Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

The Easy World of X-Plane :-)

On 7/31/2018 at 1:02 PM, dmarques69 said:

I have 3TB of airports, scenery and libraries on a second disk, and i just shortcut the 2 that im flying to, that way XP doenst has to read all that every time, the beautiful simplicity of XP 😀

Hi from Sweden

Your way of handling files are 👍🏻👍🏻

But me dont realy understand how you do?

like me y have 2 X 1 TB of SSD 

so y install XP on one of the  2 SSD ok?

then y install all my scenery, addons, libraris, Mesh UHD, Ortho4XP files

on the second SSD?

y dont understand what you mean with just shortcut, 

y now how to shurtcut for ex to my desktop.....

I mean the result when y start XP having the rest of

the files on a second SSD without making any shorcuts

well be that XP is missing files and cant run the Sim ”Right”??

maybe you could show a pictures?

sorry to be a 🧐🧐

thx

nils 🇸🇪🛩

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, dmarques69 said:

Ian as simple as it gets, example folder with custom airports in D:/airports, X-plane in C:\X-plane\Custom Scenery, you pick the aiport in D, drag it with the right mouse button to the custom scenry folder release the button and choose create shortcut, you can rename the shortcut for whatever you want then start XP, the aiport is going to show in scenery ini file, you just need to order to the right position, in the case of custom airports they go on top so you dont have to do anything 😉 

Dumbo nr 2 gona tried that THX so mutch

I have several free add-on airports, my favorite being SFO, they all have high framerates and much greater detail than the Xplane11 originals.  I have two payware add-on aircraft, the Aerobask Eclipse, my favorite add-on between Xplane11 and P3DV4, and the Carenado PC-12, a great single engine turboprop, fun to fly, and oh so useful operating from smaller airstrips.  I use the Xplane11 default scenery, landclass and mesh.  Used to use Ortho scenery but now prefer the default scenery because it so well replicates what one sees in real world flying.  I use the default clouds, often playing with the cloud layers to get just the ambiance I want.  I love Xplane11's replay feature, which allows me to fly the route I want, land well, then replay and view my flight from all angles so I can capture just the right video or screenshot.  I think Xplane11 is the most full featured flightsim out there, with lots of (to borrow a phrase from Disney) "hidden Mickeys" within the sim.  It proves that a small operation can put out stellar software when they know their consumer well.  Xplane kept our hobby alive when Microsoft pulled out of MSFS, and it forced Lockheed Martin to create a better flight sim than what we had before with FSX.  Good competitors keep the competition honest and thirsty to satisfy the consumer, and since our hobby is largely full of pilots or those trying to become one, the consumers are satisfied and honored to be recognized.

John

• Like 1

Here's one for you; I've not used X-Plane default weather since XP9 days. 

I'm using XP11 and bought SkymaxxPro as soon as got XP11 and have used it ever since.

Watched a Jeff Favignano video where his weather looked amazing!  He said it was default!

So I removed SkyMaxxPro a week ago and ......voila! ..... with XP11.25 default, a huge improvement to my weather, and better FPS!

XP11 just rocks. 

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Still using default weather and textures. Don't see much of a point in all those third party replacements other than adding potential for compatibility issues and instability. The latter is one of the bigger sources of frustration, since a buggy add-on can crash the entire sim without a hint as to why (as experienced with Zibo 3.28 - 3.29 runs much more stable so far).

One thing I also couldn't figure out yet is how to run it properly on Linux. XP does work, but framerates are half of what I'm getting on Windows 10.

Did a flight in FSXSE a while ago. It looks and feels...old. And the performance is worse(!).

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, dmarques69 said:

Ian as simple as it gets, example folder with custom airports in D:/airports, X-plane in C:\X-plane\Custom Scenery, you pick the aiport in D, drag it with the right mouse button to the custom scenry folder release the button and choose create shortcut, you can rename the shortcut for whatever you want then start XP, the aiport is going to show in scenery ini file, you just need to order to the right position, in the case of custom airports they go on top so you dont have to do anything 😉

Thanks for that. Just to be clear the short cut resides in the Custom Scenery folder and X-plane can handle that?

