Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

P3d V4.3 seems a little messy

To this point, I have only did a Client install but I seem to be having more than normal problems with 4.3. I have a lot of studders on the ground. P3d is crashing everytime that I shut it down. Screen freezes after using for a while. I can not put my finger on it but I don't think that this version is playing well with ChasePlane or AS beta. I am holding off on reinstall til all the Dev's get things sorted out but In my case I have not had this poor of a running system since FSX days.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I know this isn't particularly helpful but it's running fine here, I went straight from 4.1 to 4.3 but I don't really run any utility addons aside from FSXWX. Did you uninstalled the old client before installing the new one, and also did you update your ASP4 and ChasePlane to the v4.3 compatible versions?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Too bad and frustrating not being able to pinpoint the cause. Overhere 4.3 is running like a dream.

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Hi @Rimshot,

have updated from a clean 4.2 to 4.3 client only. Have all the AddOn's from my signature running. Never had a crash (had ASPv4 in Beta3 and have the current Beta4; dropped CP for EZCA again due to bad performance).

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Hi!

I only updated the client from 4.1 to 4.3. I have many hours in the sky with P3D4.3. In my case, everything works very well. But I do not fly very long flights, a maximum of 2-3 hours. I had strong stutters once but I noticed that my CPU overclocking suddenly went off. I loaded the BIOS and slightly raised the voltage on the CPU, then overclocking back and again everything was very good. I think the high ambient temperature might have had an impact. Once again, I want to note that I have no problems with blurring textures or stuttering. Prepare3D 4.3 is much more stable and faster than other versions for me.

Edited by Nickbe

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Thanks for the replies. Yep sounds like I need to reinstall everything and also redo overclocking although it has been stable for a long time now. I only fly GA and reasonable settings for autogen ect. My system is not great but should do much better.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

4.3 runs very well for me too.

I will say that anytime P3D v4 has been misbehaving, deleting the Prepar3D.cfg has pretty much always fixed the problem, and returned P3Dv4 into a smooth experience. Try that first before you go on the long haul of reinstalling the whole thing!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

18 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

4.3 runs very well for me too.

I will say that anytime P3D v4 has been misbehaving, deleting the Prepar3D.cfg has pretty much always fixed the problem, and returned P3Dv4 into a smooth experience. Try that first before you go on the long haul of reinstalling the whole thing!

I've read this several times. Do I understand that you have a bog standard config and it turns in a 'smooth experience'. Then P3D misbehaves and you replace the cfg with another bog standard config and smoothness returns. Is that about it? Or do you mess with the config which eventually causes misbehaviour, then delete the cfg which returns you to default settings?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

6 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I've read this several times. Do I understand that you have a bog standard config and it turns in a 'smooth experience'. Then P3D misbehaves and you replace the cfg with another bog standard config and smoothness returns. Is that about it? Or do you mess with the config which eventually causes misbehaviour, then delete the cfg which returns you to default settings?

I do not touch the Prepar3D.cfg at all - and as such I cna understand any skepticism on your part as to why this might work. Why would it, if I don't mess with it? My theory is that certain addons might do stuff it. Hell, maybe even when Prepar3D itself edits the cfg when I change settings does sloppy edits here and there. After a while I'm guessing slight errors accumulate and make the sim run worse than it actually should.

Of course I have no numbers to back anything up, and it may very well be a placebo effect. After all, I've only ever had a CTD with P3Dv4 once, and this was caused a bottleneck in the autogen displayed over FTX NL. But, it's such a simple thing to do - deleting the Prepar3D.cfg - that you may as well try it. If it doesn't fix anything, it'll certainly not break anything.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Simple to check - make a copy of a fresh cfg file and save it. go fly - when you are at the point where you feel you need to start with a new fresh cfg file - save the current one.  Use a free program like winmerge to compare current vs saved original and see what's changed. That might give you a clue.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Don’t forget to delete the shaders folder aswell, and let that rebuild! 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

14 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Simple to check - make a copy of a fresh cfg file and save it. go fly - when you are at the point where you feel you need to start with a new fresh cfg file - save the current one.  Use a free program like winmerge to compare current vs saved original and see what's changed. That might give you a clue.

Vic

I deleted the .cfg and did a short flight. It did indeed make things better. Much smoother and no crash on shutdown. I had just made a copy of the new clean .cfg and I am going to keep copies as I add higher settings and try the weather From AS. I don't mess with any tweak and so we shall see what happens. 

Sam

Windows 10 updates of late seem to be messing things up for several programs. I did a system refresh and reinstalled everything a few weeks back. Anything that did get messed up by a major windows update was all cleared up.

Nvidia drivers of late are also messing things up for many. Used to be that we could (and would want to) just dive in, with no concern, when new (or even beta) drivers were released.

Flight simulation needs to get back on top of the technology curve, the way I see it.

29 minutes ago, pracines said:

Windows 10 updates of late seem to be messing things up for several programs. I did a system refresh and reinstalled everything a few weeks back. Anything that did get messed up by a major windows update was all cleared up.

Nvidia drivers of late are also messing things up for many. Used to be that we could (and would want to) just dive in, with no concern, when new (or even beta) drivers were released.

Flight simulation needs to get back on top of the technology curve, the way I see it.

I agree. There are so many version of flight sim all going in different directions. The Dev's are trying to be all things to all sims and that has got to inject a few bugs here and there and as you said...Windows updates are a mess and the Nvida drivers seem to be getting a bit goofy. It is nice to have choices but as I have said before...we may have to much of a good thing right now. LOL

Sam

2 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I deleted the .cfg and did a short flight. It did indeed make things better. Much smoother and no crash on shutdown. I had just made a copy of the new clean .cfg and I am going to keep copies as I add higher settings and try the weather From AS. I don't mess with any tweak and so we shall see what happens. 

Glad it worked for you. Deleting the cfg is always my number 1 trouble shooting step.

vgbaron: that's a good suggestion. I might do that next time to get a sense of what changed (though hoping it won't be necessary!).

Benjamin van Soldt