Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

REX Worldwide ARPTS HD TO BE released

1 hour ago, rstough said:

That is false information, we never promised control tower replacement in this build.  We have clearly stated that Technical Update 3 was specifically focused on updating the textures for Prepar3D v4.

One of the very first observations made when you released this product was that the control tower textures did not look good with the new textures and the reply was that replacement textures for control towers would be included in a future update.

This is a future update and it does not contain replacement textures for the control towers.

Clearly it is not the future update that was referred to in the original answer but to assume that it might be after all this time is not unreasonable.

I see no difference between this update and the original product which I have been using successfully with P3D v4 since it was released.

The "updated" textures do not look in any way different and there is no discernible difference in performance.

Perhaps you can explain what the texture updates consist of?

Perhaps you can now clarify if or when the control tower replacement textures will be included in this product so that this topic can be referenced in the event of there being another update that does not include them.

Edited by nolonger

13 minutes ago, nolonger said:

One of the very first observations made when you released this product was that the control tower textures did not look good with the new textures and the reply was that replacement textures for control towers would be included in a future update.

This is a future update and it does not contain replacement textures for the control towers.

Clearly it is not the future update that was referred to in the original answer but to assume that it might be after all this time is not unreasonable.

I see no difference between this update and the original product which I have been using successfully with P3D v4 since it was released.

Perhaps you can now clarify if or when the control tower replacement textures will be included in this product so that this topic can be referenced in the event of there being another update that does not include them.

Control towers has been discussed about being updated. I remember that conversation with several users.  Stating it will be included in a future update did not mean it meant this update.  We have made several updates since the original release.  Just like those updates we didn't promise control tower updates either.

The focus as stated before has been to update the textures for P3D v4.

There have been major changes to the P3Dv4 textures.  The original textures during our initial tests were very washed out.  Especially, the specular graphics.  This fix and others were fixed in this update.  If that original version worked fine for you then that is great, but we definitely saw issues so hence the update.

Edited by rstough

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I have never owned this product before but, I have been seeing claims of a new world coming off and own and was thinking it my be a good purchase when released. At least from my limited perspective it sure looked like it was being hyped as much more than changing some textures. This whole thing does start to look a bit shakey to me. To be fair...I will admit that I have never really been a real supporter of Rex mostly because of their hype or at least what seemed to be hype IMHO.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I must have been reading completely different discussions over the last year than what is being characterized by a few folks in here.  I bought the product just a few weeks before P3Dv4 released, and was disappointed that it wouldn't carry over from P3Dv3 when I upgraded.  I am happy to see that the long-awaited update is released.

All I wanted/expected was exactly this--the product I bought, working in P3Dv4 much as it did in v3. 

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Has anyone been able to download this product?  I'm looking at next Wednesday to complete my downloads.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Just now, bean_sprout said:

Has anyone been able to download this product?  I'm looking at next Wednesday to complete my downloads.

Regards

bs

Yup...averaged >5 Mb/s from Simmarket.

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 minute ago, shivers9 said:

I have never owned this product before but, I have been seeing claims of a new world coming off and own and was thinking it my be a good purchase when released. At least from my limited perspective it sure looked like it was being hyped as much more than changing some textures. This whole thing does start to look a bit shakey to me. To be fair...I will admit that I have never really been a real supporter of Rex mostly because of their hype or at least what seemed to be hype IMHO.

The website clearly defines what the product does as well as the images:  http://www.rexworldwideairports.com/

On the website it says what it is:

"Global Airport Graphic and Model Enhancement"

REX Worldwide Airports HD is an extensive photoreal global airport graphics package created from real-world airport structures and supporting environments. These environments were authored from high resolution photography all around the world from real-world counterparts, and will customize and transform over 24,000+ airports within the simulator. Highly detailed 3D airport ground vehicle models included! For use with FSX, FSX:Steam and Prepar3D. 

We replace all the textures of the default airports (except the enhanced airports which is about 24 that Aces Studios customized) with better textures.  We have also updated the models for the key airport vehicles which is about 5 total for now.  

We have gone to great lengths over the past several months to try to dispel myths and mis-information spread through out the web.  We even created a Discord channel where people can ask direct questions of the developers.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

3 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Regards

bs

You can also download here the full version: https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49207-rex-worldwide-airports-hd-technical-update-3/

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

2 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Yup...averaged >5 Mb/s from Simmarket.

Yep, simmarket pretty much sucks. As much as they make you figured they invest in bandwidth.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Yep, simmarket pretty much sucks. As much as they make you figured they invest in bandwidth.

5 megs per sec sucks in what universe?   8.5 GB in under 24 minutes works for me...

29 minutes ago, w6kd said:

5 megs per sec sucks in what universe?   8.5 GB in under 24 minutes works for me...

I responded to the less than comment. And Simmarket is know for poor bandwidth. I have 1gig fiber and can download 8.5 gig in a few minutes but on simmarket it would take hours some days. It's never constant. I downloaded from the link above and I downloaded the full 8.5gb in less than 4 minutes with an average of 50 Mbs. So yes, for me 5 megs per sec sucks.

https://prnt.sc/kdlajw

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

35 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

It's an excellent product in my opinion and really dresses up P3D. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It's an excellent product in my opinion and really dresses up P3D. 

Thank you for your kind words.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Thanks REX good to have it back in P3D v4!  Love it.

Darcy

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I responded to the less than comment.

Stay awake in math class next time. ">" is the Greater Than symbol.  "<" is Less Than. If either one has a horizontal line under it, then add "or equal to".  😧

And I'm with Bob.  5mb/second should be plenty fast download speed for anybody not engaged in life and death or business situations like running the stock market.  If you can't get 5mb download speeds nowadays, you either live in a remote area that doesn't have access to it, or your ISP is throttling your Internet connection at high-peak times during the day (or just flat out lying to you about their service speeds), or you are refusing to pay for a higher speed service that is available.  I got a steady 13.5mb/second when I downloaded the file from the REX forum this morning, and I live in a major metropolitan area.  Took less than 10 minutes for me to get the 8.5gb file.  So it isn't REX's fault.  They will pump it to you fast enough if your end can handle it. 

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan