Sign in to follow this  
RobsterSF

KBUR & KLGB

Hi all,

Forgive me is posting to the wrong forum. I feel this is the right place?

Looking for a paid version of KBUR & KLGB  airport scenery. I did find this from Aerosoft.....

https://www.aerosoft.com/us/flight-simulation/flight-simulator-x-steam/sceneries/691/us-cities-x-los-angeles

......however I am concerned this may not play nicely with my other installs of KLAX from FSDreamTeam and KSAN from ORBX plus the ORBX Global Base given the Aerosoft package contains "Highly detailed and customized mesh terrain". 

Welcome your thoguhts.

Rob Pomon

Intel I7- 7820X, Dual GTX 1080Ti, EVGA x299 Dark, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance, EVGA DG-87 Case, EVGA CLC 280, 1TB Samsung 970 Pro PCIe NVMe, EVGA Super Nova1600 T2+ titanium, P3D v4.3, PMDG 737NGX, Win 10 x64

There is no payware BUR or LGB. The best you can do is download Shez Ansari's freeware version here and install them. (There are small conflicts with textures and some bgls. Despite that, they will work fine, despite visual impurities)

US Cities LA also works without issue (provided you follow the compatibility instructions in the Orbx forum) but as it includes no night lighting, it really glosses over one of the most stunning things about flying over the basin.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I assume Long Beach and Burbank are included in Orbx FTX SCA Region.  These are mid-tier in terms of quality, better than a freebee but not quite the level of a stand-alone payware addon airport.  Regardless, these are often the best you can get.  Orbx also has a free package of N Amer airports, hundreds of them, that are basically fixed up a little over the default and are worth the price.

Dan Downs KCRP

Shez did BUR and LGB never tried them in p3d4. Aerosoft Cities is photoreal city scenery not custom airport buildings.

Edited by Boeing or not going
  • Like 1

I believe Shez's BUR version was for FS9, therefore I haven't tested compatibility with P3Dv4, as those usually don't work out too well.  The LGB scenery is FSX and works well with minor issues as noted above.

4 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Shez did BUR and LGB never tried them in p3d4. Aerosoft Cities is photoreal city scenery not custom airport buildings.

Hey Boeing -- I am a user of US Cities X Los Angeles and you are technically correct it doesn't do airport buildings but it does add custom autogen to the photoscenery layer. I am not an ORBX user but use Megascenery, US Cities and various payware airports. It plays very well with KLAX, KSNA, etc.

Regards,

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, medx421 said:

I believe Shez's BUR version was for FS9, therefore I haven't tested compatibility with P3Dv4, as those usually don't work out too well.  The LGB scenery is FSX and works well with minor issues as noted above.

You are correct. BUR will not work well with P3D although never tried it. LGB does but I have to optimize it as it kills frames around south LA if used together with FSDTs KLAX.

We are planning a brand new BUR by SunSkyJet. WIP.

Shez

• Like 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

On 7/31/2018 at 5:55 PM, ShezA said:

You are correct. BUR will not work well with P3D although never tried it. LGB does but I have to optimize it as it kills frames around south LA if used together with FSDTs KLAX.

We are planning a brand new BUR by SunSkyJet. WIP.

Shez

Oh man if you could optimize LGB that'd be wonderful! Right now it really does seem to be dragging performance down quite a bit around LAX, which is sad because I really like this scenery of yours!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case