I’D want to build a new pc, I already made a topic on it but it was too expensive so this is my new idea:

I7-8700K

Z370F

Zotac Amp 1080 ti

Corsair 750mx

G.Skill 16 gb 4000mhz

Samsung 970 pro 512 gb (OS, Antivirus, Office)

1 TB HDD (P3d)

Drevo 480 Gb (Other Games)

Logitech G203

Cooler Master 5

A custom Water Cooling:

Alphacool 18575 tubing

Thermaltake C1000 

Alphacool 15190

Alphacool Nexxos ST30

Alphaccol Coolmove

Ek Waterblock

Alphacool Nexos GPX 1080 Ti

Razer Keyboard

Like in the last topic, I’d said I want to build a 777 Home Cockpit

A new generation of GPUs (1180) are going to be announced on august 20-21. Are you sure you still want to go for that 1080ti? I´m planning to get a new PC as well but I´ll want till the end of the month to make a desicion.

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

22 hours ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

1 TB HDD (P3d)

I would suggest going with a 1TB M.2 SSD for your P3D drive.  Data access performance for texture/scenery loading is greatly enhanced over a mechanical HDD.  Check out the Samsung EVO 960 (M.2).  For a bit more money, you could check out the EVO 970 (M.2)

Edited by dmiannay
  • Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

5 hours ago, chass32 said:

A new generation of GPUs (1180) are going to be announced on august 20-21. Are you sure you still want to go for that 1080ti? I´m planning to get a new PC as well but I´ll want till the end of the month to make a desicion.

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks, I didn’t know the date of the exit of the new gpu generation.

1 hour ago, dmiannay said:

I would suggest going with a 1TB M.2 SSD for your P3D drive.  Data access performance for texture/scenery loading is greatly enhanced over a mechanical HDD.  Check out the Samsung EVO 960 (M.2).  For a bit more money, you could check out the EVO 970 (M.2)

I think I will get a 970 evo for os, antivirus, steam (obviously of 250 gb), a samsung 850evo (1Tb) and a 1 tb hdd for Fsw, Fortnite, X Plane and Microsoft Flight (not Fsx).

Thanks for everything, I will give you new infos in the near future.

Do you know  what’s the best thing to do with the cooling? The custom water cooling that I want to do or a Corsair 115i pro for example?

2 hours ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

Do you know  what’s the best thing to do with the cooling? The custom water cooling that I want to do or a Corsair 115i pro for example?

If you are committed to water cooling, I believe the general consensus is custom cooling (much more flexibility).  However, there's a lot more fiddling required for a custom solution than for an AIO solution, so it depends on how adventurous you are.

Noctua has some very good air cooling solutions, but they require a good bit of room around the CPU and can possible obstruct easy access to RAM sticks, etc.  Not all cases can accommodate the high-end air cooling solutions either, so do some research.  Air cooling is more cost-effective, but there are trade-offs with whatever solution you select.

2 hours ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

I think I will get a 970 evo for os, antivirus, steam (obviously of 250 gb), a samsung 850evo (1Tb) and a 1 tb hdd for Fsw, Fortnite, X Plane and Microsoft Flight (not Fsx).

Since you didn't say this in your response, I'm assuming you will install P3D onto one of the SSDs, right?

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

10 hours ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

The custom water cooling that I want to do or a Corsair 115i pro for example?

Unless you're going for extreme overclocking, the Corsair 115i should give great cooling. Custom cooling loops generally give lower temperatures but are more expensive and are fairly labour intensive - installing them is much more complicated and they also require periodic servicing. I have a Corsair 110i GT and run it in silent mode and my temps rarely rise above 65°C. For a comparison of performance, see: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h115i_pro_review,10.html

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I would go with SSD drives Western Digital are shutting down there factory's making physical Disk drives, and will only make SSD drives in the future. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 8/1/2018 at 4:39 PM, dmiannay said:

If you are committed to water cooling, I believe the general consensus is custom cooling (much more flexibility).  However, there's a lot more fiddling required for a custom solution than for an AIO solution, so it depends on how adventurous you are.

Noctua has some very good air cooling solutions, but they require a good bit of room around the CPU and can possible obstruct easy access to RAM sticks, etc.  Not all cases can accommodate the high-end air cooling solutions either, so do some research.  Air cooling is more cost-effective, but there are trade-offs with whatever solution you select.

Since you didn't say this in your response, I'm assuming you will install P3D onto one of the SSDs, right?

Yes