Sign in to follow this  
Philipljung

Ap will not engage

Okay, hear me out on this one, cause it is really getting on my nerves. My problem is: I can’t engage the autopilot in the Pmdg 737-800 NGX. What happens is that when I press the cmd autopilot in the top left corner of the ap engage buttons, nothing happens, the button gets pressed in but there is no green light and no signs of it working. I have checked peoples answers here on the forum (asked by other people) but all of the fixes they say don’t work for me. So I have to fly hour long flights without autopilot. By hand! Also, I can’t land ILS landings because of this. 

Some side information:

It started the most when I installed GSX on my pc.

If I try spamming the cmd engage button, sometimes it flashes green, but goes black again right afterwards.

I have tried pressing the other ap engage buttons but none of them work either.

All of the other buttons in my airplane work.

Im a part of virtual Norwegian and that is important for me so an answer quick would be extremely nice.

Thank you.

Philip.

Something I forgot: I am using fsx:se so if it has something to do with the sim. That is the sim I am using. Again, thanks.

Hi,

I didn't go through the other topics to guess what you have tried so far but here is a couple of questions:

What is the configuration of the MCP and FDs when you try to engage the AP?

What is the panel state when you load the aircraft?

2 hours ago, Philipljung said:

It started the most when I installed GSX on my pc.

I guess it means you were able to engage the AP before you installed GSX? I don't how this could be related but have you tried disabling/uninstalling GSX?

Also a picture of the MCP, upper overhead and main panel (PFD/ND/Upper EICAS) could help spotting something if it were to be a configuration issue.

If all the other buttons work, I would be surprise that it is an issue with the aircraft. Without knowing anything about your knowledge and experience with the aircraft, I would suspect a possible mistake or misconfiguration.

For a moment, I also thought of maybe the aircraft would be out of trim or your joystick not at neutral position but it would trigger the autopilot warning with aural alert.

On a side note, please be informed that PMDG requires all the posts to be signed with full names (first and last) in their forum rules.

Edited by Budbud

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

2 hours ago, Philipljung said:

By hand! Also, I can’t land ILS landings because of this. 

By the way, you can perfectly fly ILS approaches and land manually. You may mean you cannot perform autoland?

ILS approach and autoland are two different things.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Okay, yup I just found out I don’t know that much about the aircraft like I thought I did. I can send a picture of the overhead panel later on. Both flight directors are on but I do not know quite what mcp is... The only difference I can think of is that I tried to start engines from scratch this time (not cold&dark). I don’t think it’s the calibration on the yoke either tbh. Thank you for the help and I will send a picture later on.

10 minutes ago, Philipljung said:

what mcp is

MCP is the autopilot control panel (Mode Control Panel if I recall well).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

3 hours ago, Philipljung said:

I can’t engage the autopilot

In the real world if the aircraft is not in trim the autopilot will not engage. 🙂

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Also, when I press restart flight, the airplane spawns in what I would call a forced cold and dark. So what happens is that all the screens are black and I can’t press any knobs, switches or buttons. Neither can I use the yoke. But all of this happend when I installed fsx. So maybe my laptop is not strong enough, in that case I look forward to coming home to my gaming pc and play some fsx on that.