Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Landing gear problem

Hello all,

I have just been looking for a solution or even a topic that may alleviate my problems to no avail. I therefore apologise if it is covered elsewhere in this forum.

My landing gear keeps cycling and will not stop. It happens in all aircraft and starts immediately on moving the aircraft (Taxi) 

In all aircraft with the feature, I get an intermittent take-off config warning indicator light flickering on initial roll and as soon as I advance the throttles to take off  I get a full blown alarm and config warning lights. If I continue take off ... yes I know that is naughty but I am trying to find out what is causing this, as soon as I am airborne the alarms and lights go off and the landing gear retracts immediately with no input from me. Throughtout the flight, regardless of aircraft speed or length of flight, the gear keeps recycling.

I normally map my Saitek Yoke controller button 15 for landing gear down and up. Constantly pushing this button to counteract the automatic recycling works but only momentarily.  Thinking this controller may be having a problem, I deleted that key mapping and restarted P3Dv4 but the problem persists. I subsequently assigned a key "G" for landing gear and tried again with no positive results. This leads me to believe it is a P3Dv4 problem and not a controller. 

I have no problems with the same controllers and mapping with FS2004, so I am now quite sure that it is not a controller issue. I have run out of possible solutions and this stage and am desperately hoping someone can help me.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Well, the first thing I would do is to disonnect the controller and see if it still happens...

If Yes: Do you use FSUIPC? --> Disable it (better uninstall it)!

If No: Reconnect the controller and check if one of the AXIS is assigned to the gear (The FSUIPC thingy remains in both cases)

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Gerald,

Sad to say mate, but I have effectively done all that. I disabled all my controllers ... very difficult flying with a keypad for the firstr time I can tell you. However same result. 

I only downloaded FSUIPC (free) this morning ... after my problems occurred but the installation of FSUIPC did not have any effect. 

I have only just very recently re-taken an interest  in P3Dv4 because of my previous multi monitor set up which was (and still is) impossible to run 6 monitors on. However, with P3Dv4.3 I am slowly trying to adapt to one monitor and hopefully in the near future, I will be able to afford to go VR. That is why the re-kindling of interest in P3D.

At this time I only have ORBX Payware (limited to Australian sceneries and airports) and my iFly 737 is the only aircraft other than default. As said earlier, I have just installed the freeware FSUIPC but fully intend that to be my next purchase for this platform.  I am a little baffled at your apparent aversion to FSUIPC .. I have used it through all my platforms and have never had a problem with it. Could you possibly enlarge on your statement.

I am now about to check all my AXIS and keyboard settings for any duplications and will advise back. (this, at this stage, appears to be my only hope)

Thanks for your response Gerald

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Gerald,

I believe I have just fallen in love (lust) with you .. Perhaps, if you are not busy on Saturday we could get married LOL

I found that my Trim Wheel had button 15 (???? trim wheel does not have buttons) assigned to Landing Gear up/down. As you know there is, unfortunately, No axis for the landing gear ... something I would dearly love as I have a spare quadrant.

I am all sorted now and extremely grateful for your advice.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

I just wiped a tear from my eye. Please send us photos of the "wedding" :laugh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

18 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Gerald,

I believe I have just fallen in love (lust) with you ..

:blink:

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Christopher,

Just love that response.  I have really bad news for you though. (I have to admit I should impart this new to Gerard first as I know he wiull be grossly disappointed LOL) 

I have just consulted my wife and it would appear that I have jumped the gun, so to speak... She is unjustifiably unhappy with the prospect of Gerald joining the household .. I do not understand how some women think LOL However, I am being very presumptive here as I am not yet aware of Geralds acceptance or rejection of my magnanimous proposal.

By the way, Tissues are cheap here, but the cost of getting them to you is prohibitive so .... Please do not wait.

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

Gerald,

Whoops

Regards (not love)

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Gerald,

Please excuse my sense of humour.  I do truly thank you for your help and am a happy little vegemite now. I meant to enclose this with my previous response to you but I forgot due to my constant chuckling from Christophers response.

Regards again

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Get a room please

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy