Sign in to follow this  
Adam_WMids_UK

Runway Number Updater Terminates NO ERROR

Hi all

I used VoxATC Runway Number Updater (RNU) sucessfully for years. A short while ago it stopped working. I am often installing new scenery and aircraft (payware only) and put it down to that.

When P3Dv4.3 was released I decided to go for a complete blitz of my system and reinstalled everything. I hoped this would fix the RNU.

I have up to date AIRAC from Navigraph and when I run RNU it starts scanning the airports and then after a minute or two just closes. The window vanishes and no error message is given. 

I have no idea of how to even start diagnosing this. I DO have all Orbx global vector scenery installed as well as all regions with the exception of trueearth Amsterdam. Was just wondering if it could be sheer quantity of scenery?

Any pointers would be gratefully recieved!

Cheers

Adam

2 hours ago, addsbox said:

Hi all

I used VoxATC Runway Number Updater (RNU) sucessfully for years. A short while ago it stopped working. I am often installing new scenery and aircraft (payware only) and put it down to that.

When P3Dv4.3 was released I decided to go for a complete blitz of my system and reinstalled everything. I hoped this would fix the RNU.

I have up to date AIRAC from Navigraph and when I run RNU it starts scanning the airports and then after a minute or two just closes. The window vanishes and no error message is given. 

I have no idea of how to even start diagnosing this. I DO have all Orbx global vector scenery installed as well as all regions with the exception of trueearth Amsterdam. Was just wondering if it could be sheer quantity of scenery?

Cheers

Adam

Are you by any chance using fsAerodata?

Hi Mad_Mac

No... not using fsAerodata. I HAVE installed the FSL A320 which asks you to update the Magvar data with 3rd party software BUT (thinking this may have triggered the issue last time I installed the A320) I declined to install the Magvar update this time when I reinstalled everything including P3D (i.e. since purging all flight sim data and starting over).

I forgot to add I am using Voxatc v7.41

Cheers

Adam

21 hours ago, addsbox said:

Hi all

Cheers

Adam

The only problem I’ve ever had with the runway updated, similar to what you described is when I installed fsAerodata. I’ve since discovered that if I disable fsAerodata before installing a Navigraph update, run the updater, then update and enable fsAerodata, everything works great. I use a number of 3rd party airports and scenery, so I don’t believe sheer quantity is your problem.  More likely something you added or changed since the last cycle. I’m better with procedures than with the nitty gritty workings of VoxATC. Hopefully somebody like Jabloom will chime in. Good Luck!

That's correct. For some reason, having fsaerodata active messes up the Runway Updater. But then again, the Runway Updater only corrects the numbers spoken and understood by VOXATC. fsaerodata also does the same thing, since the most recent Navigraph AIRAC has the correct runway numbers. So I'm not sure what the Runway Updater even does, if fsaerodata is installed. Whether the FSL Magvar update would have some bearing on this (no pun intended) is something that should be raised with FSL support.

Edited by jabloomf1230

Thanks for both of your inputs guys.

I wonder if duplicate bgls for scenery is the issue here.

I have addon airports from both Orbx England region and also UK2000 and there is also a bgl supplied by Just Flight's Traffic Global to add extra stands to the default airports in the sim. I THOUGHT I had disabled/removed duplicates I didn't want, but may have missed something. This theory would fit in with the issue with fsaerodata as if the RNU simply scans bglsthen it would find duplicates in the fsaerodata bgls and installed airports.

I have looked for a tool to search for duplicate afcads but can't find one. Simple Airport Scanner from Jon Masterson is not P3Dv4 compatible.

I'm going to give fsaerodata a whirl and see if that helps at all... esp. after having had fun today trying to tune the ILS at EGHQ only to find the sim freq was incorrect! If I find a solution I'll update here.

Regards

Adam