Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Concorde - ARNZ AI model

Some while back a pretty good AI Concorde model was created by a gentlemen in New Zealand, Jon Murchison. Anyway, there had been a problem with the plane disappearing once it landed. A fix came out for it but that didn't seem to work. The plane flies great, makes a great approach and perfect landing, but then vanishes. Tried it at various airports with same result.Is there a fix for this that works?I'd really like to have it as part of my AI world.Thanks

I,ve never heard of AI aircraft disappearing immediately after landing as a result of something being wrong with the aircraft itself. However the standard reason for this phenomenon is, as far as I know, almost always that there is no free parking position or one without the correct dimensions, available on the airports concerned at the moment of landing.Use the AFCAD program to create more parking or gate positions. It's also possible that there are errors in existing AFCAD information. See the specific help topics concerning this issue within the AFCAD program.Hope this helps.Hans

This plane had an inherrent problem of disappearing. It is not the parking. I've tried several airports where all kinds of planes were landing fine. There was even a 'fix' put out for it, but that doesn't do anything either.

I've been using the AI Concorde by Jon Murchison with the file name AISAICON.zip, uploaded into the library on 5 Sept 2003, without any problems for years now. It does everything as was expected. I havn't tried any later or other versions though.RegardsHans

This is just too weird. I downloaded it again and she behaves beautifully. There was all this stuff about it disappearing off the runway and there was a fix file for it. Just wondering if that was for FS2002. Well, anyway, many thanks!

Yep, I agree that strange things can happen sometimes. However, I downloaded your version inwhich something was written about the Concorde's disappearing act somehow being solved and am now waiting for the thing to actually land at one of my destination airports but "go arounds" have been spoiling everything uptill now. What I have seen though is that this Concorde seems to be very unstable at landing speeds. It wobbles from side to side.Do you see this also ?Hans

>Yep, I agree that strange things can happen sometimes.>However, I downloaded your version inwhich something was>written about the Concorde's disappearing act somehow being>solved and am now waiting for the thing to actually land at>one of my destination airports but "go arounds" have been>spoiling everything uptill now. What I have seen though is>that this Concorde seems to be very unstable at landing>speeds. It wobbles from side to side.>Do you see this also ?>>HansCan't say that I did. I've only tested it at Washington Dulles. Maybe the wind had something to do with it? My winds were light at 4 knts at the time. I thought she made a pretty good landing and a pretty quick deceleration. She actually turned off at the 2nd runway exit. I'll look at her at KJFK and KMIA as well.

I copied the concorde.air file from my "old" AI Concorde to the new one and that seems to have cured the wobbles.After a lot of patience I at last was able to watch the "New" AI Concorde landing which it did quite normally ... like the old one has been doing for so long.Lets now try to find a new problem.CheersHans