Sign in to follow this  
Bertels Michiel

ATC ADDON

5 hours ago, fltent1184 said:

I am using VoxATC in the latest Windows release (April update) and I have no issues.

Answering OP’s question, two ATC addons that support speech natively are Pilot2ATC and VoxATC.  

One of the biggest drawbacks of VoxATC is lack of any support from the developer. After releasing the last update a year back, there has been no news or updates and support questions have gone unanswered. The only source of some support has been from few helpful folks here in AVSIM at the unofficial forum section. However, I wouldn’t say that there are deal breakers in VoxATC which will prevent you from using it. One of the biggest advantages which none of the other ATC addons have is its ability to control AI traffic as it spawns it’s own traffic using the BGLs. Also it has the ability to assign SID and STARs based on your flight plan and does a decent job of vectoring. It also has ability to highlight ground taxiways which is pretty good especially in unfamiliar airports. You can always use the copilot feature if the workload is high. The other thing I liked about VoxATC was that it integrated into the sim as a simple gauge. Do note that VoxATC can not integrate with UTlive today as it does not have a mechanism to read the schedules from UTlive. Developer was supposed to release a bridge but never happened till date. 

I don’t own Pilot2ATC; someone else might be able to pitch in. However one thing I do know is that the support from developer is very good and the software has been updated frequently with bugs addressed very quickly by the developer. One thing which was an issue for me at the time I was in the market for an ATC addon was that you had to run the Pilot2ATC window side by side and the resource utilisation was pretty high if you used it on the same sim machine (though not sure if that has changed now). It also is only AI aware I.e. the sim controls the AI.

The good thing is both the addons have demo versions. You can use VoxATC for 10 days and Pilot2ATC for 15 (? Not sure) days and evaluate their functionality and see what best suits your requirement. Both of them support SAPI voices for TTS so you can add more voices if you need. Also both of them support running on networked machines.

Agree 150% concerning Vox...you can add : VoxAtc is the only one which takes into account the relief (mountains) and fly a vectorized approach with it is a true happiness, very comfortable!

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 hour ago, Bertels Michiel said:

Does MCE work together with PF3? If so I will buy both after a trial.

BTW: I have tried ATC2Pilot and I don't like it ... It's behaving strange at some point, spamming callouts...

Thanks,

Yes. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

8 hours ago, Bertels Michiel said:

Hey Simmers,

I am looking for an atc addon that uses speech recognition.
Does anybody know an addon for my needs?

Thanks,

Try VoxAtc (very good) and PF3+MCE (different approach but very good also in its style)...then...choose!

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Used PF3 and MCE for several months. Too much manual configuration for SIDs STARs,some phraseology issues with ATC. Some things just required key presses,voice request ineffective.Whats the point of voice control if you have to mix it with key strokes. VOXATC looked promising with Navigraph updatable SIDS/STARS,but lack of bridge for UT Live was a deal killer. Pilot2Atc looks most promising: StarSid Navigraph,solid ATC phraseology,good support,full taxi instructions,great imbedded planning tool with full export abilities to Garmin addons,AS4,other AC addons..all the big ones. So far,so good.

8 hours ago, Bertels Michiel said:

Does MCE work together with PF3?

Yes. You can use MCE to talk to PF3-ATC yourself and you can tell the MCE-First Officer to talk to PF3-ATC.

11 hours ago, blueskybob said:

Used PF3 and MCE for several months. Too much manual configuration for SIDs STARs,some phraseology issues with ATC. Some things just required key presses,voice request ineffective.Whats the point of voice control if you have to mix it with key strokes. VOXATC looked promising with Navigraph updatable SIDS/STARS,but lack of bridge for UT Live was a deal killer. Pilot2Atc looks most promising: StarSid Navigraph,solid ATC phraseology,good support,full taxi instructions,great imbedded planning tool with full export abilities to Garmin addons,AS4,other AC addons..all the big ones. So far,so good.

