Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Which AS16 settings for our PMDG Aircraft

Hello! 

I would like to know which Active Sky 2016 settings/ values are the best for my PMDG T7. I think that the default turbulence values are way too high for example. I´m looking for the most realistic settings. 

Try moving the turbulence and effects sliders to 20-25%.  Be sure that Enhanced TS Effects is unchecked.  If checked, this overrides the settings and uses 100%.

Dan Downs KCRP

17 minutes ago, downscc said:

Try moving the turbulence and effects sliders to 20-25%.  Be sure that Enhanced TS Effects is unchecked.  If checked, this overrides the settings and uses 100%.

Ok i'll try this.  I encountered some bad downdrafts during my last landing with the T7. It felt very unrealistic.  can you post your as settings?  

Make sure you also hit the realism icon.

Many simmers will check the live weather mode and forget or don't know the realism box.

It solved a lot of realism problems for me while i was looking and adjusting for realism all the time and was wondering how others got the effects i was looking for 🤣

Marcel van der biezen

I like to limit my Max ground visibility to 30 and upper level to 70 with Max cloud draw at 90. That way you don't see cloud popping and the earth doesn't look like it doesn't have an atmosphere. I read a pilot (Mike Ray) say that's more realistic.

Vic green

2 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

I like to limit my Max ground visibility to 30 and upper level to 70 with Max cloud draw at 90. That way you don't see cloud popping and the earth doesn't look like it doesn't have an atmosphere. I read a pilot (Mike Ray) say that's more realistic.

I don't disagree, but these settings do not apply in all situations.  For example, the difference between flying in locations with and without humidity can make a difference of an order of magnitude in visibility.  The aircraft I flew was not rated about FL240 but I could easily see CB towers in So Texas from North of Houston, a distance of at least 200 nm.  On one hand I agree that adding some haze and decreasing visibility does look better, it doesn't work in all cases.  The visual effects in the simulator are still only a cartoon compared to what it really looks like, it really is breathtaking up there.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oranjeman,

What exactly do you mean with don't forget Realism?

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

There is a little box you can push and it says realism......here you will find your cockpit a bit more reacting to the weather your flying in. You can tweak wat you want.......you also want to activate it and Use it to it's full glory....

Your aircraft will come more alive

Marcel van der biezen

There is a little box you can push and it says realism …. In the P3D menu or As16 menu?

And last but not least...are all the aforementioned settings for P3D or AS16?

Thanks 

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

5 hours ago, karmelk said:

There is a little box you can push and it says realism …. In the P3D menu or As16 menu?

Its in the Active Sky options/settings section. The tab towards the top should say realism mode or something along those lines, just click it and select the mode you would prefer, restart Active Sky and that setting will be enabled.