Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

PMDG 747-400 Question for those who have it

CS 757 flight model is not done yet... so whats there as flight model is not a 757 model. Its more like a default aircraft model. Right?I was going to get the CS757 On the account of their CS727 which I like a lot. but without a decent flight model...well.The PMDG 747. I have saved it with a state "15 miles from Frankfurt maine airport". I load that and manually land and do a touch and go and keep landing as much as I want. The flight dynamics/model for hand flying the PMDG747 is another of my fav. The only thing is.. the sound is...ok. I am still waiting for their sound upgrade package for the 747.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

I think it flies ok. What's wrong with it?

Which is faster to get set up from cold and dark LD 767-300ER or PMDG 747-400? So, if you are very familiar with the LD 767-300ER, is the PMDG 747-400 a piece of cake?RH

Guest jboweruk

I found it a lot quicker, as it's a very automated jet. Make sure you follow the checklist but if you can start the 767 then you should have no problems with the 747. She really is a gentle giant, for all her size and power, that's why she's the Queen.

Guest tcable

Jim, it takes me 5 minutes from cold and dark (not rocket science) to get The Queen or any of my fs2004 Boeing's running. Obvioulsly I have cheated on the IRS align :)I do create my flight plans in FSBuild so I "import via ACARS" by loading the route.I think it takes more time to get a real C172 running and ready IRL!If you are Boeing fmailiar (I did not know that you crewed 757/767) Then it'll really be easy. The philosophies are the same.I highly reccomend anything from PMDG. Short of accessing the flightdeck (be it keys or a combination) Their sim of the 744 is excellnt within the MSFS framework. This is based on reading the AOM of a GE powered 744 :) After that light read :-roll I have nre appreacition for the systems, and Vin's model is amazing. I typically see VIR11 landing in Boston, and what a sight. It beats the A346 that they had been sending. What a thing of beauty.

Hi Hornit!I usually have no problem jumping in and flying some touch and go's. All you need to do is read the weight and esitmate the flaps needed for take off. If you want to do anything more than that, be prepared to program the FMC.

Guest demetris christodoul

Hello there, i'd really need to know if there's a NO VC version of the PMDG 747 ? It's killing my frame rates! Thanks,D

You mean the 757? At the Captainsim forum they said..they are still working on the custom flight model for the 757. So whatever is the default is not wha they intend for the actual 757.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest SilverCircle

>Hello there, i'd really need to know if there's a NO VC>version of the PMDG 747 ? It's killing my frame rates! There is an option to not load the VC on some of the PMDG option pages. I have however not seen any difference in performance with or w/o the VC loaded, but I'am on a pretty fast system and usually fly the 744 from the VC.Alex

>>Hello there, i'd really need to know if there's a NO VC>>version of the PMDG 747 ? It's killing my frame rates! >>There is an option to not load the VC on some of the PMDG>option pages. I have however not seen any difference in>performance with or w/o the VC loaded, but I'am on a pretty>fast system and usually fly the 744 from the VC.>>Alex>You mean from start --> programs --> pmdg or from inside the fs2004 menus?

Thanks a lot!