Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

UK2000 Gatwick for P3Dv4

Hi everyone

I've been using this soon for some time, but just realised I've never flown to the airport - only from it! 

I use the built - in ATC, and it got me VERY close to the airport, and it had given me instructions to land on the main runway with a visual approach! Why would it do that when I know the runway it assigned me has an ILS? How to I tell the system about the approaches using ILS? 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Can't answer the main question but why not just fly the ILS with visual reference? Just because you get given a visual doesn't mean you can't use your instruments.

Edited by DavidP

David Porrett

Yeah, I've tried it again and this time I manually typed in the frequency, like you say. Shame you have to do that. 

One of the things I've also had a problem with is that ATC is very late in starting my decent, so I'm still too high when I get to the airport. This is despite using the spoilers and slowing right down for the entire decent. The only way I can get out of this is while I'm descending, at some point do a 360° turn, giving you more time to descend! Even then, I have to use the spoilers the whole time. 

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Default atc is notoriously bad /unpredictable 

if you must use it, treat it as advice only 🙂

Edited by GHarrall

10 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

treat it as advice only

I think it's a case of using it or not. Years ago, when i used an earlier version of Flight Sim, there was a complete ATC that was brilliant. I can't think of a problem with it, but I just can't remember it's name. 

I think ProATC has issues? 

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

I think it's a case of using it or not. Years ago, when i used an earlier version of Flight Sim, there was a complete ATC that was brilliant. I can't think of a problem with it, but I just can't remember it's name. 

It's quite a good product If you have it set up properly 

14ppkc-6.png

54 minutes ago, tooting said:

It's quite a good product If you have it set up properly 

I agree, ProAtcX with every flight, don't like the only flying in the dark environment (unicom)...

Cheers,

André

3 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Are you referring to ProFlight Emulator (PFE) ? There is an upgrade path to p3d v4.

There was also RadarContact v4 (RC4) and VoxATC.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I was thinking of ProATC/X.. 

I read that it didn't do something with the AI? Is that right? 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

5 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

PROATC is fantastic after adjusting decent fpm rates for my aircraft I normally get told to descend before within 30-10 miles of the aircraft TOD point.

Useing the built in ATC is frankly a wast of time.

I would not do a flight without PROATC now.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Gaz,

I've been using Pro-ATC-X for several years, for both Commercial and GA flights (with the "TAIL" ID modification). The last upgrade, a few months back, make this ATC software virtually trouble free.

I don't use online (Vatsim), only Pro-ATC-X. No problems together with Ultimate Traffic Live.

Highly recommended for a "non-voice" activated ATC simulation.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I really appreciate that. I just realised I bought it a while ago but didn't install it because it says something about not handling AI aircraft (but maybe that's it off date) t. But it's good to hear what you're saying, so I'll install it and give it a go

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

I would DL the full update version and yes it handles UTL AI

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I would DL the full update version and yes it handles UTL AI

On their website, it says AI is recognized and managed (not yet on ground, but while airborne). I'm not entirely sure how that has an impact on you going close to other aircraft on the taxiway, for example. 

Gaz on Facebook