Sign in to follow this  
henkaltena

P3D 4.2 and PMDG737NGX - autoland???

On 7/30/2018 at 8:56 AM, henkaltena said:

I noticed, that with all the previous flights (thanks for this tip to Marc Ehnle), I forgot to tune both NAV's on the same frequency. (sorry for my wrong answer Marc)

Absolutely no problem Henk, when you said you press the second autopilot button and the other one turned off I was sure that‘s the problem. If I had visited this thread before right after your answer I would have said „check again that you really do that“ 😉 

in the 737 all you need for a successful autoland is a properly protected ILS (it always is in the sim where available), the correct frequency in both receivers and both course selectors set. Plus the standard procedure for every landing. Everything else like lights, signs, Vref, DH etc is luxury needed for a safe operation but not for the technical side of the autoland. I‘m not even sure if you need to select the approach and runway in the fms, I think it would work even if you lost your fms. (Guys please correct me)