but no chance.

i always get "waiting for simulator", no gree P3D connected.

i'm sure i followed all steps required and setup all simconnect files required.

any ideas or solution? 

The strange this is that i can connect to simulator from client via WideFS with no problem.....

thanks in advance

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I had a similar problem that drove me round the bend. Turns out it came down to IP resolution.

I could ping my games machine (rather unimaginatively called "Games") and I could connect to it from all other machines and see it in the Network and map drives from it all under the name "Games". When I tried to connect with simconnect it would connect first time then never again. I finally tracked it down to it not resolving Games as my Games but simconnect (and only simconnect) was trying to resolve something like Games.microsoft.com or some such lunacy.

My solution was to fix the IP address of my Games machine (from within my router) and in simconnect refer to it only by it's IP address.

I've yet to have a simconnect failure.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Thanks Ian for you reply but can't understand your procedure.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I think he is saying you should connect to the other machine via IP address such as "192.168.X.X" instead of using a name such as "GamePC".

Hi Riccardo,

Sorry I wasn't very clear, kowen is correct though, in your simconnect.cfg file (in your Documents folder) make sure the address is an IP address (i.e. numbers like 192.168.0.5) and not a name (RiccardosPC?).

I'm not suggesting this will definitely solve your problem but it did mine.

If it helps, my Simconnect.cfg looks like this :

[SimConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=192.168.0.5
Port=5005
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

Hope this helps,

Ian

That's what I have ever done, always. Also this time, but not working at all.

Riccardo

It's incredible, there is no way out.

I CAN ping both pc (server and client) w/o loosing data, connection OK

I CAN connect via WideFS, connection OK

but I can't connect via simconnect, I've installed all simconnect version on the client PC

I think it's a w10 related problem, with w7 it worked perfectly.

Any ideas?

Edited by riccardo74

Riccardo

Guys you don't believe your eyes, but problem solved!

I copy from C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\SimConnectFiles the SimConnect.xml file as is and modified with myserverip.

Before this I created via notepad and .xml file, but maybe the format saved (I rename from .txt to .xml) didn't was recognize.

Now works!

If admins want mark this topic as solved...

Many thanks to all.

Riccardo