Sign in to follow this  
mfy1989

Track panning of world cameras?

Hi there,

Firstly I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to develop this addon, and it really does look like it has huge potential. I'm in the process of making the (painful) transition from FSX to P3Dv4, and Chaseplane seems to be the only available view system for the latter at present.

I have been making videos for youtube with FSX for many years, and FS9 before that, and have been spoilt with the wonderful tool that is FS Recorder. Amazingly, FS Recorder provided cameras, replay and capture functions all in one tool, and it was free (although he would have made a fortune if he'd charged for it).

Although it's early days, I am finding it difficult to move to the Chaseplane way of thinking, and there is one thing in particular that I miss - that is the ability to track and pan to an aircraft with world cameras. In FS Recorder, you could aim a camera at a specific point on the aircraft, and it would follow that point as the aircraft flew past. This does not seem possible to do with Chaseplane, unless I've missed something? I note the 'track aircraft' option under the advanced options, but this only seems to point the camera at the aircraft initially - it doesn't follow it thereafter.

I realise Chaseplane is a work in progress, but to be honest I would happily do without a lot of the features if only to have the ability to define world cameras and track aircraft/fixed points easily.

Is such a feature planned for a future update?

Kind regards,

mfy1989

Currently, the only way to track an aircraft in Static mode is while using the Track Aircraft toggle. The Replay System is in a very early stage and tracking the aircraft is not possible yet while in playback.

Best Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Ok thanks Keven - is this something that's likely to change any time soon? I guess I should have read up a bit more before buying, but right now without the ability to track aircraft in playback, chaseplane isn't much use to me.

We will prioritize this feature among many after v1 is released. We don't have a time estimate for now.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42