Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Panel Configuration Question

Hi fellas,

I just purchased the GTN 750 and I'm pleased to see these panel configuration threads. There is one thing I'm missing though when I use the above edits by Bill; the popups in the VC. Is there a tutorial somewhere online on how to accomplish popups for the RXP gauges in the VC? I would appreciate one of you guys pointing me in the right direction. Thanks!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

7 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Hi fellas,

I just purchased the GTN 750 and I'm pleased to see these panel configuration threads. There is one thing I'm missing though when I use the above edits by Bill; the popups in the VC. Is there a tutorial somewhere online on how to accomplish popups for the RXP gauges in the VC? I would appreciate one of you guys pointing me in the right direction. Thanks!

Hi Bert,

Spoiler

From panel.cfg for GTN 750 Popup. Ident for GTN 750 is 14401. Ident for popup and VC must match.

[Window13]
size_mm=100,100
window_pos=0.000000,0.617619
window_size=0.216146,0.382381
visible=0
zorder=99
background_color=0,0,0
ident=14401

gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0, 0,100,100

From RealityXP.GTN.ini:

[GTN_750_1.DEFAULT]
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false.
usemouse = true
; enable alternate click-spots (left CCW, right CW, middle Push) if true.
usealtmouse = false
; enable touch beyond screen bounds if true (2D only), clip if false (GTN native).
extendtouch = true
; auto-resize dimension (width,height)
refsize = 
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225) (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = 
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright = 14401
; adjust brightness (0 to 100)
brightness.bezel = 100
; offset brightness (-100 to +100)
brightness.screen = 0

If you use the NO_BEZEL option add the following 2 lines at end of RealityXP.GTN.ini Make sure ident is popright =. For right click on GTN.

[GTN_750_1.NO_BEZEL]
popright = 14401

NO_BEZEL must be at end of gauge entry in the VC section of panel.cfg.

[VCockpit03]
size_mm=1024,1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GTN750
background_color=0,0,0

gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0,0,677,794,NO_BEZEL

Hope this helps.

Edited by Bills511

Not entirely sure why the example above uses a right-click to pop up the GTN.. the same could be done for a left-click, or both for that matter..

The basics for any popup window, is that it needs to be added to the panel.cfg file, both at the top in the windows list, and in the body.  ident=XXX  needs to match the popleft=XXX (or popright=XXX) definition.

That is about it..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Thanks guys! That's all fairly easy 😊

Cheers, Bert

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not entirely sure why the example above uses a right-click to pop up the GTN

Maybe because in the ini file for the GTN you need shift + leftclick? There's no option for only leftclick.

Cheers, Bert

3 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Maybe because in the ini file for the GTN you need shift + leftclick? There's no option for only leftclick.

Popleft is actually leftclick  :wink:

Bert

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not entirely sure why the example above uses a right-click to pop up the GTN

Unlike others that use concise clickspots for 2D popups, for the RXP GTN it's entire active screen area is one big clickspot to bring up the 2D popup. By default it is mapped to rightclick.  The functions of the RXP GTN, both touchscreen, and button and knob presses are mapped to use of leftclicks.  Mapping the 2D popup to leftclick would interfere with those functions.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

OK, that makes sense... I guess I was thinking of the GNS 530 where left click is OK.  :blush:

Bert

8 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Unlike others that use concise clickspots for 2D popups, for the RXP GTN it's entire active screen area is one big clickspot to bring up the 2D popup. By default it is mapped to rightclick.  The functions of the RXP GTN, both touchscreen, and button and knob presses are mapped to use of leftclicks.  Mapping the 2D popup to leftclick would interfere with those functions. 

You beat me to it Frank.
I always set GTN's to popleft = for the touchscreen units for the reason Frank mentioned. GNS units on the other hand are not touchscreen so popleft = is fine.

I hope we didn't confuse you @Rimshot  Enjoy your new GTN. 🙂

Edited by Bills511
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Popleft is actually leftclick  :wink:

I know that Bert 😉 I was trying to point out you need the shift button alongside it.

14 hours ago, fppilot said:

Exactly. Makes perfectly sense.

Cheers, Bert

14 hours ago, Bills511 said:

I hope we didn't confuse you @Rimshot  Enjoy your new GTN. 🙂

No confusion here Bill! 😊 Thanks again for the help.

Cheers, Bert