Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

The BEST of Farnborough Airshow 2018

Interesting video of the latest show that took place in England, where Airbus and Boeing show there latest boys, showing of takeoff an landing capabilities, featured fast cabin and cockpit visits, i liked in particular to see my country represented by the A380 from HiFly and the A330 neo from TAP, enjoy!

• Like 5

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I'd never heard of Hifly until Air NZ had to ground its 787's.
To fill the gap they leased an A340 from Hifly, to fly Auckland-Perth!
I do like the A330 Neo seating arrangement, I believe 2-4-2 is the most you can ask of passengers. 10 abreast? You might as well stack coffins.

Nice video, here's another, you might wonder what the sales point of this might be?  

• Like 4

Nice WingZ, thanks for sharing.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Rather like why to men climb Everest....?  Because it's there. 

ngxu_banner.png

Performing a loop in a C130 Hercules must put a heck of a lot of stress on the wing roots. After what happened to that fire fighting C130 a few years ago, I wouldn't fancy taking any unnecessary risks!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Performing a loop in a C130 Hercules must put a heck of a lot of stress on the wing roots. After what happened to that fire fighting C130 a few years ago, I wouldn't fancy taking any unnecessary risks!

With no cargo load, a properly configured loop doesn't subject an airframe to excessive G-loads. As long as Wayne kept positive G's on the brand new airframe, he was just fine.  That fire-fighting C-130 you referenced was a very old (high time) airframe and was heavily loaded... a far riskier combination.

Edited by dmiannay
  • Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Great fun to watch, saw some new airliners I have not seen before.  I still hope to fly the 787 one day, last commercial flight was a British Airways 747-400 roundtrip nonstop Phoenix-Heathrow-Phoenix in May/June 2017.  I flew premium economy on that flight, window seat, just two seats, aisle and window on the sides of premium economy with my own armrest.  Made a huge difference in getting me to and from Europe rested although it was double economy, I figured what I spent in money was saved by rest.  Will miss the Queen of the Skies as she is gradually phased out although the 747-800 may fly on for quite a while.  It is a competitive market but with the growth in aviation the number of players needs to increase and fill those niche markets and routes as the world is brought closer together by commercial aviation.

John