Sign in to follow this  

South Florida DLC will be released Wednesday July 25th!

Do you have it? Can you recommend it?

16 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Do you have it? Can you recommend it?

Yes, I have it. Do I recommend it, well... the best thing I can say is: Steam has a great refund policy so try it for yourself and decide if it is a keeper or not within two hours of use. 😉 I myself decided to keep it because you can do a nice looking flight over it in the Q400: it's something totally different again with all those colorful waters. The price is that of a regular airport addon so not too bad. Flying over it very low and slow with the C172 or something similar makes some flaws apparent (lack of vegetation in some places, very flat photoreal here and there, 'autogen' not always placed precisely) but well, that goes for more scenery addons. But since AFS2 doesn't have that many scenery to fly over this one is a welcome addition.

In short: I can recomment it but also because I know Steam has a good refund policy. In the end I don't know what's important to you with scenery like this! 😉

hmm ok, thank you! I guess i will wait for more (user) reviews.

Edited by jt8d9a

I forget what it cost, exactly, but it has surprising depth for the money!
Within the present confines of the sim, it will give you a real sense of the place.
Which is to say: it looks gorgeous.

Miami has a large fully detailed airport, and the city is modeled to a degree I haven't seen in a sim.

jHuuqLf.jpg

Other airports are included, and you can fly the length of the Keys in photoreal.  

R9ClHEq.png

I've never been there so cannot vouch for every shrub and alligator, but at 3000 ft I could not find much to complain about.

Most important for me, it opened a part of the world that I had no previous knowledge of, in a very convincing way.

Edited by WingZ
  • Like 1