Sign in to follow this  
BrianThePilot

PMDG 737 Version 1.20.8869 Airplane Freeze

Hello,

I just updated the 737 today and while I was flying, me and my friend's cockpits froze up in the sim. We could still see eachother moving, but the cockpits froze. Obviously this is not just my system however I still rebooted to see if it would change. But on another flight, it did it. This for some reason only happens when I go to the dep/arr page in the FMC. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Brian McCumiskey

Specs: i5 7th gen, gtx 1050, 2.5ghz, 8 gigs

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

4 hours ago, bmccumiskey said:

Hello,

I just updated the 737 today and while I was flying, me and my friend's cockpits froze up in the sim. We could still see eachother moving, but the cockpits froze. Obviously this is not just my system however I still rebooted to see if it would change. But on another flight, it did it. This for some reason only happens when I go to the dep/arr page in the FMC. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Brian McCumiskey

Specs: i5 7th gen, gtx 1050, 2.5ghz, 8 gigs

Not enough information to understand what steps done etc.

Please open a ticket with exact steps followed that lead to the crash. Also can not understand the "We could still see eachother moving"

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hello,

i have the same issue. I was flying today first time since last update and 1:30 in flight with 737NG when I selected arrival rwy and star I pressed execute, FMS get frozen. Even ND get frozen as well. When I turned nob next to scale one, with ARC, VOR, PLAN etc, I didnt change. When I turned heading, digits changed but airplane didnt change direction even if heading on AP was selected. A minute later, I had CTD without any error log.

mefisssto

10 hours ago, Mefisssto said:

Hello,

i have the same issue. I was flying today first time since last update and 1:30 in flight with 737NG when I selected arrival rwy and star I pressed execute, FMS get frozen. Even ND get frozen as well. When I turned nob next to scale one, with ARC, VOR, PLAN etc, I didnt change. When I turned heading, digits changed but airplane didnt change direction even if heading on AP was selected. A minute later, I had CTD without any error log.

mefisssto

Please open a ticket through support.precisionmanuals.com portal with exact steps followed.

Real names on the forum first and last please

Chris Makris

I also have the problem that my FMC is frozen
when I chose the RW and SID.
I was already on the way for 3 hours.
Before the update, I had no problem with any flight.
There has never been such a problem in FMC
How can I undo the update?

Frank from EDDM

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

13 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:
I also have the problem that my FMC is frozen
when I chose the RW and SID.
I was already on the way for 3 hours.
Before the update, I had no problem with any flight.
There has never been such a problem in FMC
How can I undo the update?

Frank from EDDM

You mean STAR? We have identified an issue where changing star can cause issues. We are working on a fix 

Chris Makris

Yes a Star.

At this time i go back to my Image bevor the PMDG Update.

I will wait to the new update.

Thanks

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

I hope that will be integrated into the update in the OC.
I will wait until the update is replaced or it will be an extra update.

1 hour ago, f.skywalker said:

I hope that will be integrated into the update in the OC.

Already is in our internal testing version. V2 of the OC is so much nicer. Better notifications, too.

Kyle Rodgers

How  can  i see  in the Operation  Center 

the  New Version from  the Update.

I will Not install the  old  Version. 

At  this time i fly with my Image  bevor

the upade  without  problems.

Frank from EDDM

Edited by f.skywalker

Yep, same issue here.  When sellecting STAR and RWY through FMC.  Displays freeze.  Airplane keeps flying but everything freezes on pmdg.  And control responses seem to be with a great gap while this happens.  

SHould I open also a Ticket? or its in the same fix youre working on?

Thankyou!

Hey Guys!

Just saw the update! One question however. I'm guessing I need to download a new full installer from the website as it seems to only be updating the expansion packs. Does this mean I need to deactivate the 777 and 737 base packs in the fmc and reinstall the base packs with the new installer? If so, do I have to deactivate and uninstall the expansions when doing this? Or can I just simply deactivate the base packs, then reinstall and reactivate them and the expansions won't be impacted?

Thanks!

Brian McCumiskey

Edited by bmccumiskey

Brian McCumiskey

8 minutes ago, bmccumiskey said:

I'm guessing I need to download a new full installer from the website as it seems to only be updating the expansion packs.

Nope. It's only updating the base packs. Where are you getting the idea otherwise (curious in case we need to adjust the verbiage somewhere)?

8 minutes ago, bmccumiskey said:

Does this mean I need to deactivate the 777 and 737 base packs in the fmc and reinstall the base packs with the new installer?

Don't deactivate unless you have a situation specified in the Intro Manual: full OS reinstall, changing comps, or changing major hardware. As for the base packs, see my comment above.

...good to see you on the boards!

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

Nope. It's only updating the base packs. Where are you getting the idea otherwise (curious in case we need to adjust the verbiage somewhere)?

Don't deactivate unless you have a situation specified in the Intro Manual: full OS reinstall, changing comps, or changing major hardware. As for the base packs, see my comment above.

...good to see you on the boards!

I have updated the products and when I reopen the oc, it wants me to update again. It says it updates, but when I re open the oc, it asks me again to reinstall the updatse. When I go to versions, It shows the expansions are up to date but the base pack says it needs to still update.

Brian McCumiskey

1 minute ago, bmccumiskey said:

I have updated the products and when I reopen the oc, it wants me to update again. It says it updates, but when I re open the oc, it asks me again to reinstall the updatse. When I go to versions, It shows the expansions are up to date but the base pack says it needs to still update.

Try once more. I'm guessing the original window said you needed to download 0KB worth of files.

...jury's out on if it was my fault that it did that :ph34r:

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers