Sign in to follow this  
Jonahbird

Microsoft voices in P2A

Hi all,

i love flying with atc. but the voices have no radio effect. i have tried with "apo equalizer" and "Virtual Audio Cable" to apply the effect only to pilot2atc. but it doesn't work.

If that could be set in pilot2atc, i would be the happiest man in the world!!!

Does anyone know how I could do that?

Sorry for my bad english :-)

You can set the background static .wav file in P2A and also the volume of that file to get a more radio like voice from the controllers.

Dave

22 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You can set the background static .wav file in P2A and also the volume of that file to get a more radio like voice from the controllers.

Dave

Amazing! That's an attitude I've totally overlooked so far.
I have now created my own modified .wav file. Will this file be overwritten by a future update of P2A?

Regards

Reiner

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

Give your new file a different name and then set the "Radio Background Sound" file name on the Sound tab of config to that new name.  That way a new install of P2A will not overwrite your new file.

Dave

20 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Give your new file a different name and then set the "Radio Background Sound" file name on the Sound tab of config to that new name.  That way a new install of P2A will not overwrite your new file.

Dave

Thank you very much. I should have thought of that myself.
Sorry.

Regards

Reiner

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

FYI - I had been wondering why the Neuber voices mentioned above sounded familiar...

It turns out their installer (https://www.neuber.com/free/voicesinstaller/) is just a simple (but elegant) front end that downloads and installs the Microsoft Speech Platform version 11 languages, which can also be done manually from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27224.

Neuber voices are Microsoft voices.

Cheers
Peter

Edited by paj
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 9:38 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Here's the list of Desktop voices in each of the languages.  Notice George is not among them. 

The other voices are Mobile and are not usable in P2A.  There is a way to mess with the Registry to trick Windows into thinking the Mobile voices are Desktop, but that is dangerous and seems to be reversed with each Windows Update.

Language (Region)

Windows 10 and Windows 8/  8.1

Name

Chinese (Hong Kong)

Y

N

Tracy 

Female

Chinese (Taiwan)

Y

Y

Hanhan 

Female

Chinese (People's Republic of China)

Y

Y

Huihui

Female

English (United States)

Y

Y

Zira

Female

English (United States)

Y

Y     

David

Male

English (Great Britain) 

Y

Y

Hazel

Female

French (France)

Y

Y

Hortense

Female

German (Germany)

Y

Y

Hedda

Female

Italian (Italy)

Y

N

Elsa

Female

Japanese (Japan)

Y

Y

Haruka

Female

Korean (Korea)

Y

Y

Heami

Female

Polish (Poland)

Y

N

Paulina

Female

Portuguese (Brazil)

Y

N

Maria

Female

Russian (Russia)

Y

N

Irina

Female

Spanish (Mexico)

Y

N

Sabina

Female

Spanish (Spain)

Y

Y

Helena

Female

Sapi 5 voices set or Text aloud sets?

https://nextup.com/ivona/index.html

Only SAPI 5 voices will work with Pilot2ATC.  Be sure they are x64 also.  I believe the Ivona voices install both an x86 and x64 version by default, but others may not.

Dave

On 7/28/2018 at 7:42 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

At Nextup.com, you can get the IVONA voices for less if you bundle multiple voices....but yes, they are not cheap.

Could you confirm these voices on that resource will work with Pilot2ATC:

TextAloud 4   5 Ivona Voices:  $159

Eric

Jennifer

Joey

Kimberly

Salli 

All are English American

Do they look right to you?

Thanks!

Dirk.

Dirk, I have a number of Ivona voices, Joey, Eric Kendra, and they all work without a problem.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

On 12/3/2018 at 12:32 AM, paj said:

FYI - I had been wondering why the Neuber voices mentioned above sounded familiar...

It turns out their installer (https://www.neuber.com/free/voicesinstaller/) is just a simple (but elegant) front end that downloads and installs the Microsoft Speech Platform version 11 languages, which can also be done manually from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27224.

Neuber voices are Microsoft voices.

Cheers
Peter

I tried Neuber first and on attempting to run the installer got a window saying there is an "OLE error". Then I used the MS link you gave, ran the installer, got a long list of voices, chose one of them only to get the OLE error again. Before allowing myself to explode in a rage, I checked and discovered that in fact Heera (I love the Indian accent in English) had been installed and I was able to select in in the P2A config voiced window. Thanks very much for providing the links.