Sign in to follow this  
AvaP

Unable to Save FMC Senario Data in the latest version of 737NGX

Hi,

I have just upgraded my PMDG737 800/900 NGX to the version 1.20.8869 (the latest version), but I realized that I can no longer save my scenario progress data when I want to pause and pick it up later at another time. There was no problem like this before. Once I reload my saved progress again, the other setting (overhead panel, comm setting etc.) remain but all the FMC data are gone. A screenshot of this problem looks like this (this show how it looks like after I reload the saved scenario): 

Prepar3DScreenshot_zps4hc45lvj.jpg

From the screenshot, you can see that most of the setting has been successfully loaded (The PFD, ND lights up) while the FMC is empty and there are some weird numbers show up above the engine N1 indicator (the red circle). I have lost so many progress, which would be saved in the previous version. The FMC has been fully configured and I was preparing push back when I saved the progress, but it is now empty. I have tested a couple of times and the FMC information is never saved, the issue happened every single time.  

Please help. I am currently running P3D v4.3 and using default scenery. 

Philip Chen

3 hours ago, AvaP said:

Hi,

I have just upgraded my PMDG737 800/900 NGX to the version 1.20.8869 (the latest version), but I realized that I can no longer save my scenario progress data when I want to pause and pick it up later at another time. There was no problem like this before. Once I reload my saved progress again, the other setting (overhead panel, comm setting etc.) remain but all the FMC data are gone. A screenshot of this problem looks like this (this show how it looks like after I reload the saved scenario): 

Prepar3DScreenshot_zps4hc45lvj.jpg

From the screenshot, you can see that most of the setting has been successfully loaded (The PFD, ND lights up) while the FMC is empty and there are some weird numbers show up above the engine N1 indicator (the red circle). I have lost so many progress, which would be saved in the previous version. The FMC has been fully configured and I was preparing push back when I saved the progress, but it is now empty. I have tested a couple of times and the FMC information is never saved, the issue happened every single time.  

Please help. I am currently running P3D v4.3 and using default scenery. 

Philip Chen

How do you save and load?

If you save with the default Sim command and then reload immdiatelly such thinks can happen. In such cases you need to close the sim and restart it.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I have the same issue. I load the saved scenario after reloading P3Dv4.3. In addition to the weird numbers in the upper EICAS I also get repeated voice call out "v2" from the sim.

CDU's are empty and not showing the data set before saving the scenario.

I believe your guys need to go back to the development PCs and fix this.

5 minutes ago, nas123 said:

I have the same issue. I load the saved scenario after reloading P3Dv4.3. In addition to the weird numbers in the upper EICAS I also get repeated voice call out "v2" from the sim.

CDU's are empty and not showing the data set before saving the scenario.

I believe your guys need to go back to the development PCs and fix this.

Please sign your posts with your real name first and last as per forum ruels.

I have reproduced this and have already notified the development team

Chris Makris

5 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

How do you save and load?

If you save with the default Sim command and then reload immdiatelly such thinks can happen. In such cases you need to close the sim and restart it.

Thanks for reproducing the error. I have waited a long time (8 hours) before I restart the Sim, it still doesn't solve the problem. Please let me know how that problem will be resolved. It is a must-have function for me. Thanks! 

Philip Chen

6 minutes ago, AvaP said:

Thanks for reproducing the error. I have waited a long time (8 hours) before I restart the Sim, it still doesn't solve the problem. Please let me know how that problem will be resolved. It is a must-have function for me. Thanks! 

Philip Chen

The problem will be resolved in a next update. As I wrote the development team knows about it and works to solve it.

Chris Makris

1 minute ago, Olympic260 said:

The problem will be resolved in a next update. As I wrote the development team knows about it and works to solve it.

No Problem, Sir. I really appreciate your help.