Sign in to follow this  
KL Oo

Intel i9 9900k to hit 5GHZ - Do you have one Rob?!

3 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

With no delid? thats impressive, i cant get those temps above 4.7, even on summer i have to get down a bit to 4.5 or 4.6, you have a better cooler however.

Excuse me for butting in, but have been considering a cooler as i am running 85-86c. Would the Corsair H150i fit into my case? Corsair 750? Or can someone tell me how to pick one that fits a case? I have looked on the internet and haven't found a source for sizing. Thanks, and excuse the interruption please.

26 minutes ago, lownslo said:

A number of different variables go into what is the "perfect match for flight sims", but the most important to me is the max single core clock speed.  Also, some folks actually do make use of HT, and as well some might find the extra 25% of L3 cache worth the extra cost (whatever that may be.. still something else we don't know yet).

Indeed this is looking to be a good time for us simmers... the i9/i7 CPU's and the 11 series nVidia GPU's should make for a strong combo!

Greg

Yeah, I get it Greg ... 🙂

I'll be interested in the 9700K ....curious if those two extra cores will be meaningful. I can tell ya, at cruising altitude (above orbx so and nor cal) all six of my cores are running at damn near 100%; however, on the ground and on a short final my cpu is half asleep.

9 minutes ago, lennie said:

Excuse me for butting in, but have been considering a cooler as i am running 85-86c. Would the Corsair H150i fit into my case? Corsair 750? Or can someone tell me how to pick one that fits a case? I have looked on the internet and haven't found a source for sizing. Thanks, and excuse the interruption please.

Hi Lenny.  I quick look at Corsair's site shows that the Corsair H150i is not compatible with a "stock" 750D.  The H150i is a 360mm cooler, which means it has 3x120mm fans attached to the radiator.  The only way I see it working for you is if you remove the optical drive cage to allow room for a 360mm arrangement at the top.  With some custom fiddling, i'm pretty sure you could make one fit, but can't be 100% sure.  Suggest you do some searching on YouTube to see if anyone has tried it.

Note:  The stock 750D has room for a Corsair H115 Pro (280mm) rad, in front or on top, or an H100i  (240mm) rad in either location.  If you have other questions, feel free to send me a message.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

31 minutes ago, lennie said:

I was looking at the 750d ...ended up with a 300d - I have an EATX mobo. 

You should have enough room without worrying about modification. The thing to be mindful is the rams slots.  The 150 has the tubes coming out on the side of the heat block -might run into ram sticks. ...I hear the 150 is not much better than h100 v2  which has the tubes on top of the block ,,,,something to consider..

Edit ....my post is in addition to what Doug said.

Edited by FunknNasty
what Doug said

33 minutes ago, lennie said:

can someone tell me how to pick one that fits a case?

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/  ... this walks you thru the process and then comes up with a recommendation. I've had very good success with 60mm thick radiators.

Cheers, Rob.

Just one more thought on this new hardware coming down the pipe:

At what point do we start worrying about getting data to the cpu? I have to tell ya, FPS is not an issue for me anymore. No. My concern now is getting data to the cpu now. I can run all day and night with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10, full dynamic lighting, shadows, ai -pretty much everything reasonably maxed out at 1440P and not have an FPS issue. My issue is getting untimely disk reads or writes that stall the sim using the above mentioned settings ...and yes, I think I understand it that LM does not officially support text 10, but I like it!!!. Man, sometimes I just wanna put P3D on a ram drive and be done with it..

Are SSD drives cutting it any more?  Maybe LM can allow us to cache more of the sim ...entire regions if possible.

Please!! No one ask LM for any new features and maybe....just maybe we can run Ver4.3 with this new Tech coming out for a few months. Perhalps we could get 3 months of peace and satisfaction.😜

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

37 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

No one ask LM for any new features and maybe....just maybe we can run Ver4.3 with this new Tech coming out for a few months

Too late for that I'm afraid, everyone (end users and 3rd party) have been pushing for PBR ... better lighting accuracy will always come at a performance cost but lets hope code optimization can recover some of the PBR performance cost.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: but who knows, maybe LM will provide an option to run the old HDR or new PBR ... but is that really an option?  I'd imagine all will select PBR and do the usual max all sliders out and toss in 100's add-ons and then start posting about P3D performance problems 😉 ... oh well, gives us all something to do in helping folks work the reality 🙂

2 hours ago, lennie said:

Lennie the H150i as a 396mm radiador and triple fans, you have to check if the case as that space on top or behind. Dont know if the Corsair 750 as, check in the specs.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

4 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

EDIT: Best price/performance most likely:

nVidia 1170Ti
Intel 9700K

Would the 9700K require a new motherboard? My present one is an Asus Pro Gaming Z170 (see sig) which I think some others are using, too.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

wake me up when some says "9700K hits 5.6ghz on air" snore!

22 minutes ago, pmb said:

Would the 9700K require a new motherboard?

The upcoming 9000 series CPU's will require a Z370 series motherboard with an updated BIOS (that the manufacturers are scrambling to get ready).

HTH,

Greg

26 minutes ago, pmb said:

Would the 9700K require a new motherboard? My present one is an Asus Pro Gaming Z170 (see sig) which I think some others are using, too.

Kind regards, Michael

New boards (390) are apparantly coming for the 9 series... however I've read the 9 series will also work with the 370

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

8 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

the i7 8700k can also hit 5GHZ, but needs to be delidded.

tsk tsk... You say these things, but you don't know what you are talking about. 😉
I'm at 5.1 on mine with lid in tact...

Edited by ZLA Steve

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

2 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

tsk tsk... You say these things, but you don't know what you are talking about.
I'm at 5.1 on mine with lid in tact...

Good for you! I already saw a lot of arrogant experts frying there CPU'S, not saying its your case of course!

• Like 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync