Sign in to follow this  
Guest concrete_mielie

PAI, callsigns, EditVoicePack, AITM and general confusion ... =P

First off.. Welcome...Q1 Ans: A lot of people add their own AI aircraft and use real world flight plans to match their AI aircraft. Flight plans can be obtained from many places as I'm sure you are aware. I used ATIM to shuffle traffic.. Great program, but I now use real world Flight plans so I don't shuffle traffic.Q2 Ans: If you going to use ATIM and shuffle AI, you can add any airline you wish. You have to locate the AITM_AL.CFG file which came with AITM. Every time you add an AI airline, you must add the airline callsign in the list under the country you want that airline to fly in. Keep in mind, ATIM uses the airline callsign to shuffle traffic. In the aircraft.cfg file of each AI aircraft, you'll see a line "atc_airline=". This is were you place the airline callsign. This is the name that ATC in flight simulator uses (if its in the "airlines.cfg" list) and this is also what ATIM uses to shuffle AI traffic.Note: Some airlines callsign are different than the airline name. Ex America West airlines callsign is "Cactus". You should be using "atc_airline=Cactus" for ATC to call you Cactus. Here is only the "United States section" in my old AITM_AL.CFG file.(Country:North America/United States)US Air ShuttleAb ExAir MikeAlaskaAlohaAmerican,10AmtranCairCHALLENGE AIR CARGOCactusCarnival AirComairConnieContinental,10DahlDelta,10EmeryEvergreenFed ExFine AirFrontier FlightGeminiGiantHawaiianJet BlueKitty HawkKomstarMahaloMidwayMid ExNorthwest,10Pan AmPolar TigerRenoAirSkywestSun CountrySouthern AirSouthwestTWATalon AirTee AirUPSUS Air,10United,10WorldArmyCoast GuardGeorgianNavyRed RockSpirit WingsTradewindsAir ForceShuttlecraftPiedmontMarineTigerWindy CityHORIZONDHLNationalSpeedcatFlag ShipEagle FlightCITRUSCOLGANEXPRESSNETAMERIJETBISCAYNETRANSMILELAKES AIRCandlerGaintJET LINK#N!????#N!!!..#N!??..You can also change other perimeters on how AITM shuffles. You can add/change aircraft types, flight levels, airline names etc.. Just edit each txt file.Q3 Ans: If you want Flight Sim to use the correct callsign, use editvoicepack and make sure you update the "airlines.cfg" file. If you look in the aircraft folder, you should see the "airlines.cfg" text file. This is wat Flight sim ATC uses. Make sure you update this using editvoicepack.Hope this helps... The AITM manual is really good at explaining all this...

Guest concrete_mielie

Thanks RJ!I'll try your suggestions out.Just a few things:------Q3 Ans: If you want Flight Sim to use the correct callsign, use editvoicepack and make sure you update the "airlines.cfg" file. If you look in the aircraft folder, you should see the "airlines.cfg" text file. This is wat Flight sim ATC uses. Make sure you update this using editvoicepack.------I did do that (as i explained in the message) lol! =)------Hope this helps... The AITM manual is really good at explaining all this...------I did read through the AITM manual, and I remember seeing something about assigning airlines to regions but i couldn't find it again and i actually thought that it wasn't the problem (obviously i was wrong lol)Anyway, like i said, thanks for your swift reply, it's much appreciated! =)

You're welcome... I'm currenly working on my AI for FS2004.. LOL I Still use ATIM to play with flight plans, edit things etc...Cheers

Guest concrete_mielie

Hehe!Yeah, you see, the real-world flightplans are pretty cool and all, but only once my collection of AI planes is sufficient. AITM and the shuffle is great though, it pretty much places the right planes in the right places (if you configure it right lol) and there's enough randomness in there to make anyone happy.It's like weather conditions ... if it's exactly like the weather outside thats cool, but if it's not, as long as it's random and realistic (not overcast in one place and 200 meters away bright sunshine) it's just as good =PAnyway, i've added One Time to AITM_AL.cfg, just to see if it works now. Lol. Have a good night/day/morning and thanks again =)