Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

four XP11.25 shots

I've been working on a new sky and sunset that anyone with XP11 can use. 

Heres four pics:

nuyp4XG.jpg

MloBYJp.jpg

mUuTmJG.jpg

Ov2mmtW.jpg

My sunset approach does away with all those annoying lines at the post sunset.  It replaces them with much less offensive lines :-)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Wow! You've seem to have found a very realistic blue midday shade that seems frustratingly uncommon in sky addons- most seem either too dull, grey, or dark or too bright and neon. Can't wait to see this released. 

Also, I'd love to see more sunset shots, or maybe even a video going through the whole day/night cycle. 

• Like 1

Looking very nice!  Would also like to see more sunset shots.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Stunning Colors!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Another talented and generous XP community member. 'Reality shots' I call them. Thank you and I do look forward trying out your creations.

This is (in my opinion) the most realistic sky I have yet seen in X-Plane.  Thanks for the screenies.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Looks stunning mate!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Thank you all very much.  I've just uploaded two sunsets and both have the same daytime and presun periods.  these shots are from the 'sunset 1' which is a light yellow with a pink postsun inspired by the default sky which is really pretty good except for the lines caused by the sunglow halos.

I hope you enjoy my work.  i'll be back tomorrow. its suppertime here and I haven't even eaten lunch :)

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

On 7/25/2018 at 2:15 PM, sightseer said:

Thank you all very much.  I've just uploaded two sunsets and both have the same daytime and presun periods.  these shots are from the 'sunset 1' which is a light yellow with a pink postsun inspired by the default sky which is really pretty good except for the lines caused by the sunglow halos.

I hope you enjoy my work.  i'll be back tomorrow. its suppertime here and I haven't even eaten lunch 🙂

Where did you upload? I can't seem to find the files on the library here. 

13 hours ago, hmn434 said:

Where did you upload? I can't seem to find the files on the library here. 

Hi -  its actually much simpler than that.  I started two threads here in the screenshots forum.  one is titled 'sunset 1 for XP11.25 that anyone can use' (the other is called ;sunset 2 ...)  in those threads, along with a few screenshots, are the mount.pngs that I created.  just copy it directly and save it on your machine.  That should work I think.

EDIT:  I just copied and saved the image and it does work but Ive noticed that when I save it and open it in my photoeditor, it appears 'unmerged' with the background.  it still appears to work though.

and also - the sunsets were designed with no clouds and 96 mile visibility.  they look best that way.  I did do cloud lighting work and daytime is good any way you want it (just remember to use the developer menu to select the mount texture only) but the sunsets are really best with no clouds and max vis.

EDIT2: also - don't forget to use the orbit sunglow to see the sunset.  its the only way I could think of to allow those who cant edit sunglow files to use my work if they so choose.  You wont have any suns halos but its the price to pay.

EDIT3: there is an Xplane environmental lighting bug that is more noticeable the way I do sunsets.  you can minimize the issue by flying slowly and mostly north and south.  It seems to happen when crossing certain longitude lines.  Ive told LR about it and I hope they fix it one day.  If you see a sudden shift in brightness or saturation, that's what is happening.  you can always just reset the clock five minutes earlier if it happens right at the end of the day.  there is no other solution that I know of.  perhaps XVison solves that?  or maybe some payware product?

Edited by sightseer
  • Like 1