Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Video: VATSIM + Level D

I'll tell you, my setup looks nothing like that. I am using an Athlon 64 3800 (Venice), but perhaps my AGP 9800 Pro is holding me back. I run it at 1600x1200x32 (lowering my setting has almost no effect) with everying maxed. My cockpit does not look 3D like yours. And, when I pan around inside, it is very jerky. Do you think it is my 9800 Pro 128Mb?RH

Guest Traffic

Thanks Dave,This is way too cool. I have no idea why I haven't looked into this earlier. I've been a fan of 2D panels mainly because I found panning in VC to be cumbersome. But with this, I might just switch to VC all the way.I just wish it was a little cheaper. $180 is a little steep although if it works perfectly as advertised then it

FS2004 is a CPU intensive application, hence both processing power, memory speed and latency play a role in the performance you get.Having CAS2 Latency Memory and a High FSB helps FS2004 performance tremendously. I would say that a 6800GT is more than enough for FS2004 in terms of GPU (a 9800 is way to old I think). CPU is a completely different story, but if I had to choose the absolute best CPU for FS2004 right now I will get an FX-60 and overclock it a bit to reach FX-62 speeds. Why the FX Series? because it is multiplier unlocked and I can modify the FSB which is, in my opinion the single most inportant thing when it comes to increasing FS2004 performance. Mine is set at 220Mhz and I have a single core OLD CPU (FX-53) but i've never seen a stutter in FS2004 :)

Rob,I was the same opinion as you until I got it. It really does transform the whole flying experience and because it feels as though you are there you instinctively move your head in the right direction to where your going. Landings are a piece of cake especially if your entering from the right.That makes you a much better and smoother pilot................and thats what we all aspire to do eh?

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Hello,>>I use a trackir also but have always had a little trouble>clicking on switches - tiny head movements make the switch>"drift" away from the click spot.>>Any setup of trackir suggestions?Yes, assign 'mouse 3' (Done by pressing the wheel of your mouse down) to the 'Pause' function in 'Settings',.................. that way while you are altering the controls your view will be stable.Un-pausing your view will follow wherever your head is.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Incredible video, thanks so much for sharing it with us. Are you attendind the September AVSIM conference in Washington DC? If so, perhaps you should email Tom Allensworth and ask if you can show that video during the conference. The interest and questions you would generate in terms of how you made the video, your Track IR4 settings, and the Level-D 767 (I have Andre's VC textures as well, they are wonderful!) would be a tremendous contribution to the convention, and you would be hard-pressed to get away from the podium with all the questions that would arise! Just a thought.Regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hello,Thanks for the help.I set up the mouse wheel for the PAUSE and I added a yoke (CH)key for the RECENTER. This is what I was looking for when I bought the TRACKIR.I can now fly with all of my good VC's.Thanks again and cheers,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

Hi.This video is a bit different to the usual ones and I like it! ;-) Seriously, TrackIR should use that as a promotional video its that good. In fact it may just have persuaded me to buy one. :-hah Thanks for shareingAndy S

Glad to help.Another thing I do is to raise my head slightly, then hit 'F12'. That gives me a good view of the guages while taking off and landing.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Alex,Actually I tought exactly the same thing a while ago...Since I've posted the video to several forums there are people corresponding with me via email and/or private message regarding settings I used.What I decided is to create a document with all the frequent questions, settings used, etc etc. It will be available shorty.The real reason I'm doing those videos is to attract more people to join VATSIM, I'm planning on creating a set of Video Tutorials for VATSIM to make it easier for users to join.

Come on! absoutely not... The more people find out about VATSIM, trackIR and what can be achieved the better for our hobby!

Could you please send me your profile file for the TrackIR4Pro?Thanks a lot,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest abent

Brilliant video and a great representation of flying online. I've always been a 2-D guy but after watching this, and seeing some of the 3-D panels available these days, I may have to make the change over.The Tracker IR works very well on your system.Adam

That was both very cool and pretty helpful. I've always been a little scared of online VATSIM type flying though I know that the groups have training and work hard to help newbies.Nice to get a sense of what its "really like". Also I dont have the level D 767, so was nice to see that piece of kit at work!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg