Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

Aerosoft Airbus P3Dv4 problems

There are a few of us having terrible problems with the new Aerosoft A318/A319: specifically with the autopilot.

Basically, after a while, the aircraft just goes beserk and totally (un-recoverably) "loses the plot". In the A/S forums, there's lots of finger pointing and theories. One of the commonly quoted culprits is EzDok.

I'm wondering whether Chaseplane may be having an adverse effect. The problem is, I have my Chaseplane set up in such a way with FSUIPC (which A/S also hates) and P3D controls that it's not that easy to simply turn off Chaseplane to test.

My feeling is that it's nothing to do with Chaseplane: that it's more likely to be badly optimised code - or even badly scripted VC sound effects (my Airbus is fine after climbing out of a densely busy airport but then loses it at 24k with no scenery or AI in sight when a cabin announcement kicks in).

Occasionally, I see Chaseplane updating itself when a new aircraft is added, so it appears that add-on specific changes are sometimes made. It all flashed by pretty quickly, but I think the Airbus triggered a CP update of some kind.

My question (finally!!!) is: are there any known issues with Chaseplane and the Aerosoft Airbus - or are there any CP functions that we could isolate that may be causing problems?

I have no issues with any other aircraft add-on - including all the usual "complex" ones.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

We have heard of a few issues with the AS A318/A319 but it's unclear what causes them.

ChasePlane does not have aircraft-specific code nor does it affect the flight dynamics. The only thing we have is a notice for the MJC Q400 to let users know that some effects aren't working right. All the changes we make are listed in the Change Log.

CP uses standard SDK features to change view angles so I don't think CP is the cause of that.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks, Keven! I think something is messing with the timing functions with the Airbus - or the injection of new data (weather, scenery or sound fx) which may cause disk access/loading and consequence stutter interrupts the flow somehow.

I've never thought that CP could be the culprit - unless the dynamic/turbulence related functions may just be part of the total overload at certain times: not the cause as such, but just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I'm also a little suspicious - as my problems often occur in a steady cruise with very little going on - certainly with respect to camera or viewpoint movements.

Adam.

Ezdok is known to cause problems with some aircraft because it injects physics in to the sim for head movement. Does Chaseplane do similar? Also the AS Pro requires at least 18 fps for stable fly-by-wire, if your FPS goes below that the aircraft may well go berserk.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

10 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Ezdok is known to cause problems with some aircraft because it injects physics in to the sim for head movement. Does Chaseplane do similar? Also the AS Pro requires at least 18 fps for stable fly-by-wire, if your FPS goes below that the aircraft may well go berserk. 

Ezdok doesn't interfere with SIM physics. Although the Ezdok can affect the fuselage shaking, but by default never does it in the air. I have already fly many hours with AS A319 (when disabled in Ezdok - Fuselage shakes and Engine vibration) and did not notice any problems with the autopilot. FPS in VC is very stable and high.

• Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

5 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Ezdok is known to cause problems with some aircraft because it injects physics in to the sim for head movement. Does Chaseplane do similar?

ChasePlane does not interfere with the flight physics or “affect the fuselage shaking” if for you they are different things

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Just bought the new Airbus package and having exact same problems as you are Adam ... with the autopilot. Taking off everything fine then soon as i pop the autopilot on its ok for a short while then just goes haywire and i can't control the aircraft, at my wits end with this, don't know what to do. And no i'm not running ezdok i'm running CP. So if anyone has any ideas how to fix this please let us know.

Cheers

There are a few threads here on Avsim about this:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/137842-airbus-goes-nuts/
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/137687-high-climb-rate-and-stall/

The impression I get is that any injection of data (like a weather update) upsets the autopilot code timing and it loses the plot - never to recover. My current theory is that it's somehow SimConnect related. The Aerosoft team are struggling to to replicate the problem and one of the things they're suggesting is a completely fresh P3Dv4.3 install - not an update of an update. This is is why I'm wondering whether remnants of older versions of SimConnect are somehow kicking in.

Whatever the reason - the Aerosoft Airbus is the only aircraft of all the "complex" aircraft that I run to give me problems.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

I hear you Adam, its the only aircraft in my hangar to give me problems as well, you could be right about simconnect though, but its doing this to me every flight i try, so aggravating, i really dont want to do a re-instal of the sim just for 1 plane, but sounds like might have to if the boys at Aerosoft cant find out the problem/s.