Sign in to follow this  
Bertels Michiel

ATC ADDON

Pilot2atc Pilot2atc Pilot2atc Pilot2atc Pilot2atc Pilot2atc , sorry eco here!!

• Like 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 hour ago, Bertels Michiel said:

Hey Simmers,

I am looking for an atc addon that uses speech recognition.
Does anybody know an addon for my needs?

Thanks,

VOXATC.

33 minutes ago, Bertels Michiel said:

Is not supported for the latest version of Windows 10.

I haven't used it in a month but it worked well before. 

Peter 

20 minutes ago, Bertels Michiel said:

I am using VoxATC in the latest Windows release (April update) and I have no issues.

Answering OP’s question, two ATC addons that support speech natively are Pilot2ATC and VoxATC.  

One of the biggest drawbacks of VoxATC is lack of any support from the developer. After releasing the last update a year back, there has been no news or updates and support questions have gone unanswered. The only source of some support has been from few helpful folks here in AVSIM at the unofficial forum section. However, I wouldn’t say that there are deal breakers in VoxATC which will prevent you from using it. One of the biggest advantages which none of the other ATC addons have is its ability to control AI traffic as it spawns it’s own traffic using the BGLs. Also it has the ability to assign SID and STARs based on your flight plan and does a decent job of vectoring. It also has ability to highlight ground taxiways which is pretty good especially in unfamiliar airports. You can always use the copilot feature if the workload is high. The other thing I liked about VoxATC was that it integrated into the sim as a simple gauge. Do note that VoxATC can not integrate with UTlive today as it does not have a mechanism to read the schedules from UTlive. Developer was supposed to release a bridge but never happened till date. 

I don’t own Pilot2ATC; someone else might be able to pitch in. However one thing I do know is that the support from developer is very good and the software has been updated frequently with bugs addressed very quickly by the developer. One thing which was an issue for me at the time I was in the market for an ATC addon was that you had to run the Pilot2ATC window side by side and the resource utilisation was pretty high if you used it on the same sim machine (though not sure if that has changed now). It also is only AI aware I.e. the sim controls the AI.

The good thing is both the addons have demo versions. You can use VoxATC for 10 days and Pilot2ATC for 15 (? Not sure) days and evaluate their functionality and see what best suits your requirement. Both of them support SAPI voices for TTS so you can add more voices if you need. Also both of them support running on networked machines.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bertels Michiel said:

Hey Simmers,

I am looking for an atc addon that uses speech recognition.
Does anybody know an addon for my needs?

Thanks,

You can add PF3 in combination with Multi Crew Experience to your list of choices.

• Like 1

If there's a developer who's willing to work on the state of the art ATC solution for p3d, I'll be forever grateful, and while I swore up and down that I'd never pay for a pre-release again after the UTL fiasco, I'm willing to break that promise. 🙂

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

19 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

You can add PF3 in combination with Multi Crew Experience to your list of choices.

I don't care for voice activated, hate wearing headset all the time, but after trying every ATC solution there is, PF3 to me, is the most realistic of all of them. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Is there any chance that one day LM will improve default ATC ??

Artur 

Just now, Beardyman said:

Is there any chance that one day LM will improve default ATC ??

Two chances, slim and none. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Bertels Michiel said:

There is a statement to state effect on the website that sells the product, but I and many other VOXATC users can assure you that this is not true. It works fine with the most recent Win 10 update. If I had to speculate on what's happening, I believe that both that statement and the present lack of official technical support might be related to an unexpected high sales volume and may be an attempt at limiting the user base. Internal Workings, the developer of VOXATC is a UK-based corporation and if anyone wants to check its financial statements, they are freely available online to the public.

Previous versions of VOXATC were limited by both hardware capabilities and 32 bit sims. With a recent vintage CPU and GPU, combined with P3d4, VOXATC is the closest one can get  to realistic ATC. It's in fact, lured me back to P3d4 from XP11, as I prefer IFR flying with decent AI Traffic and ATC. And XP11 has WT 3.0 and Pilot2ATC which are both very good together. But they aren't VOXATC.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

There is a statement to state effect on the website that sells the product, but I and many other VOXATC users can assure you that this is not true. It works fine with the most recent Win 10 update. If I had to speculate on what's happening, I believe that both that statement and the present lack of official technical support might be related to an unexpected high sales volume and may be an attempt at limiting the user base. Internal Workings, the developer of VOXATC is a UK-based corporation and if anyone wants to check its financial statements, they are freely available online to the public.

Previous versions of VOXATC were limited by both hardware capabilities and 32 bit sims. With a recent vintage CPU and GPU, combined with P3d4, VOXATC is the closest one can get  to realistic ATC. It's in fact, lured me back to P3d4 from XP11, as I prefer IFR flying with decent AI Traffic and ATC. And XP11 has WT 3.0 and Pilot2ATC which are both very good together. But they aren't VOXATC.

I've owned VOX for a long time and I also own P2ATC. While VOX is good, the complete lack of developer communication and support moved me away from it. I use UTL for AI traffic and I far as I know the bridge for Ultimate Traffic is still unavailable.

NAX669.png

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Does MCE work together with PF3? If so I will buy both after a trial.

BTW: I have tried ATC2Pilot and I don't like it ... It's behaving strange at some point, spamming callouts...

Thanks,