Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

REX Worldwide ARPTS HD TO BE released

13 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

Stay awake in math class next time. ">" is the Greater Than symbol.  "<" is Less Than. If either one has a horizontal line under it, then add "or equal to".  😧

My bad. I'll admit I screwed up, you got me but the speed still sucks compared to my average 50mbs download. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

12 minutes ago, Darcy said:

Thanks REX good to have it back in P3D v4!  Love it.

Darcy

Thank you Darcy for your kind words.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

15 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

...but the speed still sucks compared to my average 50mbs download. 

Yeah, but I had time to have a cup of coffee and a bowl of morning oatmeal during my download.  At 50mbs, you didn't have time to even take a morning dump.  So it's all relative.   😂😂

(PS - I just got back home from 3 hours in my dentist's chair.  And the pain meds are still very active.  And I have chipmunk cheeks and a numb nose.  So don't take anything personally.  I'm still seeing pretty colors.....)

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Go with the flow FalconAF, perfect opportunity to really test those hand flying skills bringing a 747 into St. Marteen manually....

Mark

10 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I've used this addon for a long time and am glad to have it back again for the current version of P3D.  But, I've always hoped for a "random" feature so that different textures could be loaded with each flight without having to chose a different theme.

+1

I would definitely appreciate a random texture feature also (like Skyforce).

• Like 1

I thought I saw it mentioned that there were going to be new textures and that was why it was taking so long. Maybe that's a false  memory. Regardless, I can go to default airports now and there was no additional fee. 

Thanks.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I love this add-on; it is a must have and I have noticed an improvement in v4 airport ground textures and gates that did not work well in the last version with v4.  The airport vehicles are better now too.  One day new control towers I hope!

Edited by simon747

Simon

8 hours ago, w6kd said:

I must have been reading completely different discussions over the last year than what is being characterized by a few folks in here.  I bought the product just a few weeks before P3Dv4 released, and was disappointed that it wouldn't carry over from P3Dv3 when I upgraded.  I am happy to see that the long-awaited update is released.All I wanted/expected was exactly this--the product I bought, working in P3Dv4 much as it did in v3. 

Hello,

Here is how the original product could be installed into P3D v4.

image.jpg

Here are two shots comparing the old with the new.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by nolonger

10 hours ago, rstough said:

NO that was not the claim.  We have clearly communicated that we were focused on updating the textures to support P3D v4.  We had to make changes because the old textures would have looked washed out.  We had to manually update 15gigs of textures. That doesn't happen over night.

Reed,

Im sure I can say on behalf on many, that there is appreciation for this work by the team. Everyone jumps on here ready to tear apart, with very negative comments. This is not just for REX, but many devs. I imagine it must be very difficult to stay positive.  

Seems very clear to me its a Technical update with the fixes and compatibility listed.  No where else does the update page mention about tower control yet. Now I can have it working again in p3dv4 finally and have a little more life and modernization to the 10 year old default airports. Thanks for the work

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Hello,

I asked the question about the control tower textures and it has been answered.

I explain and demonstrate in the post above yours that the textures worked in P3D v4

from the start, so well in fact that as illustrated in the two screen shots, it is almost

impossible to distinguish between the 2016 and 2018 versions.

The product does indeed do exactly what it says it will do and does it very well.

I do not see one post in this topic that denies that.

Edited by nolonger

I’m happy to have this back in v4

default airports look much better and the best part for me is the well matched  selection of airport surface textures which look far better than the ones in Rex TD. 

Edited by GHarrall

21 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I've used this addon for a long time and am glad to have it back again for the current version of P3D.  But, I've always hoped for a "random" feature so that different textures could be loaded with each flight without having to chose a different theme.

That would be a nice addition to the feature set for the module. It would surely make it easier, rather than going in and selecting a new theme. 

But I am not sure of the process the program has to take, in order to change a theme. Does it have to change all the building textures within P3D each time a new theme is selected? Does the program stay resident, similar to a weather app, or does it change the textures, and then unloads? If so, then the random feature would be tricky as the program is not always running.

Maybe Reed can chime in on this re: the viability of such a change. As part of that, how does REX's addon pack for Salt Lake City work? Is it simply another theme that needs to be selected?

Mike

sorry delete this post.

Edited by djbully

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

7 hours ago, nolonger said:

Here is how the original product could be installed into P3D v4.

Just because it could be installed doesn't mean it worked correctly...I have a pretty large number of airports for FSX that installed just fine into P3D, but which have lighting anomalies, texture bleed-through, brightness issues, missing ground polys etc etc in P3D.  They installed without error, yessirree, but they didn't work right.

REX said that there were significant problems with WWA HD in P3Dv4 and an update would be made to fix that.  Why would they tell us that there were big problems with it if there weren't?  Yup, I'm sure that some of the textures probably looked OK (perhaps only in daytime, though), but it sure seems against REX's self-interest to tell folks that their last version didn't work right with v4 if it did, and then to put in a bunch of work correcting it in the meantime.

Anyway, it's here now, buffed up to work right with v4.  It'll be good to have some of the less-travelled default airports available for cargo ops.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

As you wish, it's your forum.

Edited by nolonger