Sign in to follow this  
sisoffi

P3D professional multichannel Issue

Hi everyone,

I'm trying for some time to be able to set up a multichannel system for my cockpit, but I'm encountering several problems due to the unflyable stuttering of the client's visual.

My system consists of an I7 6700k server with R9 390 board, and two I7 7700k clients with RX580 8gb, win10 and professional plus 4.3 mounted on systems.

I followed to the letters the learning center and the various guides also for the views in the various sites, but the problem of stuttering in the clients remains.

The individually tested systems are perfectly stable at 30fps in 30hz fsmooth for the clients while in the server we have most of 500fps in minimal settings.

Is there anyone who can bring me a positive experience? Something escapes me specifically, my doubts are:

1. in the learning center there is talk of 30hz. in my case I have the client with a 49 "tv in 4k set to 30hz and 30fps stable in vsync, while the client has for the moment a 60hz monitor.

2. there is also talk of cpu bound in my case I have the i7 6700k server side while the i7 7700k on customers both occurred at 4.6ghz with the 8gb GPU. Do the systems need to be equivalent or perhaps the server superior to the clients?

3. if the server should be used as a visual system view the vysnc 30 fps should be correct for all the PCs, but it is advisable in many posts to use an unlimited fps. thanks again for those who want to bring his experience and help me to understand if it is a system that can be used (I would go back to opus)

You better ask this in the LM Cliënt Pro forum , as there are more multi channel users and the LM support team..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

You are using viewgroups with different refresh rates in each machine.... that is your problem. Edit the refresh rate of all monitors to the same value. Also, keep in mind that one of the drawbacks in running viewgroups using client PCs is that your stutters will be screen-specific. I use viewgroups for 3 screens in 1 machine for thqat reason.

• Like 2

Thank you. 

In order to have best smooth on my clients i see that the goal is to have 30hz with 30fps in vysnc and TB on for my TV 49$ in 4K reolution. 
Unfortunatly the server will be MIP instruments running in monitor at 60hz. I understood that was a Hz problem with nosync with server and client for this reaso

so you suggest me to put the 60hz on TV running now at 30hz?

the host.cfg so will be change to "vsync = 60" ? probably i will lost smooth on client from 30 to 60 or is dependant to server?

thanks Simone

many

On 7/24/2018 at 8:24 PM, DAL213 said:

You are using viewgroups with different refresh rates in each machine.... that is your problem. Edit the refresh rate of all monitors to the same value. Also, keep in mind that one of the drawbacks in running viewgroups using client PCs is that your stutters will be screen-specific. I use viewgroups for 3 screens in 1 machine for thqat reason.

Hi Dal. done several test but no solutions. My 2 clients need to running at 30htz because 4k tv at 49" dont support 60hz. (need to downgrde to fullHd but the image come very bad)

the server have several monitors in 60htz, i tried also to interlaced to 30hz them but nothing, the stutters remain.

I dont understand why there is no guide or a valid explanation with a valid example on how to use multichannell trough more than one pc.

Is not reasonable spent thousand of dollars without have assistance. In p3d official forum nobody have knowledge about this and i dont think prepar develop one incomplete thing without knowledge. 

The only think report in learning center is to use genlock cards (nvidia quadro or ati pro?) but is this a goal?

many thanks

Hi Everyone,

im here again after a stop for a few time about my sim.

I started experimenting again and I resume the post that I left in order to take advantage of and someone has carried out tests with the multichannel.
For the moment I have found the quadrature to make it work put perfectly traffic and sync scenarios of the TV and system monitor between the PCs.

The only trouble at the moment is that if a client crashes the whole system crashes and often restart the client the latter no longer hangs up at the time of the client laoding:you have to restart everything!

Another very big problem is that if I inject a real weather with an external location that you know OpusFSI, Active sky or fsflightistruction or IVAP on the ground before departure, the weather is adjusted between all the PCs without problems. But, it happens that during the flight, at the next weather update, the clients crash as if something was wrong. Ovviametne crashing the client means end of the flight having to restart the system.

so in light of the facts I ask:
1 is there the possibility of making the PCs independent, that is, even if one crashes, is there a sure possibility of restarting it?
2 has someone found solutions for the weather?

thank you!