Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

REX Worldwide ARPTS HD TO BE released

I really liked the original, made a big difference. Looking forward to trying the update but having registration issues. I opened a ticket so just waiting to get it squared away.

I think some of our users are getting a little testy on this and I suggest it is uncalled for. The REX team has released an update - they should not have to spend their time here defending why it took so long. As with ANY product from ANY developer - some will like it and some will not - if need be state your opinion and move on - this is not a let's bash REX thread.

Vic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

I really liked the original, made a big difference. Looking forward to trying the update but having registration issues. I opened a ticket so just waiting to get it squared away.

I think some of our users are getting a little testy on this and I suggest it is uncalled for. The REX team has released an update - they should not have to spend their time here defending why it took so long. As with ANY product from ANY developer - some will like it and some will not - if need be state your opinion and move on - this is not a let's bash REX thread.

Vic

Type in the serial instead of pasting it in.

Also on the "bashing" - if you're a company serving rapidly growing simulation community (or any other community for that matter) you should expect criticism and being called out on if you either promise and don't deliver or released a buggy product to the market (QW787, UTL and so on) I like REX, own a bunch of their products and will most likely buy them in the future too, but if I don't like what I'm seeing, I will say something. I've been around a hobby long enough and seen enough bs to voice my opinion if I want to. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I'm not with the payware airports, that's why I think this is one of the best addon for me..good job REX..

• Like 1

I have a good number of payware airports, but this add-on spruces up the rest and is definitely worth the money. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I have a good number of payware airports, but this add-on spruces up the rest and is definitely worth the money. 

Right - I'm not sure how many airports are in P3D, I think that FSX had over 24,000.  I certainly cannot afford payware airport scenery for all of those, even if they were all available!  

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

Right - I'm not sure how many airports are in P3D, I think that FSX had over 24,000.  I certainly cannot afford payware airport scenery for all of those, even if they were all available!  

Let's say you could get them for $5 an airport. That would be around around $120,000...  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Installed product and went to my favorite non-ORBX airport - KMSO Missoula and am quite happy.  Good $30 package.  Keep them coming REX.

Regards
bs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Got my registration squared away and installed HDA. Had forgotten how good it made the airports look. It was worth the wait, IMHO.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

46 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Got my registration squared away and installed HDA. Had forgotten how good it made the airports look. It was worth the wait, IMHO.

Hi Vic,, 

Question on WWA HD,,, is the process create a theme, load the theme (replace the building textures, jetways, etc.), then shutdown, until the next time you wish to change to a different theme, or create a new one? Or is it part of the normal process when you fly, I.e. you have to start up WWA, then start P3D, etc.

seems like you’ve given it your stamp of approval, so certainly worth exploring further.

mike

14 minutes ago, orbmis said:

Hi Vic,, 

Question on WWA HD,,, is the process create a theme, load the theme (replace the building textures, jetways, etc.), then shutdown, until the next time you wish to change to a different theme, or create a new one? Or is it part of the normal process when you fly, I.e. you have to start up WWA, then start P3D, etc.

seems like you’ve given it your stamp of approval, so certainly worth exploring further.

mike

You select the profile you want, picking out all the textures for buildings, runways, etc, and then one click loads those textures into P3D. They stay there until you decide to make another set or load one you have previously saved, , and load that in. I just made a couple of sets, and every month or two, I change them. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

46 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You select the profile you want, picking out all the textures for buildings, runways, etc, and then one click loads those textures into P3D. They stay there until you decide to make another set or load one you have previously saved, , and load that in. I just made a couple of sets, and every month or two, I change them. 

So WWA doesn’t have to be loaded/open at the time P3D is launched/running?

mike

26 minutes ago, orbmis said:

So WWA doesn’t have to be loaded/open at the time P3D is launched/running?

mike

Nope. Only when you want to make changes.

Vic

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

That's a really good idea!

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Hi everyone,

I have two questions for the experienced Rex Airports HD please.

1. Can you exclude payware add on airports such as FSDT airports?

2. Can it be easily uninstalled? 

Thank you in advance!

Bob