Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

REX Worldwide ARPTS HD TO BE released

12 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Is the download a full install?

That's how I read it. Downloading now. Going to uninstall current and install new installer. File name: rexwwa_20180725.zip. (8.5 GB) The final installed build should be:  5.1.2018.0725

Edited by Bills511

Cool.  I'll download after I land.  Flying the Dash 8 right now.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

3 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Well there forums say it shouldn't be released until tomorrow.

But I did read the instructions in the link provided by Bill and can't say I understand.  Is the download a full install?

When I first opened the Rex HD aiport tonight it said I needed to install a hotfix 1, which I did. After I did that, I had to reregister the program with serial number, name, etc. That only took a few minutes. Then I looked at the Technical update link, and it gave the this info after you install the update. ( The final installed build should be:  5.1.2018.072)  Well I looked, and I still had a version that was installed in 2016, so the hotfix apparently has nothing to do with this update. Now I am downloading the complete update which is 8.1 Gigs, and at the rate it is downloading, It should be complete by tomorrow morning. I looked at the change log, and if you don't have P3D version4, the fixes look pretty minimal. Not sure I noticed any of these issues with my P3D version 3.4 , so I may just pass on installing this new version. 

FIX ITEMS

Fixed - Theme saved without theme name validation during theme creation.

Fixed - Clicking Airline hangar Install Now button caused all other textures to fail to install

Fixed - Fuel truck sound missing in P3D v4.0, 4.1, 4.2

Fixed - Original model sounds not restoring

Fixed - Medium hangar texture not installing when clicking Install Now button

Fixed - Autostart of flight sim after theme installed

Fixed - Wording of popup window during backup process of the original flight simulator files.

Fixed - Thank you window registration process not showing.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hmmm...So if I understand:

-Uninstall REX

-Download link from Bill's page and install.

-Download and install hotfix 1

-But where did you get the "complete update"?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Oh, and did you download and install creative update 1 and technical update 2?

Aaron Ortega

I downloaded from the link and my version is 5.1.2018.0725.

Did not install anything other than what was from the link. Kinda confused...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

if you bought it from the REX shop just download the new version .copy your serial number and paste when asked for it.took me about 10mins from start to finish.looks great and makes default airports look really nice.

steve

Can this new Rex Worldwide Apts software be installed in another drive other than that where P3D is located?

Edmundo Azevedo

35 minutes ago, ega said:

Can this new Rex Worldwide Apts software be installed in another drive other than that where P3D is located?

There was no problem installing on a separate drive previously.  Mine was.  Don't know if they changed installers.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

3 hours ago, steve howlett said:

if you bought it from the REX shop just download the new version .copy your serial number and paste when asked for it.took me about 10mins from start to finish.looks great and makes default airports look really nice.

steve

My guess is if it only took you 10 minutes, you don't have the new version installed. Took me many hours to download the update. Anyway, looking at it this morning, it looks like it is 99% for P3D V4. If you had it set up before update, might be a good idea to copy all your preset settings down, if you liked what you had, because they will all disappear. I'm not convinced that it is worth the trouble to install the update for P3D V3. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, georgio1952 said:

Awesome ( version : v5.1.2018.0725 ) it took me three minutes to download and install the program

How can you download 8Gbs in 3 minutes? 

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How can you download 8Gbs in 3 minutes? 

I downloaded it through REX File Transfer Manager ...

George

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

My guess is if it only took you 10 minutes, you don't have the new version installed. Took me many hours to download the update. Anyway, looking at it this morning, it looks like it is 99% for P3D V4. If you had it set up before update, might be a good idea to copy all your preset settings down, if you liked what you had, because they will all disappear. I'm not convinced that it is worth the trouble to install the update for P3D V3. 

Hey bob.it was quick.i do have a 150mb cable connection which ran 3 downloads at a time.it was a new version that was p3d v4 compatible.i had a  quick look at a default airport inside v4 and it seems to have worked.

steve

6 minutes ago, steve howlett said:

Hey bob.it was quick.i do have a 150mb cable connection which ran 3 downloads at a time.it was a new version that was p3d v4 compatible.i had a  quick look at a default airport inside v4 and it seems to have worked.

steve

Guess I need to get a new ISP. 😉