Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

ProATC/X flight plans compatible for aircraft?

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of using ProATC, but I'm getting used to other aircraft I've bought, such as the new Aerosoft Airbus Professional package. Can someone explain how to create flight paths that are compatible for both? I noticed ProATC is not listed in Simbrief, but Simbrief can do my plan for the Airbus. 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Gaz,

No worries with ProATCX flight planning...I usually copy the flight plan directly from either SimBrief (or Flightaware) into ProATCX during my flight planning...the ProATCX software will export flight plans to several popular 3rd party add-ons, including the AS Airbus.

Rob

Thanks Rob. How do you do that copy to get it into PROATC? It sounds like it's something that would take a while? Can't you get PROATC to do the flight plan automatically for you, then export to As Airbus? 

Thanks, Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

5 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks Rob. How do you do that copy to get it into PROATC? It sounds like it's something that would take a while? Can't you get PROATC to do the flight plan automatically for you, then export to As Airbus? 

Thanks, Gaz

Use Simbrief to make your flight plan. You can then copy and paste the FP into PATC, after you remove any Sids or Stars that Simbrief put in the plans before inserting into PATC. Simbrief downloader can also install the FP directly into the Aerosoft Airbus as well as many other aircraft . 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Thanks for that. When I do my 'trading' route, I do the following from EGNT - EGKK :

GIRL1T GIRLI UP18 POL MCT LISTO UL612 HON UN859 KIDLI ASTR2B

How do I tell what to remove if I want to remove the SIDs & STARs? 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Use the edit function in ProATCX route planner.

Remove it's route and paste in yours without the SID (GIRL1T) and STAR (ASTR2B).

eg EGNT DCT GIRLI UP18 POL MCT LISTO UL612 HON UN859 KIDLI EGKK.

ProATCX will then assign SID and STAR depending on runways in use.

Stewart 

Scotland, UK

17 minutes ago, srcraig said:

Remove it's route and paste in yours without the SID (GIRL1T) and STAR (ASTR2B).

Thanks, but in the plan I pasted in there, how did you know what was part of the SID? the breakdown for the beginning of the flight in Simbrief is as follows

• NEWCASTLE   N5502.3      ...  23   065         P025     
    EGNT       W00141.4 0000 ...       318  317               ....  ....

GIRL1T                       095   181  .45 201/037   03   6.1   0.3
    NTE05       N5504.8 0001 ...  26   180         P025  P07
    NTE05      W00131.9 0001 ...   6   312  317          327  ....  ....

GIRL1T                       145   212  .59 203/046  M05   6.0   0.4
    NTS12       N5458.5 0001 ...  31   210         M043  P09
    NTS12      W00131.9 0002 ...   6   306  338          327  ....  ....

LONDON FIR/UIR                                                      
    -EGTT       N5500.0 0000 ...
               W00130.5 0002 ...   0   306

GIRL1T                       225   192  .70 209/058  M22   5.7   0.7
    GIRLI       N5442.7 0004 ...  33   190         M058  P08
    GIRLI      W00148.2 0006 ...  18   288  378          327  ....  ....

UP18                         252   192  .74 209/062  M29   5.5   0.9
    TILNI       N5432.9 0002 ...  39   190         M059  P06
    TILNI      W00151.3 0008 ...  10   278  396          327  ....  ....

The only thing that splits GIRL1T from the rest was an entry saying LONDON FIR/UIR and - EGTT. 

In other words, this is from Simbrief, and how do I know what to remove in order to ensure the SID & STAR is removed - it's it just the first entry after the departure airport, or could there be more than one? 

Thanks, Gaz

Edited by Gary McCluskey

Gaz on Facebook

Sorry I use PFPX not Simbrief.

I store the PFPX route in P3D V4 which I import into my plane. In ProATCX I make a route then edit if not the same as PFPX. If not identical I edit the route and copy and paste in my PFPX route so they are the same removing the SID and Star as above ie all waypoints up to the end of the SID (GIRLI) and just put DCT (eg EGNT DCT GIRLI) instead. 

EGTT is not an airport therefore is not used in route planning.

ProATCX will then assign the SID before departure based on GIRLI and a STAR on descent based on KIDLI.

Hope that helps. 

Stewart 

Scotland, UK

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Use Simbrief to make your flight plan. You can then copy and paste the FP into PATC, after you remove any Sids or Stars that Simbrief put in the plans before inserting into PATC.

Hello Bob,

Is there any way, that you are aware of, to quickly identify if a particular route generated by Simbrief, contains any SIDs or STARs? I do realize I could visit various flight planning websites and check if a particular step in the flight plan is a SID/STAR, but just wondering if there might be a quicker way? Maybe a setting in Simbrief, or a setting in ProATC/X?

thx,

mike

Edited by orbmis

8 minutes ago, orbmis said:

Hello Bob,

Is there any way, that you are aware of, to quickly identify is a particular route generated by Simbrief, contains and SIDs or STARs? I do realize I could visit flight planning sites and check if a particular step in the flight plan is a SID/STAR, but just wondering if there might be a quicker way? Maybe a setting in Simbrief, or a setting in ProATC/X?

thx,

mike

The sid or star usually has 6 identifiers versus only 5  or less for a waypoint. Here are a sid and star IDEK5B SID
RILA1A STAR. The sid is he first item in the flight plan, and the star is the last item. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The sid or star usually has 6 identifiers versus only 5  or less for a waypoint

Brilliant, that answers my question! I'll give it a go. 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

3 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks for that. When I do my 'trading' route, I do the following from EGNT - EGKK :

GIRL1T GIRLI UP18 POL MCT LISTO UL612 HON UN859 KIDLI ASTR2B

How do I tell what to remove if I want to remove the SIDs & STARs? 

Gaz

Hi gaz 

Which airac are you using. Depends how realistic do you want to be? 

Reason I mention it is you wouldn't normally use the astra arrival.

Cheers 

14ppkc-6.png

14 minutes ago, tooting said:

Which airac are you using

I am signed up to Navigraph, and told Simbrief that - Simbrief then created the flight plan.  It was Simbrief that told me to use Astra, although the ATC had already taken me off the planned route and was guiding me to the airport.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The sid or star usually has 6 identifiers versus only 5  or less for a waypoint. Here are a sid and star IDEK5B SID
RILA1A STAR.

Hi Bob,,

Thanks for the unique tip! That may be the key to really facilitating the process of importing plans into ProATC/X from Simbrief.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

I'd go for this 

DCT NATEB DCT  TELBA L151 KIDLI  WILLO3B

Your city pair Newcastle to Gatwick isn't the best for a standard routing. 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png