Sign in to follow this  
Eugenio Lo Cicero

PROATC 737FMC PMDG

Hello 

i have an annoyng problem; some flightplans are not present in the 737 fmc even though the folder where they should be exported is correct

the strange thing is that I have this problem only with some flight plans
when the simulation starts I can ask for the clearance I can communicate with the flight control 

after the request clearence i can not find the flight plan in the FMC so i have to quit the simulation because i dont have the route 

someone has encountered this problem?

thanks

53 minutes ago, Eugenio Lo Cicero said:

the strange thing is that I have this problem only with some flight plans

Likely an issue with whatever you're using to export your flightplans.

Make sure to export them in PMDG format, and if needed, an additional format for whatever other tools you're using (ProATC).

Kyle Rodgers

hello thanks for answer me

the format its ".rte" but i cant understand why sometimes he recognize the flightplan on the fmc and sometimes i cant see it 

i ever use pro atc for flightplans so for this its strange for example if i make:

LIRF/LIML

I can see the flighplan (maded by pro atc) on the pmdg fmc after asking for clearence

if i make 

FOOL/HECA 

No flightplan on fmc

if i use Areosoft Aircraft its all ok for all flightplans i have this problem only whit pmdg sometimes

Edited by Eugenio Lo Cicero

6 minutes ago, Eugenio Lo Cicero said:

i ever use pro atc for flightplans so for this its strange for example if i make:

It's probably due to how ProATC is formatting the flight plans. ProATC is for ATC. It's not built to be a flight plan tool. Use something like SimBrief, and have it export in PMDG and ProATC formats. Better flight plans, better results.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

19 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

It's probably due to how ProATC is formatting the flight plans. ProATC is for ATC. It's not built to be a flight plan tool. Use something like SimBrief, and have it export in PMDG and ProATC formats. Better flight plans, better results.

ok thanks i will try it 

you should recomended a good ATC add on? 

just because proatc was for make "flighplans" and for ATC

Just now, srcooke said:

Post the issue on the ProATC support forum where your problem may be addressed.

yes thanks i have all ready send an email to proatc support

Hy Kyle. 

Proatcx does a good job of importing flight plans in to pmdg planes. Use it all the time with no problems.

As for the ops question putting the plan as 

Fool/heck is not the right way it should be foolheck no slash.

And if that does not help you need to ask in proatc forum as this is not a pmdg problem. 

Regards ted kiser 

Ps you need to ask in there forums sending email will not help

Edited by frieone
Bad spelling

1 hour ago, Eugenio Lo Cicero said:

you should recomended a good ATC add on? 

just because proatc was for make "flighplans" and for ATC

I'm assuming ProATC was made to give you ATC, and because the default flight plan function in the sim doesn't include support for SID/STAR, it includes a tool to work around that. It isn't really a flight planning tool, itself.

I don't use ATC add-ons. There's a reason ATC is still provided by humans in the real world: computers are awful at it.

1 hour ago, frieone said:

Proatcx does a good job of importing flight plans in to pmdg planes. Us it all the time with no problems.

Great. Then I'd ask that you two discuss further, since you both use the tool, and ProATC isn't a tool I use, or am familiar with.

Either way, this isn't a PMDG issue. The format is out there, and is known. If some tool is not properly formatting a plan, and is causing it to not show up/load, then that's something to discuss with that dev to sort out (either fixing their code, or helping you understand their process/requirements/etc).

I'm simply trying to get people to a point where things will work for sure: export a flight plan from a known/proven source for both ProATC and PMDG.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi guys!

As Kyle suggested, use Simbrief( very professional like) with the Simbrief downloader available you can import your flightplan at the exact format for your differents addons(PMDG, QW, CaptainSim, Aerosoft etc...)then if you use ProATC as I do, edit fligtplan with the route of Simbrief (without SID ans STARS) and that's it! Works super fine for my 777✌️

Best regards

Pat

Edited by Pat Mussotte

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I use Pro Atc and PMDG all the time and have no issue, just go to the options tab and ensure the PMDG flightplans are being directed tot he right folder in P3D.

Alternatively I copy and paste the plan into simbrief and then download the plan from there

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

As noted above, you should use the ProATC forum for requests like this.

Also, in addition to using the "/" symbol, I have no idea how you think you are exporting a PMDG route.  The Export options are FSX (xml), FSX/FS9 (txt), ICAO, Squawkbox and FSINN.  

ProATC does SAVE PMDG slight situations including the flightplan in the FMC once the flight is started to protect against crashes etc but it does not EXPORT them in advance.

Edited by ailchim

ngxu_banner.png

5 hours ago, ailchim said:

As noted above, you should use the ProATC forum for requests like this.

Also, in addition to using the "/" symbol, I have no idea how you think you are exporting a PMDG route.  The Export options are FSX (xml), FSX/FS9 (txt), ICAO, Squawkbox and FSINN.  

ProATC does SAVE PMDG slight situations including the flightplan in the FMC once the flight is started to protect against crashes etc but it does not EXPORT them in advance.

you are right in fact when I go only to load the flight in the folder of flight plans I do not see it but once started appears and then disappear once the simulation is closed

in any case I made a flight loading the flight plan by siembrief after I tried again the same flight with proatc and this time my flight was imported correctly

anyway I was already registered on siembrief I used it before proatc and I agree that it is definitely better even having the subscription navigraph with the updated AIRAC

maybe after trying with siembrief proatc has recognized again the correct destination folder where to export the flight plans for pmdg 737

i have to say thanks to all, I'm really happy to have joined in this forum full of competent and helpful people 😄

Edited by Eugenio Lo Cicero

Pro ATC Flight Plans are not very good. Use Simbrief as others have suggested. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Or try this free resource which will find and export flightplans in many formats.  It also outputs a text string which can be imported into ProATC. 

http://onlineflightplanner.org/

It's not perfect in that sometimes it doesn't tie up with current SIDS and STARS but I'd say it works 90% of the time.

ngxu_banner.png

Hi,

I experience a similar problem. After the latest 737 update (1.20.8869) I'm unable to import any flightplan that has been generated by ProATC/X. I've been using ProATC/X for many years without any problem and since this issue showed up with the latest PMDG update I suppose it's caused by it.
Changing the flight planner is not en option if I want to use ATC provided by ProATC/X.

If there is no quick way to fix it, how can I downgrade the 737 to the previous version which worked absolutely fine for me?

Regards,

Klaus Wiegel