Sign in to follow this  
frantzy

Applied updates, now no gear

I applied the latest updates for P3D v4 through the Operations Center, and now the 777 has no landing gear and the cockpit buttons are not operational. 

Thinking it’s the traditional “licensing issue” I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no joy. Any ideas? Oddly the reinstall never asked for my Activation Key.

(I’m a loyalist from long ago and happily pay the purchase price, but this is a PITA and I would have thought PMDG would be better than this by now.  Next time I won’t be so quick to apply updates).

Mike Frantz

ugcx_banner.png

2 hours ago, frantzy said:

I applied the latest updates for P3D v4 through the Operations Center, and now the 777 has no landing gear and the cockpit buttons are not operational. 

Thinking it’s the traditional “licensing issue” I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no joy. Any ideas? Oddly the reinstall never asked for my Activation Key.

(I’m a loyalist from long ago and happily pay the purchase price, but this is a PITA and I would have thought PMDG would be better than this by now.  Next time I won’t be so quick to apply updates).

Mike Frantz

Are you using any custom panel saves to load the plane?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Chris,

I am 80% sure the answer is no. I've only been making the transition from FSX to P3Dv4 in the past month, and my settings are still default almost everything. 

However I'm a multi-monitor cockpit-builder kind of user so there's a slight chance I chose to save the current state to see if any functionality had been added to the P3D version to allow instrument panel pop-out window positions to be restored.    

The CDU and all other functions are inop so I can't verify this.  I checked the Ops center settings but didn't see anywhere that would tell me the panel state of each plane.  I checked the PMDG 777 Panel State subfolder and there are only the original 4 panel states listed (long, short, default, clddrk) dated the day I originally installed; also the 777 options .ini file does not show any panel state customizations.

So far I've only flown the 777FX variant - but I believe the panel state setting would carry over to the -200LR and -300ER.

Mike Frantz

(Chris is supporting me through a PMDG support portal ticket, so I will come back to this thread and post when we've reached a resolution)

Edited by frantzy

ugcx_banner.png

Lars have you switched from FSX to p3Dv4 too? 

If so, have you first uninstalled the 777 via the windows control panel -programs and then installed the new version?

On 7/30/2018 at 12:18 AM, frantzy said:

but this is a PITA and I would have thought PMDG would be better than this by now

Whoa there...

I get that issues are frustrating. I had to reinstall the entirety of my P3D install the other week because things went sideways. Computer stuff happens, it's frustrating...but let's lay things out here honestly.

This isn't an issue on my machine, nor is it on many others (else the forum and support would be overrun by reports of this, and they're not). We hadn't even begun to troubleshoot, and fingers were already being pointed around (and quite accusingly so, despite your later note that you're running a pretty customized setup)...it's not really responsible, or fair, honestly. Hopefully Chris is helping you in support well enough. I haven't seen your ticket yet.

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

If so, have you first uninstalled the 777 via the windows control panel -programs and then installed the new version?

I am on P4 since almost a year now. What I updated was the 777 and ASP4.

I will try a reinstall now, but of course I'm unable to disable my license through the CDU...

7 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

I will try a reinstall now, but of course I'm unable to disable my license through the CDU...

Don't need to for reinstalls. Completely unnecessary for that, and if done too frequently, will actually get the key locked.

Kyle Rodgers

13 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Thanks, it works again since I updated my client to 4.3. It seems that this update is not compatible with 4.1.

• Upvote 1

I have this same problem. I've tried installing and uninstalling with both the .exe file and the windows uninstaller through settings. Running windows 10. I updated to P3D v4.3 and then updated the PMDG 777-200 and -300 and 747. The 747 is running fine but no gear or gauges with the 777. Unlike the 747, it doesn't give the green "initializing systems" notification at the top. Also, I tried going from the 777 to the 747 and didn't get the warning not to go from 1 PMDG product to the next. So, it's almost as if it's just a shell and not even reading that it's a PMDG plane. So weird.

Thank you for any help that anyone may have!

Ron

8 hours ago, Schoening24 said:

I have this same problem. I've tried installing and uninstalling with both the .exe file and the windows uninstaller through settings. Running windows 10. I updated to P3D v4.3 and then updated the PMDG 777-200 and -300 and 747. The 747 is running fine but no gear or gauges with the 777. Unlike the 747, it doesn't give the green "initializing systems" notification at the top. Also, I tried going from the 777 to the 747 and didn't get the warning not to go from 1 PMDG product to the next. So, it's almost as if it's just a shell and not even reading that it's a PMDG plane. So weird.

Thank you for any help that anyone may have!

Ron

Please open a ticket thought the support portal. We need some more info and these are gothered from the ticket.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

An interim progress report:

I am receiving guidance from Paul & Chris through the support ticket, but after a full delete and clean install, the problem still remains.  The behavior I'm seeing sounds just like Ron's.

Thanks,

Mike Frantz

Edited by frantzy

ugcx_banner.png

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:52 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Whoa there...

I get that issues are frustrating. I had to reinstall the entirety of my P3D install the other week because things went sideways. Computer stuff happens, it's frustrating...but let's lay things out here honestly.

This isn't an issue on my machine, nor is it on many others (else the forum and support would be overrun by reports of this, and they're not). We hadn't even begun to troubleshoot, and fingers were already being pointed around (and quite accusingly so, despite your later note that you're running a pretty customized setup)...it's not really responsible, or fair, honestly. Hopefully Chris is helping you in support well enough. I haven't seen your ticket yet.

Kyle, I'm not being dishonest.   In 13 years as a customer I've had enormous pleasure well in excess of my $1,038 investment and look forward to adding future new releases.  I still don't think a minor update thru the Ops Center should render my 777 AOG for 2 weeks and counting, and I don't think having multiple monitors and GoFlight hardware constitutes  a "pretty customized setup".

Thanks,

Mike Frantz

ugcx_banner.png

RESOLVED - it was user error on my part.  I believed I had properly installed P3D v 4.3 but in fact my installation was still 4.1.   When I properly installed Prepar3d the PMDG 777 worked normally.  

My sincere apologies to PMDG Support.

Mike Frantz

Edited by frantzy
  • Like 1

ugcx_banner.png