Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

REX Worldwide ARPTS HD TO BE released

After downloading this new version for P3D v4, I find that it works no better and no worse

than the previous version did in P4D v4. I am also surprised at the installer that requires registration details

before it will run and then the same registration details before the program will run.

I can see no difference at all and even the promised control tower replacement textures are not there.

32 minutes ago, nolonger said:

After downloading this new version for P3D v4, I find that it works no better and no worse

than the previous version did in P4D v4. I am also surprised at the installer that requires registration details

before it will run and then the same registration details before the program will run.

I can see no difference at all and even the promised control tower replacement textures are not there.

I noted that about the additional registration as well.  Also, while it looks good, I don't see a big difference between the older version.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 hour ago, nolonger said:

LOL, pretty typical from Rex to over promise and blow deadlines, not surprised tbh.

EDIT: I'm reading in their forums that their over promises weren't really accomplished and they've only made the software usable in P3D4. What a crock.. I thought that the 15 months that it took to make this ready was mainly caused by all of these new textures.. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

54 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

LOL, pretty typical from Rex to over promise and blow deadlines, not surprised tbh.

EDIT: I'm reading in their forums that their over promises weren't really accomplished and they've only made the software usable in P3D4. What a crock.. I thought that the 15 months that it took to make this ready was mainly caused by all of these new textures.. 

Ok so its a compatibility update and they didnt really do anything.  Ill pass, they should consider a new software development team....

56 minutes ago, bgpearce01 said:

Ok so its a compatibility update and they didnt really do anything.  Ill pass, they should consider a new software development team....

I am leaving well enough alone too. Old version works fine. Not fixing it until it breaks. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, nolonger said:

That is false information, we never promised control tower replacement in this build.  We have clearly stated that Technical Update 3 was specifically focused on updating the textures for Prepar3D v4.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

We have always communicated that this was a Technical Update. Meaning fixes and updates to the textures to support P3D v4.  Again we did not HYPE anything here and this accusations need to stop. 

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

1 hour ago, bgpearce01 said:

Again we have always communicated this was a update for support for P3D v4.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

3 hours ago, Drumcode said:

They're claiming they've improved the textures and added more which is why it only took 15 months. Really curious to hear opinions of previous users like Bob to hear honest opinion.

NO that was not the claim.  We have clearly communicated that we were focused on updating the textures to support P3D v4.  We had to make changes because the old textures would have looked washed out.  We had to manually update 15gigs of textures. That doesn't happen over night.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I seriously don't feel like digging and finding one of the posts claiming that new textures would be part of the release for v4, but if I find some time, I will. I also feel like your communication in relation to updates, technical updates or any sort of other silly updates is confusing, I think not only to me but others too. 
I'm glad this thing is finally here.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just now, Drumcode said:

I seriously don't feel like digging and finding one of the posts claiming that new textures would be part of the release for v4, but if I find some time and I will. I also feel like your communication in relation to updates, technical updates or any sort of other silly updates is confusing, I think not only to me but others too. 

I think it would have been very simple to put on the page where this update is posted, that it is an update for P3D V 4 users. Not everyone is using V4, and to make everyone download 8Gigs of files, when it is not necessary, is not an ideal situation. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think it would have been very simple to put on the page where this update is posted, that it is an update for P3D V 4 users. Not everyone is using V4, and to make everyone download 8Gigs of files, when it is not necessary, is not an ideal situation. 

No one is requiring a user to install the update if they don't need it.  However, we strongly recommend it because we also have fixed some issues we found from previous tests.  They are not show stopping issues, but items that needed to be repaired.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

46 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I seriously don't feel like digging and finding one of the posts claiming that new textures would be part of the release for v4, but if I find some time, I will. I also feel like your communication in relation to updates, technical updates or any sort of other silly updates is confusing, I think not only to me but others too. 

I think you are confusing announcements made about upcoming updates.  These were announcements made while we were at the FSExpo show.  These are all future updates, but were not apart of Technical Update 3.

In regards to naming conventions for updates we have purposely tried to isolate the specifics into simple terms:

Technical Updates = code fixes and related issues

Creative Updates = major upgrades and new enhancements

We felt that just using hotfix, upgrades, updates were not descriptive enough.  But I guess we can't please everyone.

Edited by rstough

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

10 minutes ago, rstough said:

No one is requiring a user to install the update if they don't need it.  However, we strongly recommend it because we also have fixed some issues we found from previous tests.  They are not show stopping issues, but items that needed to be repaired.

This is what it says when starting Airport HD App, on large white letters on a Red Background:

" You Need to update to Version 5.1.2018.0724. Click OK to update your version of Rex Worldwide Airports HD".  That to me sounds like it is something that has to be done. I seriously doubt for the 4-5 minor issues that are fixed for other than P3D V4 users, would need 8 Gigs of texture files to fix those minor issues, Probably a very small hotfix would have worked for non V4 users. 

Edited by Bobsk8

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

This is what it says when starting Airport HD App, on large white letters on a Red Background:

" You Need to update to Version 5.1.2018.0724. Click OK to update your version of Rex Worldwide Airports HD".  That to me sounds like it is something that has to be done. I seriously doubt for the 4-5 minor issues that are fixed for other than P3D V4 users, would need 8 Gigs of texture files to fix those minor issues, Probably a very small hotfix would have worked for non V4 users. 

Trying to maintain two versions or even more separate versions for each flight sim would end up being a nightmare to control as time went on in development.  Again the choice is yours in the end.

Edited by rstough

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com