Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

xVision is the best visual enhancement for XP.

This is miles ahead of any other visual enhancement for XP. Very carefully crafted, does miracles for atmospheric scattering, dusk colors, clouds, water visuals, night lighting. Finally XP can have dusk and water visuals comparable to some of the best of FSX (Teles skytextures + enbseries), with the advantage of atmospheric scattering and better night lighting. I hope the author will be able to overcome the obstacles (there will be some changes in shaders in 11.30) and continue development of this product.

t2CeEv6.jpg

sc2EZhs.jpg

Adzrhtx.jpg

dGyhrxC.jpg

OlJ7lD8.jpg

• Like 6

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Dont know what info Laminar passed to Yuri, but seems that are going to drop the app after 11.30 unfortunately, the initial plan was to pass xvision to payware after 11.30 as per information by FSElite.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Could we hope that Laminar will update the weather/environment in v11.30, and that's why it doen't make sense for the creator of X-vision to make it payware?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

How does it compare to xEnviro 1.09?  I really like xEnviro's post processing ability and crepuscular rays, still a little buggy based on aircraft windshields.

Cheers, Rob.

3 hours ago, jlund said:

Could we hope that Laminar will update the weather/environment in v11.30, and that's why it doen't make sense for the creator of X-vision to make it payware?

The only info that Laminar putted outside to the general public is that is going to be a massive change in shaders, particles, autogen and even flight dynamics and one sad, that Vulkan is not going to be in this release yet.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

How does it compare to xEnviro 1.09?  I really like xEnviro's post processing ability and crepuscular rays, still a little buggy based on aircraft windshields.

Cheers, Rob.

I dont think they can be compared Rob, this one is more a smart datarefs manipulator program with textures and post processing effects, however it makes a great combo with ultra weather XP in my opinion, BTW UWXP is going to have crepuscular rays and bypass cloud effects in the next release already announced by the dev in the org( i made some push also :)) due next week +- with this release i think xvision + uwxp are going the unbeatable combo for now regarding weather in XP

• Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

12 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

The only info that Laminar putted outside to the general public is that is going to be a massive change in shaders, particles, autogen and even flight dynamics and one sad, that Vulkan is not going to be in this release yet.

I dont think they can be compared Rob, this one is more a smart datarefs manipulator program with textures and post processing effects, however it makes a great combo with ultra weather XP in my opinion, BTW UWXP is going to have crepuscular rays and bypass cloud effects in the next release already announced by the dev in the org( i made some push also :)) due next week +- with this release i think xvision + uwxp are going the unbeatable combo for now regarding weather in XP

Does this combo fix or alleviate the abrupt weather changes in XPlane 11?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Does this combo fix or alleviate the abrupt weather changes in XPlane 11?

Unfortunately no, but the weather injection as you know is made by other applications or the default weather system, in my case i use FSGRW in dynamic mode updating every 5 minutes, i dont see abrupt weather changes like that, but i do see the clouds disapearing and back again sporadically, BTW when i used xenviro i had exacly the same issue.

In this regard, theres only one that can and for sure is going to saves us in the future, Active Sky 😉

Abraço

• Like 1

Marques

31 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Unfortunately no, but the weather injection as you know is made by other applications or the default weather system, in my case i use FSGRW in dynamic mode updating every 5 minutes, i dont see abrupt weather changes like that, but i do see the clouds disapearing and back again sporadically, BTW when i used xenviro i had exacly the same issue.

In this regard, theres only one that can and for sure is going to saves us in the future, Active Sky 😉

Abraço

It happens with the default weather engine too. I think is an inherent xplane problem that need to be addressed by the dev team.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.