Sign in to follow this  
Eugenio Lo Cicero

PROATC 737FMC PMDG

13 hours ago, skogstroll said:

Hi,

I experience a similar problem. After the latest 737 update (1.20.8869) I'm unable to import any flightplan that has been generated by ProATC/X. I've been using ProATC/X for many years without any problem and since this issue showed up with the latest PMDG update I suppose it's caused by it.
Changing the flight planner is not en option if I want to use ATC provided by ProATC/X.

If there is no quick way to fix it, how can I downgrade the 737 to the previous version which worked absolutely fine for me?

Regards,

Klaus Wiegel

As was already stated, use Simbrief to make your flight plan, then the simbrief downloader will install it directly in to the NGX FMC. Removing any sid or star from the generated Simbrief plan, you can then copy and paste it into Pro ATC X. Pro ATC is not a good flight plan generator. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It is true that PATC plans are not so good. That's why I always edited them (with data data from simbrief or related). What I really miss now, is the very easy procedure to load the route after PATC flight clearance.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I'm having a similar issue with PATC and PMDG  since the NGX update. I always use routes from FlightAware and inport them into PFPX and PATC. After calling clearance the flight plan is imported into the correct location, but the FMC will not open it or even register it. It's there, I can see it. KSLCKDEN, but it doesn't open it. It's obviously an issue with PATC because I can open my plans made in PFPX.

I've posted this on the PATC forum also.

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

Hello,

I don't use any flightplanning tool except the Routefinder. At the end I'm always typing the route manually into the FMC. After that I'm saving my flight so that I can use it the next time. But at this point I also got the error message (something like... starting airport in .rte cannot be found). I've tried it with old saved routes and even with new created ones. The result is always the same. This is happening after the last update of the ngx.

Regards,

André Heilscher

Sorry guys, but the point is not to find out which route planning tool is the best. The point is that that there is a lot of ProATC users out there that want to continue using it (yes, it's convenient!) and who can't do this anymore since the import simply stopped working with the latest 737 update. (By the way - even the 777 has been updated and the import still works fine.) The only solution seems to be a rollback and when browsing this forum I get the impression that there are lots of users who plan to do just that.

So far all the updates that I installed have been improvements (some pretty significant!) but just the latest one might not have been the best one ever.

Regards,

Klaus

50 minutes ago, skogstroll said:

So far all the updates that I installed have been improvements (some pretty significant!) but just the latest one might not have been the best one ever.

Have you tried on the latest update (that went out a day or two ago)?

Kyle Rodgers

Installed the latest PMDG updates for the NGX, version 1.20.8885. All seems alright with the world once again.

Thank you all.

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

On 8/1/2018 at 6:44 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Have you tried on the latest update (that went out a day or two ago)?

Now I have. And it works again! Great, thank you guys!

Regards,

Klaus