Sign in to follow this  
michael fiddes

Trouble installing FS2Crew PMDG 747X1.1

I recently  bought PMDG QOTSII for FSX.SE, and FS2Crew PMDG 747X1.1. All updates are installed, but I am having a problem with the FS2Crew Start Center setup, ' Set Panel Config File for FS2Crew 747, will not  recognize where my recently installed FS2Crew PMDG 747 edition files, in the FSX Folder are.

The error says " sorry unable to find this file: E:\STEAMFLIGHT\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400\panel\panel.cfg ,  Please make sure you have FS2Crew PMDG 747 Edition correctly installed in the FSX Folder."  It then repeats the same for the "panel.vc\panel.cfg ,

I have checked the registry and all is OK. Also, all my other aircraft, including PMDG NGX 737-800 with FS2Crew work fine.

I have noticed that the PMDG747-400 file in SImObjects only has a 'panel' file, and not a 'panel.vc' file, but this other version, PMDG747-400F file has the required files. I have tried reinstalling both programs, with out joy.  Can anyone assist with this problem??

Does that file exist?

E:\STEAMFLIGHT\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400\panel\panel.cfg

When you installed FS2Crew, did the installer auto detect the correct location of your FSX folder?

Cheers,

thanks for the reply Brian,

Yes the file does exist, only the 'panel' file with the .cfg and 6 other cfg. files like 3_x_16_9 etc. is within the PMDG 747-400.

Yes again for the correct location of the installer. I have checked the E:\ drive and it is in there under FS2Crew.

Cheers....mick

The only file it needs to touch is the "panel.cfg" file.

That's the one that gets loaded by the sim.

Run the "System Check" on the FS2Crew Config Manager.

Does it say there are any issues?

Also, assign the "N" key to the Autofeather Arm/Off assignment.  Does the FS2Crew Main Panel open.

If none of that helps, send me a support ticket and I'll help you via a remote desktop.

Again thank you for your help Brian,

After looking at your info. I checked to see which version of FS2Crew PMDG747 I had been given to download from PCAviator, Australia,  After logging into the FS2Crew Web site, I found out that my version was using an old START Center, from I think about 2008.  There is no FS2Crew Config Manager, only a REG Check. 

I have contacted PCAviator, Australia,  and they are checking to see if a new version of FS2Crew PMDG747 is available, and why they had not received it??

Anyway, it will take a couple of days to sort this out, so again thank you for your help, and hopefully this will fix my problem.

Cheers ....Mick

Hi Mick,

Yes, you own a version that is very, very, very old.

Generally speaking, it's always best to buy direct from the developer.  It helps avoid problems.

The new version is only available here.

https://www.fs2crew.com/cart/categories/Special-PMDG-747-QOTS-II-Area/

Cheers,