Sign in to follow this  
JusticeAA

SR22 v2.1 HSI/CDI Fix for SVS and Non-SVS

SR22 v2.1 HSI/CDI Fix for SVS and Non-SVS

This fix addresses the issues in this thread:

I have included to separate versions of this "fix" depending on whether SVS will be used or not. Both are for version 2.1 of the Carenado SR22 GTSX Turbo.  If you do not own or use the SVS, use the non-svs version.  The reason is that the SVS has a bug that cannot be fixed without halving the frame rate of the SVS.  

The installation method that I am using does not overwrite any files and can be easily undone if needed.  If you do not want to edit any files, rename the panel folder from panel.fix to just panel and replace the files in your install directory.

Installation:

1.  Copy the appropriate panel folder into your sr22 install folder (this may be different if you use the addon.xml method):

...Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado SR22_GTSX_Turbo\

2.  Edit your aircraft.cfg to activate the new panel.  Each livery has its own [flightsim.x] entry in the config.  Where it says panel= change the entry to panel=fix or panel=svs depending on which folder you copied.  You must do this for every livery that you wish to change.

example:

[fltsim.1]
    title=SR22T Cirrus N8872B
    sim=sr22t
    model=
    panel=fix
    sound=
    texture=1
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=N8872B
    ui_manufacturer="Carenado"
    ui_type=SR22 GTSx Turbo
    ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
    ui_createdby="Carenado"
    ui_variation=N8872B
    description=Carenado SR22 GTSx Turbo
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_airline=
    atc_flight_number=
    atc_id_color=0000000000
    visual_damage=1

Note:
The SVS version will continually show the "LOADING" message on the inset map on the PFD.  This is a known bug and the fix I found kills the SVS.  

Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FMj4kZCvnyaYpd5guq-OzYJZjkqgaSqs/view?usp=sharing

Images (GTN Version Coming Soon!):

https://imgur.com/a/tDWohDU

• Like 1

Does this also remove the "TERR" message on the pfd? 

Edit: Disregard, I just tried it I realize that issue is still there, maybe I'll just go ahead and get SVS now. But oh man, thank you so much for this, I feel like you just gave me a new airplane. I don't know how you did it but great, great work. 

Edited by jalbino59

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

The terrain error on the MFD is a result of not having the SVS data for the TAWS. 

The SVS is a great add-on, just be aware that you are going to sacrifice around 10fps running it. 

Thank you JusticeAA!  But we are forced to buy SVS to get rid of an error message??  Carenado should fix it.  They have pretty aircraft but lots of system bugs that they don't seem to care about.  This problem is not even in their knowledgebase.

On 7/25/2018 at 8:59 AM, JusticeAA said:

I have included to separate versions of this "fix" depending on whether SVS will be used or not. Both are for version 2.1 of the Carenado SR22 GTSX Turbo.  If you do not own or use the SVS, use the non-svs version.  The reason is that the SVS has a bug that cannot be fixed without halving the frame rate of the SVS.

Hello, do you think this fix for the SR22 could be adapted to work on other Carenado products that display the same behavior.  Is it just a matter of editing the panel.cfg.  I compared the original to the ones you provided and I think I noticed only one small change?

Thanks again, been really enjoying the SR since I began using your fix. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

On 10/7/2018 at 1:21 PM, jalbino59 said:

Hello, do you think this fix for the SR22 could be adapted to work on other Carenado products that display the same behavior.  Is it just a matter of editing the panel.cfg.  I compared the original to the ones you provided and I think I noticed only one small change?

Thanks again, been really enjoying the SR since I began using your fix. 

Sorry for the late reply.   Short answer is yes.  I fixed the Phenom by changing the PFD gauge from the VC gauge to the 2D gauge as well.  It has a few quirks, but definitely fixes the sync issues.

1 hour ago, JusticeAA said:

Sorry for the late reply

No problem, thats what I thought. Thanks

Jose A.

On 8/14/2018 at 5:14 AM, c172drvr said:

Thank you JusticeAA!  But we are forced to buy SVS to get rid of an error message??  Carenado should fix it.  They have pretty aircraft but lots of system bugs that they don't seem to care about.  This problem is not even in their knowledgebase.

I bought it and it still doesnt work. Carenado refused to help.

One easy solution I found is to make a change in the SR22's panel.cfg. Open your SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado SR22_GTSX\panel\panel.cfg with notepad. Scroll down to the [Vcockpit01] section, and change it to...

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_1

//gauge00=SR22_G1000!G1000_config,             0,    0,   1,  1
//gauge01=SR22_G1000!COMMON_UPDATE_G1000PFD,        0,  0,   1,  1
//gauge02=SR22_G1000!G1000_PFDSR22VC,            0,0, 512, 354
//gauge03=SR22!ToggleCARG1000,                          60,0,390,  25

gauge00=SR22_G1000!G1000_config,         0,0,  1,  1
gauge01=SR22_G1000!G1000_PFDSR22,            0,0,512,354
gauge02=SR22!ToggleCARG1000,                        60,0,390, 25
gauge04=Carenado_G1000_SVS\WebSimSVS!WebSimSVS,1,1,1,1,C_G1000.ini
gauge05=SR22_G1000!COMMON_UPDATE_G1000PFD,        0,  0,   1,  1

The course knob is still useless, but at least it will display the correct course when you create a flight plan or direct to using the GPS. I hope this has been helpful.

https://www.uscentralairlines.com/forum/support/carenado-sr22-gtsx-turbo-incorrect-hsi-cdi-fix

Hey guys,

Would someone be able to send me the panel fix for the SVS version? I've just upgraded to SVS and haven't retained the original download. The link above has been very useful over the past few months but has now stopped working.

Many thanks!

26 minutes ago, Kilo989 said:

Hey guys,

Would someone be able to send me the panel fix for the SVS version? I've just upgraded to SVS and haven't retained the original download. The link above has been very useful over the past few months but has now stopped working.

Many thanks!

Have found a fix now, thanks to all involved!