Sign in to follow this  
exstense

Error while updating ngx and 737

I would at least expect an apology from Dan to the OP, and he logged on 57 mins ago. I agree with Wise87, and has been turned around on us, not on Dan.

You have not even stated Kyle that you agree his comments were offensive. After all, consideration and politeness is one of the prerequisites for posting on the PMDG forum. I would expect the same for everybody regardless of status.

It is not what he said, it's how he said it.

I gather you have checked the "Database"?  Now that you have, maybe have a word with your colleague and remind him, he is not above the rules of Avsim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

On 7/28/2018 at 7:32 PM, downscc said:

I'll send you ten bucks if you can prove that is your real name or you are just a... well, what your name says you are.

Please send the $10 to Doctors Without Borders. https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/onetime.cfm (prove it to me -sarcasm-)

I think that @scandinavian13 has seen in the order information that my name is not fake.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, exstense said:

Please send the $10 to Doctors Without Borders. https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/onetime.cfm (prove it to me -sarcasm-)

I think that @scandinavian13 has seen in the order information that my name is not fake.

Done, please excuse my temporary lapse of multiculturalism.

• Like 2

Dan Downs KCRP

Okay. Well, let's close this topic. shall we?

Edited by exstense
changed 'subject' into 'topic'
  • Like 1

I am not going in to the name problematic, but rater the update problem. I also have the same problem.

The update contains a file in the pattern of "HEUR/APC(Cloud)" and the antivirusprogram move PMDG_updater.exe to the quarantine becuse of malware.. I dont know its a malware or not, but it stops the update from working.

I hope PMDG can work this out.

Keep up the good altitude..

Paul M

34 minutes ago, CaptnChaos said:

I hope PMDG can work this out.

This one isn't ours to work out.

Here's why:

34 minutes ago, CaptnChaos said:

The update contains a file in the pattern of "HEUR/APC(Cloud)" and the antivirusprogram move PMDG_updater.exe to the quarantine becuse of malware.. I dont know its a malware or not, but it stops the update from working.

Your antivirus program is sniffing around and - like an over-aggressive, but good cat - has gone out, killed a poor mouse, and has plopped it at your feet to say "look what I've done. I'm such a good cat. I've saved you AND given you dinner."

The only problem is that the mouse was your runner, and was off getting you the updates...

In plain terms, your AV program has seen the PMDG_Updater.exe as a trojan horse of sorts that gets downloaded to your machine and then downloads a bunch of other files from our server. In a malicious setting, yeah, a program that does that would be bad. In ours, however...not so much.

In other words: just because your AV program claims it's a virus doesn't mean it's a virus. It nuked the program that fetches and places your files, almost as if it had nuked an installer.

Kyle Rodgers

19 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

I would at least expect an apology from Dan to the OP, and he logged on 57 mins ago. I agree with Wise87, and has been turned around on us, not on Dan.

You have not even stated Kyle that you agree his comments were offensive. After all, consideration and politeness is one of the prerequisites for posting on the PMDG forum. I would expect the same for everybody regardless of status.

It is not what he said, it's how he said it.

I gather you have checked the "Database"?  Now that you have, maybe have a word with your colleague and remind him, he is not above the rules of Avsim.

Correct - Dan isn't, and neither are you. Sign your name to your posts and quit telling me how to do my job (rules 1 and 4) 😉

I don't have to report back to you about what I have or have not done, and what Dan and I have or have not discussed.

I stated earlier, that offense is given and never taken. I think that pretty well explains my viewpoints on the matter, and should explain to you why I didn't say anything further about agreeing with anyone about their choice to be offended by words (particularly those at which the words weren't directed). Don't even get me started on demanded/requested apologies (TL;DR: fastest way to lip service that sorts nothing)...

Kyle Rodgers