Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

REX Worldwide ARPTS HD TO BE released

Morning:

Per their forum:

"REX WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD - STATUS UPDATE: PRE-DEPLOYMENT PHASE

7/28/2018 -

We are VERY excited to announce that we will be releasing Worldwide Airports Technical Update 3 on Wednesday, August 1st.  This will be a mandatory update for all users of Worldwide Airports.  This update will include the compatibility fix for P3D v4 +.

The official fix list will be released on Monday.

For more direct discussion follow us on our dedicated discord channel:  https://discord.gg/2BvRRda"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Excellent news.

Ian S

38.jpg

I've been using this as part of the Insider Program for the past couple weeks.  I have found renewed interest flying into some default airports which I usually never do (at least not since the last version of this was out in V3).  It's quite fascinating and a treat to see 50-60 fps on final approach!😄  The textures do look nice as well, especially at night. Great add-on for those that still like to use the default airports every once in a while.

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

I've been using this as part of the Insider Program for the past couple weeks.  I have found renewed interest flying into some default airports which I usually never do (at least not since the last version of this was out in V3).  It's quite fascinating and a treat to see 50-60 fps on final approach!😄  The textures do look nice as well, especially at night. Great add-on for those that still like to use the default airports every once in a while.

Good to hear!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Will this update also work in P3D version 3.4?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Will this update also work in P3D version 3.4?

Bob - This newest version is V4 compatible and the existing version works fine in V3. You should be able to install to either version of P3D  I have not noticed any difference in the overall visual quality of the textures vs. the V3 version but I know they had to completely redo them for V4.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Looking forward to this update been a long time coming

jeff storey

3 hours ago, jstorey20 said:

Looking forward to this update been a long time coming

Yeah, about 15 months now. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I see KDCA airport pack is in development too.

Has anyone got a link to the change log? Rex's "wonderfully simple to navigate" site is proving difficult for me. I suppose what I'm really asking is if it's anything more than just a v4 compatibility update.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

The P3d4 service pack is now available. Run the app and it will start to download the SP. It's 8.5 GB!

I went into the app, and it installed a Hotfix/ I am not sure this is the update. Now it is installing KSLC airport.    I had to register the app again so make sure you have your receipt or you are out of luck. I had to  reinstall all my settings, at least I hope that is what happened. Sorry I bothered with this, it was fine before. Now I see on the link above there is a whole file that is telling me I need to unistall Rex HD Airports and reinstall it. This entire process is as clear as mud, . 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Well there forums say it shouldn't be released until tomorrow.

But I did read the instructions in the link provided by Bill and can't say I understand.  Is the download a full install?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home