Ian Cameron

14 hours ago, bowingic said:

Thanks for that. Just to be clear the short cut resides in the Custom Scenery folder and X-plane can handle that?

Yes

full.png

Example from my INI file

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/THE-FAIB Aircraft Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/THE-FRUIT-STAND Aircraft Library v2.2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Vehicle Library Extension/
SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/gbpro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models-0.8.0/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/XAirportScenery/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/------------------------ Ortho -----------------------/
SCENERY_PACK D:\yOrtho4XP_Overlays/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/------------------- Ortho Australia ----------------/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\Australia_v1\zz_Ortho_Australia--SydneyHD/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\Australia_v1\zz_Ortho_Australia-Western/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/------------------- Ortho Europe --------------------/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/------------ Ortho Europe Finland Estonia ------------/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_Finland-Estonia/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/------------- Ortho Europe Great Britain -------------/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/----------------- Ortho Europe Spain -----------------/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_SpainUHDv2_+36-002/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_SpainUHDv2_+36-003/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_SpainUHDv2_+36-004/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_SpainUHDv2_+36-005/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_SpainUHDv2_+36-006/

Edited by Glenn_C
  • Like 1

Couldn't really be simpler :-)

And rgdng JYW's post above, me too :-)  Just default XP11.25 weather is just fine and actually accurate enough for the kind of "flying " I do in the sim.

But of course I am looking fwd for ASXP....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

20 hours ago, jcomm said:

Couldn't really be simpler 🙂

And rgdng JYW's post above, me too 🙂 Just default XP11.25 weather is just fine and actually accurate enough for the kind of "flying " I do in the sim.

But of course I am looking fwd for ASXP....

ASXP = Active Sky?

5 hours ago, FiveSeveN- said:

ASXP = Active Sky?

Yep, Active Sky for X-Plane, coming along....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 8/6/2018 at 4:38 PM, Glenn_C said:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/THE-FAIB Aircraft Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/THE-FRUIT-STAND Aircraft Library v2.2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Vehicle Library Extension/
SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/gbpro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models-0.8.0/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/XAirportScenery/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/------------------------ Ortho -----------------------/
SCENERY_PACK D:\yOrtho4XP_Overlays/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/------------------- Ortho Australia ----------------/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\Australia_v1\zz_Ortho_Australia--SydneyHD/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\Australia_v1\zz_Ortho_Australia-Western/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/------------------- Ortho Europe --------------------/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/------------ Ortho Europe Finland Estonia ------------/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_Finland-Estonia/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/------------- Ortho Europe Great Britain -------------/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/----------------- Ortho Europe Spain -----------------/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_SpainUHDv2_+36-002/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_SpainUHDv2_+36-003/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_SpainUHDv2_+36-004/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_SpainUHDv2_+36-005/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Ortho Torrents\z_SpainUHDv2_+36-006/

Hi Glenn,

Are you sure that's from your actual scenery_packs.ini file ? AFAIK, X-Plane doesn't allow to reference links outside of it's own folder, or comments. Furthermore, the names don't match with the folders shown above.

That can be done in a different way:

Here is a line of my scenery.ini: 

SCENERY_PACK C:\Users\psch\Documents\Ortho4XP\Tiles\zOrtho4XP_+49+007/

The file itself is in the Ortho folder where it was created (not another drive, however), and in the "Custom Scenery" folder, I have put a link using copy and paste creating a link (right mouse button). This is on Windows 10. By the way, the overlays directory is also linked from the Ortho folder. As this:

FbUJ6QW.jpg

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:06 PM, Pascal_LSGC said:

Hi Glenn,

Are you sure that's from your actual scenery_packs.ini file ? AFAIK, X-Plane doesn't allow to reference links outside of it's own folder, or comments. Furthermore, the names don't match with the folders shown above.

1. Yes it's from my scenery_packs.ini.

2. Just create a folder  "c:\ ========== hello world =============="  then make a reference in scenery_packs.ini by dragging a shortcut of this folder to your Custom Scenery folder :)  They are not comments as such they are reference to folders I created to look like comments and separate my different scenery files.

3. The names do not match because I just chose a random excerpt from my ini file. I did not match up the screen shot and INI file references exactly.

full.png