Sign in to follow this  
JVinke

Update to 737 for prepar3d 4.3?

Has there been an update to the 737's for Prepared 4.3 and if so how do you get it?

Seems to work fine to me.  All updates go thru the Ops Center.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Hello

I saw the PMDG 737NGX  update this morning on the Ops Centre and went ahead and installed it.  However, when I entered P3D and loaded the PMDG livery I use, all my saved panels were gone and all the settings had changed.  I also noticed that some addons I have didn't work either.  The only thing I could do was to restore my whole system to a restore point of a couple of days ago and that corrected all the errors and disconnects.

Was anyone at PMDG aware of this effect with the new update?  Previous updates did not have such a catastrophic effect on my sim as this one did so I wonder if someone needs to be made aware of it.  In the meantime, I am not installing any PMDG updates until this can be resolved as the result is not good.

Sorry

Father Dane

thanks for the warning.. 

it seems on Facebook that other people have issues too.. 😕

Edited by Ephedrin

4 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

thanks for the warning.. 

it seems on Facebook that other people have issues too.. 😕

Can you please provide where this is wirtten? We have not seen any issues here, and nothing has come to support

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

42 minutes ago, FatherDane said:

Hello

I saw the PMDG 737NGX  update this morning on the Ops Centre and went ahead and installed it.  However, when I entered P3D and loaded the PMDG livery I use, all my saved panels were gone and all the settings had changed.  I also noticed that some addons I have didn't work either.  The only thing I could do was to restore my whole system to a restore point of a couple of days ago and that corrected all the errors and disconnects.

Was anyone at PMDG aware of this effect with the new update?  Previous updates did not have such a catastrophic effect on my sim as this one did so I wonder if someone needs to be made aware of it.  In the meantime, I am not installing any PMDG updates until this can be resolved as the result is not good. 

Sorry

Father Dane

What settings exactly have been chnaged? The saved panel stated that were gone from which directory?

What addons does not work?

None of the files that we update had to do anything with panel states or settings.

Edited by Olympic260

Chris Makris

6 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Can you please provide where this is wirtten? We have not seen any issues here, and nothing has come to support

Chris,

that's a pretty good question, honestly. I'm looking for it. I follow several flight sim groups on FB but as I haven't liked or commented on it I can't find it anymore atm. As soon as it shows up again I will send you the link. There have been several typical PMDG hater comments about "nothing does work as always".. I didn't give a lot on it but between the angry words it sounded a bit like Father Dane says above. Some things seemed to have been broken after the updates.

1 minute ago, Ephedrin said:

Chris,

that's a pretty good question, honestly. I'm looking for it. I follow several flight sim groups on FB but as I haven't liked or commented on it I can't find it anymore atm. As soon as it shows up again I will send you the link. There have been several typical PMDG hater comments about "nothing does work as always".. I didn't give a lot on it but between the angry words it sounded a bit like Father Dane says above. Some things seemed to have been broken after the updates.

Marc, if you find them please do send them over.

The update only updated 4 files and none of them have anything to do with panel states or aircraft settings. In my pc's all panel states and aircraft settings are as it was.

Chris Makris

2 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Marc, if you find them please do send them over.

The update only updated 4 files and none of them have anything to do with panel states or aircraft settings. In my pc's all panel states and aircraft settings are as it was.

I'll do.

But as you say nothing has been reported to you I think it's save to try it after my Maddog flight 😄

I hate to be one of those "everything is working fine for me" types, but in situations like this, I feel its a valuable data point. 

I just completed the both updates from the Ops Center and all is well.  All panel states are "as they were" and the aircraft are functioning as expected.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Okay guys,

works fine for me too. 

IF I find the postings on FB I will forward them, but I think it's kind of obsolete as nobody has reached out to the support staff.

Gents,

The reported abnormalities are inconsistent with the files we updated. In other words, what we updated cannot cause what is being asserted.

The faux outrage is...out of place, unnecessary, and honestly irresponsible.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, Olympic260 said:

What settings exactly have been chnaged? The saved panel stated that were gone from which directory?

What addons does not work?

None of the files that we update had to do anything with panel states or settings.

Hello

After installing the update through the PMDG Operations Centre, I entered P3Dv4 in the normal manner (I start Active Sky first). Once P3D has loaded I select my saved scenario - a PMDG Ryanair 737-800. Once that loaded, I saw all the panels had changed.  I use a home-built simulator and have monitors to show the PD and other display units, and all the placement settings had changed.  It would have required a total replacement and re-calculation to restore the panels to their proper state.  In addition, I use a throttle quadrant from Flight Simulator Centre, and this would not connect.  I also use OC4BA to connect and control several panels from Opencockpits and this too, would not work.  I tried reinstalling OC4BA and it wouldn't work so in frustration I simply performed an install of the main PMDG and selected restore/repair and then after adding the lines back in the ini file (SDK Broadcast) I re-started the computer, re-entered PMDG and found everything back to normal with my original scenario.

I have to say that this is the first time this has happened with an update from PMDG so it took me by surprise.  Previous updates did not disturb my settings as this latest one did. So, the PMDG Operations Centre is still announcing an update but now I am ignoring it as it simply takes too long to repair the damage to the rest of my system.  What I would like is a way to save all my panel states before installing an update - is there a way to do all this?

Sorry to have to report this, but as I said, it took me quite by surprise.

I hope this helps.

Father Dane

1 hour ago, FatherDane said:

Hello

After installing the update through the PMDG Operations Centre, I entered P3Dv4 in the normal manner (I start Active Sky first). Once P3D has loaded I select my saved scenario - a PMDG Ryanair 737-800. Once that loaded, I saw all the panels had changed.  I use a home-built simulator and have monitors to show the PD and other display units, and all the placement settings had changed.  It would have required a total replacement and re-calculation to restore the panels to their proper state.  In addition, I use a throttle quadrant from Flight Simulator Centre, and this would not connect.  I also use OC4BA to connect and control several panels from Opencockpits and this too, would not work.  I tried reinstalling OC4BA and it wouldn't work so in frustration I simply performed an install of the main PMDG and selected restore/repair and then after adding the lines back in the ini file (SDK Broadcast) I re-started the computer, re-entered PMDG and found everything back to normal with my original scenario.

I have to say that this is the first time this has happened with an update from PMDG so it took me by surprise.  Previous updates did not disturb my settings as this latest one did. So, the PMDG Operations Centre is still announcing an update but now I am ignoring it as it simply takes too long to repair the damage to the rest of my system.  What I would like is a way to save all my panel states before installing an update - is there a way to do all this?

Sorry to have to report this, but as I said, it took me quite by surprise.

I hope this helps.

Father Dane

The first update had some issues with loading saved panel states. This is the reason we pushed another one on Monday evening.

However please bear in mind that old panel states might not work correctly and new one needs to be created as there was some internal changes in the way these are saved.

Chris Makris

Thank you for the clarification.  But I will have to wait until I have more time before installing the update as it takes a long time to line up and size the display panels to each location on the Main Instrument Panel.  I must also consider the break-down with the add-on hardware and resolve that as well - but that should be simpler.

Thank you for assisting me and for the explanation.

Father Dane