Sign in to follow this  
henkaltena

P3D 4.2 and PMDG737NGX - autoland???

Good morning,

The VC cockpit in the PMDG 737NGX, running under P3D v 4.2 is rather blurry. In the PFD, and the ND, the figures for (for instance) Altitude, Speed, and the TC and TD are very hard to read.

Could that be improved?  (I must say, that in FSX, that was far more better). The 2D cockpit looks very good.

Thanks for any help.

Henk

2 minutes ago, henkaltena said:

Good morning,

The VC cockpit in the PMDG 737NGX, running under P3D v 4.2 is rather blurry. In the PFD, and the ND, the figures for (for instance) Altitude, Speed, and the TC and TD are very hard to read.

Could that be improved?  (I must say, that in FSX, that was far more better). The 2D cockpit looks very good.

Thanks for any help.

Henk

Didn't you post exactly the same yesterday and you confirmed it was fixed with the Panel MIP map?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

5 minutes ago, henkaltena said:

Could that be improved?

HDR is occasionally the cause, too. Please be sure to sign your name to your posts, and also to have a look around the forum a bit. Sounds like a lot of the old common issues are tripping you up.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello,

I'm not able to carry out an autoland. Setting up the FMC/CDU, like the Introduction manual (i.e. using the Collins MCP, and activate Fail Operational) is done. Still, after having intercepted the ILS glidescope of the runway for landing,Ipress the APP buttonn in the MCP. After that, I press the CMD B button, to activate the second autopilot, but the LED of this button extinguish each time.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for an answer

Henk

12 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Didn't you post exactly the same yesterday and you confirmed it was fixed with the Panel MIP map?

Yes , I made a mistake. In the meantime, it's corrected.

Sorry, Henk

7 minutes ago, henkaltena said:

What am I doing wrong?

What approach? What airport? Are you following the proper procedure? Have you flown the tutorial?

Help us help you by ensuring you provide as much information as possible.

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

What approach? What airport? Are you following the proper procedure? Have you flown the tutorial?

Help us help you by ensuring you provide as much information as possible.

Approach: ILS approach at Rwy 36R EHAM (Schiphol).

Yes, I flew the tutorial twice (FSX, and P3D). after that, I wrote a hand-out for flying the 737NGX, together with the VRI-overhead, the CDU II, and MCP Combo I. According this hand-out (everything according the manuals), I made a lot of ILS flights in FSX, including autoland. However, in P3D, I'm not able to make this autolands.

Hope this helps you.

Henk.

3 minutes ago, henkaltena said:

Yes, I flew the tutorial twice (FSX, and P3D). after that, I wrote a hand-out for flying the 737NGX, together with the VRI-overhead, the CDU II, and MCP Combo I. According this hand-out (everything according the manuals), I made a lot of ILS flights in FSX, including autoland. However, in P3D, I'm not able to make this autolands.

Neat. All the same, this doesn't explain what you're actually doing, which is what I need to know.

What does the FMA say? Honestly, FSX and P3D are essentially the same, functionally, so if you can autoland in one, and you can't in the other, you can break it down to two issues: a scenery issue where the ILS isn't present, or human error.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle

Forget about the hand-out. I will fly the tutorials again, and will then report back. Hope it's OK for you.

Regards

Henk

8 minutes ago, henkaltena said:

Forget about the hand-out. I will fly the tutorials again, and will then report back. Hope it's OK for you

Henk - I need to know what you're doing in order to help you. So far, you have only said "I've made some handouts," but didn't provide them to me to give me an understanding of what you're doing.

I cannot read your mind. I cannot see your screen. I can't see your checklists. I can't see anything you have not told me specifically, so again, if you want help you're going to have to help me help you. To be blunt, you're making this a lot harder than it really needs to be.

As I said earlier, it will come down to likely one of two scenarios: scenery, or human error. I can help you isolate the cause, but only if you start to help me understand what you're seeing on your computer, using your procedure...because I can guarantee that if I go home right now, and use my procedure, on my computer, it'll work...but that doesn't help you.

Kyle Rodgers

I press the CMD B button, to activate the second autopilot, but the LED of this button extinguish each time.

tune the second nav receiver to the ILS too.

Edited by Ephedrin
added relevant quote

Henk, take a few images of what your VC looks like just before hitting APP, right after and when you report the "LED extinguishes". Then post it here, then we can better assess what your experiencing. Kyle is correct, usually it is some minor item forgotten by the pilot, or a missing ILS. The more info you provide the faster this can be resolved for you.

Take care

Edited by Bob Marton

Henk,
I performed a few minutes ago a succefull Autoland on runway 360R. (Aalsmeer baan)There are a lot of selections in the arrival selections but you need the ILS 36R and not RNAV 36R, NDM36R etc. So only ILS36R Track 002 and ILS freq 111.95. I intercept EH636 at 2000ft. Observed no abnormalitys.
Succes and greetings from a city near EHAM

Jo va Bra

Hello to all 

First, I would like to thank all participants at this discussion for their input. This week-end a made two flights, the first from LSZH to EHAM (ILS Rwy 36R). The second one from EBBR to EHAM (36R).

Before this flights, I looked at the tutorials again. Suddenly, I noticed, that with all the previous flights (thanks for this tip to Marc Ehnle), I forgot to tune both NAV's on the same frequency. (sorry for my wrong answer Marc). I think, it must have something to do with my age (75), and also with the fact, that I did not fly the simulator for more than a year. Anyway (me dummy) did only tune the active and standby NAV1 at the same ILS frequency, and left the NAV2 frequency untouched.

I am really sorry, that I was so stupid to forget that. Hope you all forgive me, and thanks again for all the wellwilling help.

Kind Regards

Henk Altena