Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Any alternatives to P3Dv4 inflight recording?

Hi,

I was doing a video recording using the P3Dv4's own video recorder.  I need to see the flight landing, but as you all know with complex addons like PMDG 737, the panels do not get booted up in the recorded.  So all I can enjoy seeing is external model coming in for landing.  Is there a way to record with the full plane operational.  

Love the fact that I can change views inside the recording.  I just want to see all panels up and working.

Any solutions for this or everyone is in the same boat

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

It seems to be a difficult thing to achieve these days. 

FlightControlReplay is the latest version of an external recorder program - and although Fabio has improved the program significantly since V1, there are still big gaps with regards to PMDG animations on playback.  I have also noticed the playback is quite stuttery.  At the moment, there is still no program that allows you to play back a PMDG take-off or landing sequence from an external view without an obvious animation flaw.

Chaseplane also implemented a very basic playback feature which is also of little use for PMDG animations unfortunately.  Keven did say at the launch that they had to work with PMDG to resolve some of the issues, but I'm not sure if that ever progressed.  

I also don't know if there is any recorder capable of recording displays in PMDG 737 because it is very complex addon.

I am not sure but I remember FSrecorderX was able to record this in FSX but FSrecorder is not compatible with V4.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

4 minutes ago, Boomer said:

TACVIEW.

Never heard of it.  Sounds quite impressive.  So does it allow PMDG playback from external perspective with all animations accurately captured?

Upon reading Tacview, it doesn't seem to do on what I want to see.  See full flight with panels on (wiithin the simulator) over the scenery is what I want to see.  P3D recorder does it fine, just not for PMDG or complex addons. 

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

So does it work like FSRecorder or is simply a flight analyzer?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

OBS Studio?

I use it frequently for my videos but haven't tried it yet with the PMDG 737.
This program is free.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

7 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

OBS Studio?

I use it frequently for my videos but haven't tried it yet with the PMDG 737.
This program is free.

Richard.

A++ Great freeware.

I use OBS works perfectly. I have my hotkeys set to ctrl+alt+1 to record and ctrl+alt+0 to stop.

I also frequently do a replay after say landing and record that from diff viewpoints as well as recording full flights.

I have just downloaded the OBS Studio and followed the quickstart instructions. I run P3Dv4.5 under Winsows 10. I started the sim in the default scenario and in its own window, ran OBS and pressed start recording, left it for a minute and then stoped the recording. The screen was black all the time, however, there seemed to be sound recorded. How do I get the sim image into OBS?

19 hours ago, jsmcwilliam said:

I have just downloaded the OBS Studio and followed the quickstart instructions. I run P3Dv4.5 under Winsows 10. I started the sim in the default scenario and in its own window, ran OBS and pressed start recording, left it for a minute and then stoped the recording. The screen was black all the time, however, there seemed to be sound recorded. How do I get the sim image into OBS?

You need to select your input source for P3D it has to be "game capture" and drill down and select specific window and then follow the prompts to point it to the P3D exe file. You can have many sources recorded as inputs just click the eye next to any source you want to turn off. The user help in OBS is good and the forums are huge. results with vary with you PC setup, I sim at 4K but I have OBS set to rescale teh recording to Full HD (1920x1080).

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

Thanks for the input. Right now I am worried as to the security of the pgm files. After installing I got a security warning that I had "TrojanGenericKD.42825397" in my system and I had to back everything to an earlier HD backup in order to get rid of it. I can't be sure that it came from OBS Studio, howerer, it is a possibility.

John