I use Aivlasoft EFB for Sids and Stars with PF3. I had previously used two other  ATC programs that assigned a Sid and Star, and realized that not only was I not looking at charts at all because I was being spoon fed departure and approaches by the ATC program, so I was learning nothing, which  quickly got pretty boring. With EFB on either departure or approach, you can select either one, select the runway you are assigned, and it will show you each and every Sid and Star, and exactly what it would look like to fly each of them and where the connect to your flight plan and runway. It even shows you the direction, so if you are taking off from a runway, and flying east, it shows you which Sids will get you heading eeast to your flight plan first waypoint.  You pick the best one, and one click , it inserts it into the flight plan. PF3 gives you the freedom to fly the sid or star, and lets you fly it with without the ATC program telling you every heading and altitude change, ATC telling you step by step how to fly a procedure, is not realistic at all.  

As far as Pilot2ATC, better  have a few hundred dollars to buy some voices so you are not listening to the same controller all the time. At around $45-50 per voice, to get the 140 voices that I have in PF3, I'd have to sell my car...😉

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I personally like them all.....Voxatc is the best but lacks support but as a side note..the developer of Pilot2Atc is THE BEST for support....I don't know if we will ever see any more development of Voxatc...I took a chance and bought the latest....but I think Tegwyn is in his mid to late 60's (not sure) and maybe just overwhelmed..maybe health issues but he should get on with it...quite selling it or let someone pick up the pieces..It's just a phenomenal program.

My two cents,

BobM.

Bob M

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I use Aivlasoft EFB for Sids and Stars with PF3. I had previously used two other  ATC programs that assigned a Sid and Star, and realized that not only was I not looking at charts at all because I was being spoon fed departure and approaches by the ATC program, so I was learning nothing, which  quickly got pretty boring.

Hear, hear...Exactly, and well put.

Same here, and I was trying to convey the same some ATC discussions back. 

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

12 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Agree 150% concerning Vox...you can add : VoxAtc is the only one which takes into account the relief (mountains) and fly a vectorized approach with it is a true happiness, very comfortable!

Regards,

Not true.Voxatc is not the only one. Pilot2atc does that as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

I personally like them all.....

I think this summarizes the state of ATC add-ons best for both P3d4 and XP11.  You really can't go wrong with any of them, especially when you compare them to the stock ATCs. Even the ancient RC4 puts the default P3d4 ATC to shame.

The only bad news here is that the breadth and quality of the ATC add-ons has given both LM and LR a good reason not to improve ATC. One final thought. If one doesn't mind flying only certain routes, VATSIM and it's human controllers is also a good option.

27 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

One final thought. If one doesn't mind flying only certain routes, VATSIM and it's human controllers is also a good option.

If you don't mind starting or ending or both, your flight, on Uncomm. 

Edited by Bobsk8

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I think this summarizes the state of ATC add-ons best for both P3d4 and XP11.  You really can't go wrong with any of them, especially when you compare them to the stock ATCs. Even the ancient RC4 puts the default P3d4 ATC to shame.

When you consider phraseology and procedures yes, but when it comes to the 'cosmetic' aspect of these addons, default ATC is still king, in my opinion: the voices. Personally I'm not that well aware of the realism in the phraseology, but I'll hear it when a voice sounds like a robot and when ATC does a terrible job of vectoring AI. For that reason, VoxATC was definitely the most intriguing option. However I'm sad to hear that support is lacking and that a bridge with UTLive was never made, as the cash and time (!) invested in UTL has already been quite significant on my part. I'd hate to have to abandon it for another addon...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Voxatc hands down is the best.. Miracles still happen tho. 🙂

Bob M.

Bob M

15 hours ago, Bertels Michiel said:

Does MCE work together with PF3? If so I will buy both after a trial.

BTW: I have tried ATC2Pilot and I don't like it ... It's behaving strange at some point, spamming callouts...

Thanks,

YES, you won't regret it

Edited by starter

John Cramer

1 hour ago, unc1rlm said:

Voxatc hands down is the best.. Miracles still happen tho. 🙂

Bob M.

I tried Vox atc too. I couldn't get past the sound of the voices, and the way the program manipulates them.It sounds like little snippets of each  word, glued together, but the sections are sometimes not played to the very end of the sound, which produces a very "choppy" sound. I get the sensation that I am flying in a helicopter, with a very out of balance main rotor blade causing a very "shaky" audio sound. You can hear what I am talking about by playing a couple of these sound samples that they recommend. http://voxatc.com/Voice.aspx/VoxPop

Edited by Bobsk8