Sign in to follow this  
emaresh12

FSXSE conver to P3D v4

Ok, I pay for the 777-200 and the &777-300 and the 737-800 NGX for flight simulator X Steam but tonight I got my the P3D v4 can i use the same key i got for FSXSE to use it in my P3dV v4 I really don't want to pay for another $189 for all three same aircraft from PMDG?

29 minutes ago, emaresh12 said:

Ok, I pay for the 777-200 and the &777-300 and the 737-800 NGX for flight simulator X Steam but tonight I got my the P3D v4 can i use the same key i got for FSXSE to use it in my P3dV v4 I really don't want to pay for another $189 for all three same aircraft from PMDG?

PMDG pricing policy is clearly stated; in short, you’ll have to repay for the P3D versions. It’s also going to cost you much more that 189; P3D licenses are 30% more expensive than the FSX renditions.  

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

3 hours ago, emaresh12 said:

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

You can read our policies in the following link

https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a121/pmdg-pricing-and-license-policies.aspx

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I have read your policy and think that you might want to revisit it. We are at a point where a lot of folks will be moving to P3D v4 and we all know that it is an investment on your companies part to update the planes. We paid our share of the majority of the R&D of the product when we bought it for FSX or FSXSE. I do not believe any of us as a rule believe you should give it to us, but believe it is not so much to think we should get some kind of a break on putting those we purchased into P3D v4. I think you are being very short sighted and greedy. Other companies are giving the updates away for their loyal customers. I for one will not purchase another PMDG aircraft until you see the error in your ways.

RandyComo (Randy Comeau)

1 hour ago, RandyComo said:

We paid our share of the majority of the R&D of the product when we bought it for FSX or FSXSE

How do you arrive at that conclusion?  I suspect you might not be aware of the significant differences between FSX/ESP and P3Dv4, this required a significant amount of development that was not amortized by the legacy versions.

Regardless, you certainly are free to vote with your wallet.  I'm only pointing out the error in your argument.

Dan Downs KCRP

Other companies are giving the updates away for their loyal customers.

Which aircraft developer (note I said aircraft specifically, I know most, if not all, scenery developers do this).

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hi Folks,

Several years ago, I saw  where P3D was going, so I jumped off FSX.

Appears, I made the right decision. Saved a ton of money, and looking down the road, looks very promising. But nothing is forever, so there will be more changes.

The -8, will be my main plane for the long hauls.

Jerry Friz

• Like 2

Yes, I’ve lost my 777 and 737 (and the MD11 and JS41, come to that, but they’ve not been ported to P3d) because I won’t pay for them again and have gone P3D only, and although I entirely understand that it’s PMDG policy, it does sadden me a little that it is their policy. But c’est la vie. I won’t be getting the 748 simply because there  are no airlines that operate it that I’d wish to replicate in the sim, but the 744 is absolutely fantastic in v4 and there’s no way I’m going back to farting around with restarts and OOMs in FSX when trying to do long hauls.

Edited by rondon9898

4 hours ago, RandyComo said:

I have read your policy and think that you might want to revisit it. We are at a point where a lot of folks will be moving to P3D v4 and we all know that it is an investment on your companies part to update the planes. We paid our share of the majority of the R&D of the product when we bought it for FSX or FSXSE. I do not believe any of us as a rule believe you should give it to us, but believe it is not so much to think we should get some kind of a break on putting those we purchased into P3D v4. I think you are being very short sighted and greedy. Other companies are giving the updates away for their loyal customers. I for one will not purchase another PMDG aircraft until you see the error in your ways.

RandyComo (Randy Comeau)

Nope. PMDG warned us YEARS ago about the licensing issue and having to repurchase for P3D. Many switched immediately, and only had to repurchase the NGX at most. The rest decided to stick to FSX, and only realised the problem when 64bit came out, so you cant blame PMDG.

Also if you're wondering why, a simplified explanation will be the licensing deals with BOEING and LOCKHEED MARTIN. PMDG has a licensing with BOEING which allows them access to original material, blueprints etc (which is how their stuff is so good) for a certain fee. Originally, that was for entertainment purposes which is what FSX is all about. However, when P3D came out (a professional training sim which the average has no business with, yet has access to by the 'kindness' of LOCKHEED), BOEING added another fee for the 'pro sim' plus another fee for the right to use their material on a competitor's platform (LOCKHEED), plus the fee that P3D requires for addon publishers to sell add-ons. When you add development costs to the total, you understand why PMDG can be expensive, but its worth it.

Going back to BOEING, they treat FSX and P3D as completely different platforms (think XB1 vs PS4). That means switching content between the two is a breach and would make BOEING angry and ruin their long-running partnership with PMDG that has given us so much. This was the best outcome out of several meetings with lawyers. Remember, BOEING was not really going to allow this, so this is the best compromise for us, the average joe, who again shouldn't really be using this anyway.

As for other devs that offer P3D discounts, we don't know their legal and fee structure, so we can't really comment, but this is how it works at PMDG and they gave fair warning years ago. Its either this or PMDG is not allowed to use BOEING material on P3D.

P.S. This is a simplified explanation

Edited by captainsazzman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well, I have been sufficiently been beaten up for my views. If Carenado, ORBX, Aerosoft, and of by the way, RealAir jumped in and updated their aircraft even after going out of business and none of them are charging anything for their updates, I still think PMDG could at least give us a break but so be it if you are willing to pay a premium price a second time. As I said, I am not asking for a free ride, but would repurchase as say half price but to for example buy the 777 for $135.00 when I already paid $100.00 for it, well no thanks. 

You are welcome to your opinion as am I,

RandyComo

You are welcome to your opinion as am I

Sure, but the problem is the pricing policy isn't a matter of opinion, it's more of a fact with regards to the licensing agreements they have with both Boeing and Lockheed-Martin with regards to the aircraft usage. If Boeing is charging more for the licensing in P3D V4, that's something that's going to get passed down to us as the customer. I don't know what licensing agreement Carenado, RealAir, and Aerosoft have with respect to the aircraft manufacturers of the aircraft they're simulating, and I don't know that ORBX even does aircraft development (I could be wrong, I admit that I haven't even bothered checking), but chances are they're going by whatever agreement they have with the aircraft manufacturer in question. By the way, QualityWings did, for a brief period of time, allow you to purchase the P3D V4 version of the 787 at a discount if you already had the FSX version. That offer expired, so they don't anymore. Now, if you already have the FSX version and you want the P3D V4 version, you have to pay the full price.

Well, I have been sufficiently been beaten up for my views.

By who. Dan didn't, he just asked a simple question. I didn't, I just asked a simple question. Valesius did the best he could to explain why it was the way it was, so he certainly wasn't "beating you up for your views."

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Something something rule about pricing policy discussions...

Gonna ground this one here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers