Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

World/cockpit scale in P3D v4.3

It’s a Boeing thing, Airbus make their Cockpits more roomier.

But jokes aside, I did ask this question a while ago and got no answers so I’m guessing its a no. 

IM

10 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I'm sitting inside pmdg 744 and the cockpit feels cramped..! 

Unfortunately Boeing 747-100-200-300-400 and -8 have cramped and noisy cockpits, despite the size of the airplane. It's not PMDG's fault.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

3 hours ago, killthespam said:

Unfortunately Boeing 747-100-200-300-400 and -8 have cramped and noisy cockpits, despite the size of the airplane. It's not PMDG's fault.

I'm not saying it's anybodys fault. In FlyInside you have a slider to adjust for world scale. This leads me to believe there is a hidden setting somewhere that allows you to adjust the scalar. And I'm not simply complaining about a somewhat cramped cockpit. I'm litterally sitting With my forehead brushing against the overheadpanel when seat height is correct. The cockpit of the 747-400 seems smaller than that of the a318.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Things are cramped for a reason: need to reach knobs and switches from either side and read from common gauges like eicas. 

So perspective inside vc using vr is correct, subject to the quality of the modeler’s effort. 

You shouldn’t be hitting the your head against the oh panel if your eye point in aircraft.cfg is correct. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Love how someone asks a specific question and the conversation turns 180.  The guy is asking about scaling aircraft and the conversation turns to how cockpits in real life feel.  Ticks me off a little because it only creates noise and I am interested in finding out an answer to the same question.  There seems to be no standard when creating a model and I am suspecting that this issue has only arisen with the introduction of virtual reality.

Rant over,

LouP

4 hours ago, LouP said:

Love how someone asks a specific question and the conversation turns 180.  The guy is asking about scaling aircraft and the conversation turns to how cockpits in real life feel.  Ticks me off a little because it only creates noise and I am interested in finding out an answer to the same question.  There seems to be no standard when creating a model and I am suspecting that this issue has only arisen with the introduction of virtual reality.

Rant over,

LouP

I totally agree with you as I am having the same problem. Most aircraft feel somewhat smaller in VR than they are in real life (I know what I am talking about as I am holder of a pilots licence and flew several different aircraft). I really hope that either Lockheed Martin is going to offer a scale adjustment feature or some flightsim „crack“ has a clever solution for the P3D as it is.

Edited by Flyfox

Felix