Just to start this off - I have contacted the manufacturer (MFG) about this issue. I have also gone through all necessary steps in order to solve this issue but none have worked such as USB power management etc. 

As for the issue - when starting P3D V4.3 or sometimes when halfway through a flight my MFG rudder pedals will disconnect and reconnect and vise versa continuously which eventually causes an ntdll ctd with P3D. Is there any reason why my pedals should be disconnecting? I have tried connecting the usb cable into the computer & external usb ports without a fix. 

What brand pedals?  What version of Windows?  You may need to disable power management for the device.  Do a search for Saitek and Windows Advanced Power Management (even if your pedals are not Saitek).  You should find some good clues on the issue and ways to overcome the issue..  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The pedals are MFG Rudder Pedals. All windows updates are the latest and all drivers are latest. 

Edited by shamrockflyer

Still. First step based on the description is to disable Windows Advanced Power Management for the device and see if that solves the issue.  I only mentioned Saitek as it has really been an issue with their devices.  It may not solve your issue but its a very good first step.  Control Panel, Device Manager, Human Interface Devices.  Identity you pedals, then for them check Properties, Advanced.  If Power Management is selected then uncheck it.  You might need to unplug then re-plug the device to see what device disappears then reappears.  For Saitek devices there were also Windows Registry values to change.

I mention this as a first step.  Check this issue before you start spending for additional USB hubs, ect.  I went through two years of misery doing that route only to find out later it was all unnecessary.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have gone through that step and it hasn't resolved the issue. 

Since the pedals connect to the computer using a standard printer cable, I will try my printer cable and see if that sorts it, if not then more troubleshooting is in order. 

Have you added another USB  device recently?

Connecting disconnecting is a sign of too many USB devices on a single USB chipset where they aren't all getting sufficient power.

An easy test would be to buy a USB 2.0 PCIe card (they're very cheap) and add it to your system and plug the MFG Crosswind into the PCIe card (alone).

Typically I get about 12 USB devices per chipset (regardless of powered hubs or not).

Cheers, Rob.

I think I may have fixed the issue by switching out the cable. Since doing so I have no longer had any disconnection issues and the events section in device manager for the pedals is displaying a healthy log. I will repost here in the coming days if the issue has risen again, lets hope not! 

Thanks for your suggestions both Frank and Rob! 

Regards, Ciarán

Hellos @shamrockflyer,

I have actually started encountering this problem with my MFGs, did the problem get fixed by changing the cable?

Thanks in advance,

Santiago