Sign in to follow this  
UMUT

Landing Altitude in PFD

Hi there everyone,

One of my best friends is having some issue about landing altitude in PFD. Issue may be seen from screenshots below. Firsty he was not using ORBX Vector. After the problem he started using ORBX Vector. It did not fix. And he press ''B '' button everytime to be ensure that QNH is set. Problem seen in every airports. Also he tried to set up PMDG products again. This problem seen only in PMDG products.

Regards,

Umut Yuksel

NDZbXQ.jpg

Q2Vgor.jpg

I suppose that you are writing for your friend because he doesn't know english? otherwise it would make a bit more sense if he could tell us himself what's going on.. So what's actually the problem?

the baro pressure isn't matching the altimeter setting, or the airport code in the FMC is wrong, or the ARPT_RWY.dat doesn't match the scenery (can be deleted, will be rebuilt), or or or... no information makes troubleshooting rather pointless.  All I can see in the picture is that the altimeter is set to 1013mbar and the airplane is standing at a gate.

Also he tried to set up PMDG products again

If you mean a reinstallation, this will most likely not help. 

He should also check his B key assignment in the Sim settings and in the CDU options.

Hi Umut,

If i'm correct you speak Turkish so if you have anything you need to explain further just send me a msg and ill translate it the best i can into English for you. 

I have a Turkish background but born here in Sydney Australia so i might be able to help you out 😂

Regards 

11 hours ago, UMUT said:

Hi there everyone,

One of my best friends is having some issue about landing altitude in PFD. Issue may be seen from screenshots below. Firsty he was not using ORBX Vector. After the problem he started using ORBX Vector. It did not fix. And he press ''B '' button everytime to be ensure that QNH is set. Problem seen in every airports. Also he tried to set up PMDG products again. This problem seen only in PMDG products.

Regards,

Umut Yuksel

NDZbXQ.jpg

Q2Vgor.jpg

• Like 1

One thing he may not have is the mouse pointer in the screen with the flight sim running if he has more than one monitor.

Pressing B should work.

Harry Woodrow

Thank for you responses. Actually my friend knows english well but he don't want to open up an avsim account. He follows this kind of things on facebook. He could not find any solution yet. The problem occurs when As Real weather was disabled. So QNH is 1013 default standard level. Does anyone have any idea about the issue? I think it may be caused because of the database of landing altitude. 

Thanks in advance

Umut Yuksel

In that case he probably should open a ticket at the PMDG support website. „A friend“ is neither a name nor anything else for PMDG to look up. 😉 you get the point.